Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Serping spawns

i train at melinis 3x ogre spawn and two people training there is not serping. 1.5 ogres is decent enough xp. if a 3rd shows up it defeats the entire purpose of multiple spawns so it is annoying but it is not serping. this is what i believe Korrode was referring to. this phenomena of 'sharing' multiple spawns.

Edited by HereticEast

do i need to draw a picture with it for you? u state in your first post "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway" and in one of your latest to defend your guildie "why not look for another one if there is one free?" taking a spawn anyway, or looking for another one that is free are 2 opposite things, sounds hypocrit "i need a spawn i take one anyway" "DP is multi let the guy who wanted one of his look for another 1"

no matter if the chims spawn is 3x and the feros just 2x, or that Tina Turner trains the 3x and Weird Al wants one too. if someone comes there and starts killing them anyway thats serping, which is what u said you would do.. and you suggest to others "if there is a free single spawn, why not take that rather than depriving a trainer of a double spawn?"

and you fail to understand that it's not about your simple logic of looking for another feros spawn if there is one free cause the 2nd person would get same exp anyway..

im argueing the fact that you say you'll take a spawn from a multi trainer anyway, and then later on preach to others they should look for another spawn if they want to take one of the multi trainers (your guildie in this case) spawn.

In the first sentence of the above, you state that i said "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway".

This is completely incorrect.

Here's what i actually said, quoted, unchanged, word for word:

if i show up at Tirnym triple chim spawn and someone is there, i will start killing chims anyways.

Note the specific spawn location mentioned; "Tirnym triple chim spawn", and the specific amount of people defined, being "someone" (i.e. one person), not "some people".

Everything you've said after your first sentence hinges on your claim that i stated "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway", which is completely incorrect.

Just for you Sqwurl, I dug up a post by Ermabwed in OT section to find this link:

http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html

When you're ready to start debating the actual points at hand, and what's actually been said, rather than what you've decided was implied, i'll be happy to continue debate with you... until then, i'm through speaking to you.

so according to you going to the triple spawn while someone is training on all 3, and start killing chims there anyway is not serping?

no matter how you say it, fact remains that if you go there and start killing chims anyway while someone is there you are serping.

no matter which location it is or if there are 1 or 2 people there. as long as the one there already can keep up with all 3 its serping if you just start killing the chims he is training on

my suggestion is that you get a clue first, find out what serping actually is, think about what you say and after that come up with some well thought out responses.

maybe you can even do it sober for a change

as for that link: i dont care if name-calling is the lowest form of disagreement, your posts point out that its ok for you to kill someones monsters, but if someone wants to take one of your guildies spawns its suddenly not ok and tell him to go somewhere else.

thats hypocrisy and guess who its coming from.

I love how the two of you insist on just filtering eachother´s posts on things you can use to bash the other´s head in, but please take that to KF or pm.

As with everything, COMMON SENSE is something that should be applied here. The triple spawn in Tirnym is a unique location, even shared by 2, it shouldn´t be too big a loss of xp. Rotating between the 3 spawns makes that both players can actually have a chim practically non stop. Same applies for the melinis triple ogre spawn. The Bethel Feros cave has 6 feros. If only 2 people are training there, pretty sure it won´t take more than 2 minutes to see who is where, without having to start about serping, browntags and all the other lovely things that this game offers to spitefull people.

Communication is a great thing, even at spawns.

so according to you going to the triple spawn while someone is training on all 3, and start killing chims there anyway is not serping?

no matter how you say it, fact remains that if you go there and start killing chims anyway while someone is there you are serping.

no matter which location it is or if there are 1 or 2 people there. as long as the one there already can keep up with all 3 its serping if you just start killing the chims he is training on

Read carefully, try to understand fully what follows, and consider the last sentence with special attention, as it could suit you in a rather dangerous way:

After a conversaion with Korrode today, I told him that I expect the players to share multiple spawns. As you are probably aware, the spawns are NOT owned by anyone.

I told him that rather than relocate some chims, players should go there and share them. He replied that if he does that, people will label him and his guild as a spawn serper.

Now, I understand that there are 'community rules' about spawns, and I can understand getting mad when someone takes your spawn. For single spawns, it makes sense to have just one person training there (although you still do NOT own the spawn!). However, for multiple spawns, you are supposed and expected to share them. You can't claim something like: "All the forest chims here are belong to me".

If I ever see such claims, I am going to personally serp the spawns of everyone who makes such an arrogant claim.

My emphasis. If you still have problem in getting the message, I'm sure some kind soul will try to explain it to you in simpler words: you only have to ask :bow_arrow:

my suggestion is that you get a clue first, find out what serping actually is, think about what you say and after that come up with some well thought out responses.

Oh Irony, thy name is Sqwurl ...

Rehdon

After a conversaion with Korrode today, I told him that I expect the players to share multiple spawns. As you are probably aware, the spawns are NOT owned by Now, I understand that there are 'community rules' about spawns, and I can understand getting mad when someone takes your spawn. For single spawns, it makes sense to have just one person training there (although you still do NOT own the spawn!). However, for multiple spawns, you are supposed and expected to share them. You can't claim something like: "All the forest chims here are belong to me".

If I ever see such claims, I am going to personally serp the spawns of everyone who makes such an arrogant claim.

Correct and also confirmed by Ent.

It really is simple - I person 1 spawn. If no one happens to be on the spawn next to you by all means take both - but you should give one up if someone else arrives. (equally it is good manners for the incomer to look for other suitable free spawns first, and to ask which one the incumbent prefers)

Read carefully, try to understand fully what follows, and consider the last sentence with special attention, as it could suit you in a rather dangerous way:

After a conversaion with Korrode today, I told him that I expect the players to share multiple spawns. As you are probably aware, the spawns are NOT owned by anyone.

I told him that rather than relocate some chims, players should go there and share them. He replied that if he does that, people will label him and his guild as a spawn serper.

Now, I understand that there are 'community rules' about spawns, and I can understand getting mad when someone takes your spawn. For single spawns, it makes sense to have just one person training there (although you still do NOT own the spawn!). However, for multiple spawns, you are supposed and expected to share them. You can't claim something like: "All the forest chims here are belong to me".

My emphasis. If you still have problem in getting the message, I'm sure some kind soul will try to explain it to you in simpler words: you only have to ask :bow_arrow:

Oh Irony, thy name is Sqwurl ...

Rehdon

common sense Rehdon, use it :whistle:

there is a thing called 'community rules' and 1 man doesnt make them, they are set up by the community. so Ent can say we are supposed and expected to share them, but its up to us to do that or not.

i'm not against serping multi spawns, dont encourage it either.. from what i read in korrode's first post i see "i will start killing chims anyway" the 'anyway' part tells me he wouldnt care if there is someone else there, or that he would ask if he could have 1 of them.

Feros cave has multiple spawns close together, you got mad when i serped the feros you trained on, you could have walked a bit and pick another 1, and now your saying we are expected to share them?

practice what you preach, cu in the cave :o

Is it just me or are people confusing spawn "stealing" (note that nobody owns a spawn and Entropy said people should share) and spawn serping (using an overpowered weapon on a creature) in this thread?

Of course, I don't see how any weapon could be overpowered for chims unless you can actually box them which is not too likely in my oppinion.

Is it just me or are people confusing spawn "stealing" (note that nobody owns a spawn and Entropy said people should share) and spawn serping (using an overpowered weapon on a creature) in this thread?

Of course, I don't see how any weapon could be overpowered for chims unless you can actually box them which is not too likely in my oppinion.

Either I totally misunderstand your post, or you really need to get out of that iron cave and walk around a little.

Either I totally misunderstand your post, or you really need to get out of that iron cave and walk around a little.

So .... if I hit a rat on IP with, let's say, a halberd - I'm serping ? :):)

Have you ever seen a chim man ? :medieval: Go to Bethel or Melinis, see how people stand in line to box these rofl

@Sqwurl

I see, once again, you didn't actually do any reading, you just decided what people are saying/implying.

common sense Rehdon, use it :P

How about reading what I wrote first? That would a great way to start a meaningful exchange! :P

there is a thing called 'community rules' and 1 man doesnt make them, they are set up by the community. so Ent can say we are supposed and expected to share them, but its up to us to do that or not.

Actually you should go back and try to learn about community rules: for a start, they concern a single spawn, not double or triple spawns (f.i. see http://www.el-cel.com/info/rules.php if you don't believe me). What Ent was saying, and what common sense should tell you provided you're actually listening for once, is that community rules cannot apply to multiple spawns, because you're expected to share. Makes very much sense to me, try to think about it.

i'm not against serping multi spawns, dont encourage it either.. from what i read in korrode's first post i see "i will start killing chims anyway" the 'anyway' part tells me he wouldnt care if there is someone else there, or that he would ask if he could have 1 of them.

Nice try, but notice how Korrode didn't use the word "serp": do you understand the difference between serping and sharing a multiple spawn? That's what we're talking about.

Feros cave has multiple spawns close together, you got mad when i serped the feros you trained on, you could have walked a bit and pick another 1, and now your saying we are expected to share them?

Aw come on, you know I wasn't mad at you, on the contrary: I posted the log on our forums and people are still laughing at our exchange :P

practice what you preach, cu in the cave :D

Now, to the real reason I even bother to answer you: you're a self-admitted spawn serper and you fill your mouth with 'community rules' and exhortations to 'practice what you preach'? Sounds just hypocritical to me. And I don't need your 'advice', thank you so much: ask anybody who's been training near me if I ever serped her/his spawn.

Rehdon

@Sqwurl

I see, once again, you didn't actually do any reading, you just decided what people are saying/implying.

i read what you said, hence this discussion :P

@ Rehdon: you can argue all you want, i've been here 4-5 years, i know what serping is.. community rules have always applied to single and multi spawns, why do you think Dchim ignore lvl got lowered? because those multi trainers didnt get serped much, comm rules apply to multi spawns too, just because wWw couldnt get their way with a change in spawns doesnt mean that killing off chims while someone is multi training them isnt serping anymore.

and yes, he didnt use the word serp, but read what i say. "killing anyway" sounds like he goes over there to kill chims even though someone is there, which would be serping (unless you ask the one there if you can have one of the spawns)

Now, to the real reason I even bother to answer you: you're a self-admitted spawn serper and you fill your mouth with 'community rules' and exhortations to 'practice what you preach'? Sounds just hypocritical to me. And I don't need your 'advice', thank you so much: ask anybody who's been training near me if I ever serped her/his spawn.

yes i spawn serp brown tags, in what way am i hypocritical? i dont care about spawnserping, i dont tell people not to do it. just saying its wrong to imply that your going to a spawn, and start killing off chims anyway no matter what, and later on suggest to others that he/she should look for another spawn first if you see someone multi training.

funny how killing monsters anyway at one multi spawn is o.k (if wWw looks for a spawn) and at another ppl should look for a free single first (when wWw has the multi spawn)

why doesnt looking for a free one first apply to the multi chim spawns aswell?

yes i spawn serp brown tags, in what way am i hypocritical? i dont care about spawnserping, i dont tell people not to do it. just saying its wrong to imply that your going to a spawn, and start killing off chims anyway no matter what, and later on suggest to others that he/she should look for another spawn first if you see someone multi training.

he was being sarcastic in the first instance. he didn't like that rule.

Edited by HereticEast

The rule should be simple - it is okay to attack any creature that is not engaged in combat and has full hp.

(..)

The meaning of serping should be limited to attacking a creature someone else fights and that should be still considered outlaw.

:)