Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raz

Way to inrease levelling of shape shifted mules etc

At the moment - there is only one way to level a mule - click a glyph and then wait around in game and use up creature food.

Whilst there is a certain amount of productive time that can be spent as a mule - invariably if you want to level up the creature - the only way involves long periods of going afk. whilst as a mule - using up the food.

At the moment - each glyph gives the same credit to levelling as each food consumed.

If it was changed, such that each time a glyph was used, it counted for 3 creature food.

This would enable people to power level, but at a much higher cost than normal. This is in line with other parts of el.

I believe this would encourage more people to shift in and out of shape more often - rather than simply shape shift and then go afk.

This may be more relevant with the proposed introduction of other shape shifters - where perhaps the idle time may not be used quite so productively.

How about having several grades of creature food? Each would have its own recipe. The cheap stuff would be what we have now. The expensive stuff would use more ings or more expensive ings, but would cause a mule to level up faster.

The expensive stuff would have to be disproportionally expensive, otherwise no one would ever use the cheap stuff. For example, the expensive creature food could be twice as effective, but cost 3 times as much.

Good idea in theory, except the current st00f ain't necessarily cheap, up to 140gc/minute... few would call that cheap

For a good time call 1-800-gc-sinks

Regular CF is a pain in the ass, er, mule to make. No way in hell I'd make anything that's even more difficult and doubtfully would sell.

I really don't think any alternatives for leveling shapeshifts faster will be considered. First post takes away from potioners, which by default makes me against it ;)

Edited by Burn

Regular CF is a pain in the ass, er, mule to make. No way in hell I'd make anything that's even more difficult and doubtfully would sell.

I really don't think any alternatives for leveling shapeshifts faster will be considered. First post takes away from potioners, which by default makes me against it :omg:

but you said its a pain in the ass to make cf so with raz's way you dont have to make 10k of them for any more ungrateful plebians

i like raz's idea, i wouldnt do it because im too stupid to realise the benefits of being a mule, but im sure theres lots of people who would rather do it fast -- thats what schools are for after all :P

you could also try lvling by... hauling things :omg: You don't HAVE to afk lvl ur mule, its just the easiest way.

Ditto.

There are many ways to make your gold coin spent on creature food while leveling your mule.

1. Buy wine from wine quest and sell at 1.3gc per.

2. Buy feast pots and sell for 13-14gc per.

3. Buy and sell leather from the leather quest.

These are only 3 examples but they are a great way to make the gold coin spent on creature food back.

I was the 2nd person in game to have a max level 12 mule (labrat beat me by a day or 2 :P ) and it cost me 1,000,000+ gold coin to level max. I was able to make a bit of that gold coin back by buying/selling wine. I didn't make all my gold coin back because I did spend many nights afk while using up creature food but I chose to do this because I wanted to be one of the first to have the max mule.

EDIT: I don't like this idea because I find the creature food system to be perfect.

Edited by PaulB