Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Saved recipes for the storage window

As a large volume mixer, I concur with bkc56. If there is a way possible to implement it where macroing cannot occur/is hampered this would be a massive improvement to game playability/enjoyability for me and imagine many others as well. And the screenshots so far look like everything I've ever wanted in such a feature :D

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot to say that the code has already been committed to CVS and enabled in the build so if you make or pick up a fresh build you'll be able to try the UI.

The macro concerns are not just about automating the UI. The feature would require a new server message where the client requests the list of objects and quantities from storage. While you would of course have to already have storage open, the new message would make automated access to storage by modified clients easier. Radu has a lot of other things to do currently so this will have to wait in any case but he agreed to think about ways of making it work.

Wow Bluap, great work there.

Any idea when this might be available to all versions of the client?

I have no idea when the next client update will be done but I think I saw something about an intention in a month or two. Until then, you are allowed to use a build from CVS on the main server.

I've just committed to CVS the change I mentioned. You can now select the quantity used to move items between the inventory and storage by right clicking an item in the list preview window.

Hey bluap when i compiled todays CVS on Linux i got your new ItmLst button, menu/list and preview window... looking good... but when i compiled on Windows the ItmLst button wasn't there...?

Edited by Korrode

Hey bluap when i compiled todays CVS on Linux i got your new ItmLst button, menu/list and preview window... looking good... but when i compiled on Windows the ItmLst button wasn't there...?

Did you update you make.conf file? On windows, I always have to copy make.defaults over make.conf then manually edit the library settings. I did test on windows BTW. :)

I really like this update, even in it's present form (though auto loading of the listed items would sure be nice)

Thanks for the great work :)

I have one minor suggestion: Until such time as the auto load might be implemented, it would be nice if left-clicking the items in the pop-up didn't close it.

BTW is it possible to have selecting an item in the pop-up select the appropriate category in the open storage?

OK that was two suggestions B)

I have one minor suggestion: Until such time as the auto load might be implemented, it would be nice if left-clicking the items in the pop-up didn't close it.

Yep, that sounds like a good idea.

BTW is it possible to have selecting an item in the pop-up select the appropriate category in the open storage?

Not easily and so I'd rather wait until we know how far this feature can be taken...

I forgot to mention, I updated this feature so that it can use the new item_uid values on the test server. I had to change the save list file format so I included a hack to read the old format and write the new. I'll remove this hack at some stage nearer the next release.

After a quick chat with Entropy earlier this week, I've just committed a change to the list item feature. When using the item preview window, if you left-click on an item and your storage window is open, the correct storage category for the item is selected and the specified number of items are picked up from storage (assuming you have some/enough). You can then drop the items as normal into your inventory.

Note 1: The client must currently learn which items are in which categories. It does this by recording information as you select categories of the storage window. This information is saved (to your setting directory) when the client exists (or #save) so persists between sessions. Because of this learning process, at first, finding some items will fail until you have visited the storage category where they are located. The file of category information may be something that can be shipped with the client data eventually.

Note 2: By default, the item/category information uses image ids. This means that some items will be confused. However, the new code fully supports the new, unique item ids that are not yet available by default. When using the unique ids this issue is no longer present.

Edited by bluap

I tested the itm list feature in the cvs version (where the drag and drop works now) and i found that the magic interferences that closes the window messages are triggered far to often. (at least once every 30 usages).

Other wise its a great work, and i like the way it works

Note 2: By default, the item/category information uses image ids. This means that some items will be confused. However, the new code fully supports the new, unique item ids that are not yet available by default. When using the unique ids this issue is no longer present.

This turns out to be quite nasty, nearly gave away a nice weapon because it looked just like a regular one but was earlier in the storage listing.

I hope this non-unique id issue gets solved soon.

Other than this I am very happy with the restoring of the list, I use it all the time to restock for mixing in the mine and instances. Thanks.

I use this Feature a lot, and I really like the way it has turned out.

One minor issue though, is that I keep my inventory at the right edge of my screen (just left of the right side hud), so I can only see the 1st few characters of the lists when I click the Itm Lst button, unless I first move the inventory to the left. And when I open a list it is placed on the right side of my inventory, so again it is mostly hidden.

What I would like to ask is if it's possible to either make these sub-windows of the inventory edge aware, so they will pop up to the left if the inventory window is close to the right edge of the screen? If that's not simple to code, can the sub-windows open up at the location they were in last they were opened, relative to the inventory?

P.s. is the "window closed due to magical interference" an intentional feature or an unintentional one?

P.s. is the "window closed due to magical interference" an intentional feature or an unintentional one?

iirc it is an intentional feature, to make macroing using this feature harder.

One minor issue though, is that I keep my inventory at the right edge of my screen (just left of the right side hud), so I can only see the 1st few characters of the lists when I click the Itm Lst button, unless I first move the inventory to the left. And when I open a list it is placed on the right side of my inventory, so again it is mostly hidden.

OK, I'll look at making the window placement better. It is an easy change and the top/bottom is already moved as needed.

As Raistlin said.

BTW, glad you like the feature. :)

Edited by bluap