Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Testing 1.9.5 client for Mac

http://www.gm.fh-koeln.de/~linke/EL-Downloads/EL-MAC-1.9.5.zip

Please test to see if the client installs and runs. Preferably on Test server as you will have problems using this on main.

If you don't know how to install this seperately from your 1.9.4 client, be prepared to reinstall 1.9.4 as well for playing on main.

Post any crash info.

(Note that on Test server you have the correct maps, but the unofficial tab maps are unreleased for it so you'll have to walk around blindly in new or rebuilt areas.)

Please also post if you found it works okay! Just so we know it's being tested.

Edited by Burn

[PM from Migdar: ogg.framework error on Mac client]

[PM from Migdar: Ogg.framework doesn't exist, so EL 1.9.5 won't run.]

Same problem here. It appears to be looking for the frameworks in /Library/Frameworks (rather than within the app, where they actually are).

Out of curiosity I duplicated the frameworks from within the app and added them to /Library/Frameworks, which results in a different crash.

Edited by Ben

Yes, same results here as you Ben, crashing at SDL_SoftStretch + 28354 (once i copied some frameworks from the EL.app to /Library/Frameworks/.

OK, i got this to build and run without crashing very late last night.

Built with Xcode 9.2. I’d very much like to know a little more info about what Sir_Odie is using…

Busy with work today, will try and get this uploaded as soon as I can.

Strangely, my build of it seems to crash (at least sometimes) in SDL_SetGamma which i avoided as my own el.ini disable that. I might comment that out in the code before I upload it.

OK the zip file available here works for at least one other person (besides me):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18cnJpEJNh-oAskYUc0PDx6dKs3fDQ2_Y/view?usp=sharing (ignore googles "whoops", just click the blue download button)

Download and unzip it somewhere and see if it at least runs. (If you don't know how to get it to connect to test server pm me).

There seems to be a problem already in that it doesn't find GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension which seems a slight ;) performance issue.

(And yes, it uses a blocky EL icon at the moment. priorities!)

Edited by Jofu
clarification

1 hour ago, Burn said:

Anyone testing ^ this?

Yes. No issues to report so far, beyond those already noted.

The item_info.txt file hasn't been fully updated yet…

I traded someone a Unicorn dung and trade log showed: 

--> 1 image_id=690 id=1162

item_info.txt has

1162 |      473 |      3 | Unicorn Dung

473 is the image id of plain old brown dung, 690 is the image id of the rainbow coloured dung.

I haven't checked via trading with someone, but the popup tooltips don't display for many (all?) of the items that have new images so the image id of all the changed items may be out of date.

These will only work on the test server until main is updated. If you have saved item lists then you will have to update them to get the new IDs.

Edited by bluap

Actually, the list in the 1.9.5 data is pointing to the old images. It was made with a script I wrote that just rips the info from the file that the server uses, provided by Radu.

I thought that went by object ID, not image.... so I didn't think twice about it. The images are updated using a file I edited for the server on Test, but the item list in the client was done with the main server's file.

Not a showstopper, it's just trade log printouts. But yeah, that's not gonna change if it's going by image IDs.

(Let's uh... let's make a pact that -assuming a 1.9.6- 1.9.6 gets rid of all uses of images for identification. Unique item IDs or bust. ;) )

Has working eyes, correct item_info, correct app icon, no framework issues. Thumbs up from me :)

Had it crash twice on me now. Last night it just quit with no warning but reopened fine. Today it has randomly quit but I got the 'Eternal lands quit unexpectedly'  pop-up. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if it is something specific to my computer.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.