Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Change exit to instances/invances to MM BH Meeting Room

Meeting Room Battlehall in MM has an NPC and no use currently.

Formerly access to it was limited due to entrance via PK battle rooms

I suggest rather than dropping players on Isla Prima to drop them in Meeting room and make NPC a storage NPC. This would allow players to split drops after invances and instances without going to another map. It would reduce confusion to new players having a lot of players land in the midst. Anyone going on instance or invance can handle anything in MM since they start there.

I think this circle returning to MM makes logical sense and nobody not participating is affected.

I see your reasoning, and it makes sense.

Yet, nevertheless, I believe it's a good overall gameplay element, if the battle-hardened veterans return upon successful conquest (well, or also on defeat) to their roots. It's a wonderful reason and place to instigate curious questions and conversation by newbie players and conversation with them when suddenly a crowd of warriors beams-in.

Dropping in battle hall meeting room makes sense. Would give an otherwise normally-unused room a purpose.

The storage part doesn't though. That NPC has a story, and IIRC is also part of a quest. I don't think storage NPCs are designed for that.

Leaving that meeting room is just a short walk to the MM storage, so also unnecessary.

I personally agree with this. If the storage is out (and I assume it would be), give it the option to teleport you to a storage. Otherwise, it is close enough to just walk to MM storage.

I was trying to make it more acceptable to spawn of hell.

Yet, nevertheless, I believe it's a good overall gameplay element, if the battle-hardened veterans return upon successful conquest (well, or also on defeat) to their roots. It's a wonderful reason and place to instigate curious questions and conversation by newbie players and conversation with them when suddenly a crowd of warriors beams-in.

I agree with Elke on this. It is a nice element that new players get to see what goes on beyond their immediate experience. I've seen many new players ask what we all are doing there. They all like it that I've seen.

I agree with Elke on this. It is a nice element that new players get to see what goes on beyond their immediate experience. I've seen many new players ask what we all are doing there. They all like it that I've seen.

+1

In short, leave it as it is now.

I like the suggestion from saxum, i seam to remember having suggested similar thing before (when the entrances to that room was still through pk area)

While i Agree it might give some players a wow feeling if suddenly a flock of high end warriors appear in ip, I am pretty sure that its effect is limited, and people tend to walk to a "safe trading place" or storage area afterwards anyway, So why not just have it in that nice big room, And if a storage is there too even better. Where does it stay that there is only to be 1 storage on a map, and that everything in el is to be combined with wasting time, by taking mor or less longer walks.

Meeting Room Battlehall in MM has an NPC and no use currently.

Formerly access to it was limited due to entrance via PK battle rooms

I suggest rather than dropping players on Isla Prima to drop them in Meeting room and make NPC a storage NPC. This would allow players to split drops after invances and instances without going to another map. It would reduce confusion to new players having a lot of players land in the midst. Anyone going on instance or invance can handle anything in MM since they start there.

I think this circle returning to MM makes logical sense and nobody not participating is affected.

It is a nice suggestion, but i think it has really low chances of implementation. I would however, think that removing the OA 25 limit from IP storage NPC would have extremelly good effects both on the playerbase and also on instancers.

I also agree with Elke. But is there a reason why these veterans aren't able to use the IP storage then? THAT will really animate IP, with ultra sexy warriors going at IP storage or trading or whatever.

Hellspawners will have quicker access to rings/spells, instancers to drops shares, and newbies will be able to witness all this process and wonder what is happening.

Edited by Mythos

Already affect of anti perk has been reduced without reduction in pick points and now you want Hellspawners quick access to storage? Why not remove PK portion of NC arena and make it safe for Harvester of Sorrows perk as well so players can get 30 pick points fast with little impact. Have heard plenty of complaints by those suggesting removal of negative effects of earned Child of Stars Perk but none complaining about effectively free pick points from anti perk. When negative effects are reduced players should have to give back pick points.