Your views on how to promote the pk server and what would you change

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 Lexi

Lexi

Wolf

• Members
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:Currently my hobby is running my farm and website(s).

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

I tried, I got no reply from Entrophy. I wont bug him too much, I figured he's a busy guy, I'll give him a couple more days, perhaps the mail didn't go through.

#122 Patriot

Patriot

Racoon

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:48 AM

I have been thinking about this "problem" with no one wanting to play the pk server. People have come up with tons of stupid ideas, and a few good ones to get people over here.

Here is the issue: People don't want to go to an empty server. The problem is, that makes no since, because in order for the server to fill up, there has to be people. Duh!! So if people began coming over here and playing more people would follow. I have been playing pk server in my spare time for better than a year, I have enjoyed it thoroughly. It isn't too crowded, you can have fun!

Another issue rasied. The find level for bindings is too low, the make level for enriched esses is to low....blah blah blah. That is not true. I have harvested very little cuz I really hate doing so. But harvested 10k coal, and 2k saphs, and guess what??? found 2 binding stones. That is pretty darn good averages if you ask me. I invsted in the arti perk, mixed 4k fire esses and low and behold, made 3 efe!!! Those are good averages to me.

So come on people, get your butts over here and have some fun!!! It really is fun over here!

No cooldowns on anything (I am very low 80's a/d and can kill a MCW with 2-3 restores! good stuff)
No mini events
Cheap rostos
plenty of room to move about
always people willing to help you out...

Seriously, it is worth it.

#123 justy

justy

Rat

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hi all
had a short convo with BKC this morning and what came up was the lack of invasions/events on here
Stupidy i wondered if when we had an invasion if it could be broadcast on the main server mod spam channel
That way all those with pk server accounts would know and possibly(hopefully) log in and join in
Also those without accounts might just get 'interested' and want to join in
anyway your views please

mental

#124 Starlite

Starlite

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

That is actually a great idea :pickaxe: today Piggy came on main and announced Sun Tzu as a result we got lots of interest, maybe special days could be announced on main to. I logged in thanks to the info to take advantage of the day.

Edited by Starlite, 31 July 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#125 Wizzy

Wizzy

Leopard

• Moderators
  • 1625 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hi all
had a short convo with BKC this morning and what came up was the lack of invasions/events on here
Stupidy i wondered if when we had an invasion if it could be broadcast on the main server mod spam channel
That way all those with pk server accounts would know and possibly(hopefully) log in and join in
Also those without accounts might just get 'interested' and want to join in
anyway your views please

mental

I will be happy to do some invasions on the pk server, the problem I have had so far is the 3 times I have logged on to do one I found ~7 players online, and all where afk

Perhaps when you have a good number of active players online, you could send me a gossip telegram and I may just come pay you a visit.

I am not certain radu would like pk server secial days/events broad casted on main. I can certainly ask him.

#126 Sithis

Sithis

Deer

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

i try to understand what u guys mean when u say "promote EL PK server" , i mean promote to who?
To the already existing players of EL that play 2-3 years to make a decent char?
Why would anyone leave his hard work and go play the same game at another less populated server? :pickaxe:

#127 Lexi

Lexi

Wolf

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

I joined mainly for cooldown... lol Hate waiting... I am impatient like that.

ANYWAY, you CAN play both at the same time.

#128 Starlite

Starlite

Leprechaun

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Xanthus Ive played EL for over 3 years now and I find the pk server is refreshing, totally different style of play and legal multi with alts etc. Even when it is quiet its still nice to play and level. Great to see it is growing with lots of new peeps who are in fact (for the most part) experienced players. Maybe you should borrow a loan char and try it out for yourself.
Of course I still play on main and still have my goals there, but I also enjoy the freedom of the pk server.

Edited by Starlite, 31 July 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#129 justy

justy

Rat

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Firstly
Thank you wizzy we would very much appreciate that
Secondly
When i logged into PK server today i had no idea it was Sun Tzu
but i had a brilliant time with both my main and alt there

Like most i find starting a character from fresh a challenge
We all did it on the main when we first started but lets be honest the main server is very newbie friendly now
Doing it all again with the added risk(?) ofbeing PKed at anytime just adds to the enjoyment

Thanks for your views on my post

#130 bkc56

bkc56

Black Panther

• Members
  • 2251 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Lego, Video/Computer games

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

...the problem I have had so far is the 3 times I have logged on to do one I found ~7 players online, and all where afk

What time-of-day (and time-zone) have you been checking? Weekdays or weekends?

The PK server has definite busy/quiet times, somewhat related to European and US/West-Coast evening times.

#131 Wizzy

Wizzy

Leopard

• Moderators
  • 1625 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

...the problem I have had so far is the 3 times I have logged on to do one I found ~7 players online, and all where afk

What time-of-day (and time-zone) have you been checking? Weekdays or weekends?

The PK server has definite busy/quiet times, somewhat related to European and US/West-Coast evening times.

I am typicly playing mostly on week days, early evening Canada atlantic time.

GMT -4

#132 Lexi

Lexi

Wolf

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

I would say that's a quiet time then. :omg:

#133 8bit

8bit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

Well this suggestion might cause some reaction, but let me suggest allowing bots to move, attack, harvest, trade, and do anything else they want to do. Of course this only serves my own needs, since I enjoy programming bots. However, if the server has very low participation, then why not? Just a suggestion.

8bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users