Eternal Lands Official Forums
Looter

Potion of Speed Hax

Do we want the hax back?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Speed Hax brought back ?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. If Speed Hax is brought back would you use it ?

• yes
    • no

From the Updates section:

'Undisabled' the speedhax potion. I am willing to give it one more chance, but if it's not going to be used too much again, it will be permanently disabled.

It's good to see the potion being given a second try. But I'm curious, if the cost and usage structure are unchanged from the first implementation, why do we expect the results of the second try to be different? I would think there would be better ways to encourage the usage of the potion besides the overshadowing of removal.

Edited by bkc56

From the Updates section:
'Undisabled' the speedhax potion. I am willing to give it one more chance, but if it's not going to be used too much again, it will be permanently disabled.

It's good to see the potion being given a second try. But I'm curious, if the cost and usage structure are unchanged from the first implementation, why do we expect the results of the second try to be different? I would think there would be better ways to encourage the usage of the potion besides the overshadowing of removal.

As i explained many people didnt even know it was there in the 1st place, it simply wasnt given long enough.

TYVM ENTROPY !!!

After several usages, well two I believe. The food cost is too expensive for me to maintain long term. However I do plan on continue using this potion to host, participate and complete events. And maybe when I like looking funny spinning in circles in slow-mo hehe

After several usages, well two I believe. The food cost is too expensive for me to maintain long term. However I do plan on continue using this potion to host, participate and complete events. And maybe when I like looking funny spinning in circles in slow-mo hehe

Is there any place where I suggested that this potion is meant for long term use?

Is there any place where I suggested that this potion is meant for long term use?

Is it worth considering the possibility that usage of the feature as well as the fun of the players might both be increased were there a less restrictive vision on its usage? Of course any issues with it's over-usage and effects on the economy can be compensated for with logical restrictions on weight carried or food used while running.

This line of thought could be extended to other low or unused features besides just running.

I'm using it since it's been reintroduced in-game ... and i used something like 5 potions to keep running all the time (most of the time i lost speedhax because of insane lag), i find it pretty doable to use it in the long term if you use toads/bones as food ... i use toads since bones are way too expensive for that usage (yes i have IEDP), and poison anti/srs/HEs ... Most of the time i get poisonned at maximum 2-3 times per trip from WS sto to MM silver, often only 1 time, which remains quite manageable with a COL and MOL ... (280HP), and 680 EMU right now, that's something like 30 toads per trip, and toads are not that hard to harvest in votd to restock ( 1 trip for toads = 10 trips to silver)