Eternal Lands Official Forums
Moebird

How Did You Get Your EL Name?

With so many different player names in EL, I was wondering how the people behind them picked them. I named my character after my pet cockatoo, Moe Bird. Is there a story behind your player name?

when I first looked at EL it was obvious to me I was going to be an Elf , and so in deciding a on a name I thought : what would be a name for an Elf that you woud come across in a land of elves , fantasy and monsters ?

ever since that ive found out Ateh is also the name of a guitar and a hebrew word meaning to come forth or something like that, but I didnt know that at the time hehe

Well Kickany1 is the first internet name I ever had. My mom actually came up with it way back when i was in high school and first got AOL. ANY are my initials. I also was active in tae kwon do at the time (still am on occasion) so the effect of "kickany1" was nice. I had not used this name in many year but had grown tired of my other screen names so I decided to bring it back.

My name is based on the type of music I listen to. My father always called it "devil music" and he like to call me boy when I was a kid. You figure out the rest.

Nickname at school, and since my school friends introduced me to EL I thought i may aswell stick with Peeves.

And then Harry potter came out, and I became a poltergiest apparently.

DHT is a combination of my two nicknames and my real name. D for Dima (friends used to call me because I used to look like Dima Bilan), H for Harry (then I cut my hair and looked like Harry Potter -.-), and T for Tadas, my real name

Short story:

Before playing EL, my favourite game was Panzer General (first one) where you can play campaigns only as Axis General :):D

Anyway it's my 2nd player name, first one didn't match english too much, and was 'hot' because of similarity to Saddam :P

Well, sorta obviously my name comes forth from Dragonball Z, lol.

Gohan was always my favorite character and I was pretty much crazy about DBZ when I started EL so long ago.

I created my first character under the name of "ssjGohan".

Later on took a namechange to 'BleedingSoul', when I lost someone I really cared for, I really wanted 'BleedingHeart' but that one was taken, so changed it to Soul.

About a half year ago, I decided that "nostalgia ftw!" and bought a new namechange, back to my EL root, and got "Gohan" back. And despite the fact some idiot pmed me "if u r only that original, u shud not be playin this game", it feels nice to have my first name back.

-Gohan

This one comes from my favourite cRPG game - Might And Magic 6.

There was a monster - something like a bat - who's name was 'blood sucker'.

But this is my second nickname.

My first char was named 'Mormont' - after one of the R.R. Martin's book.

I had Mormont as a main char, and BloodSucker as the alt. But then, after some time BloodSucker became the main one.

And I didn't plan to play this char for so long... the name is silly - perfect for the alt... not for the main one... and now it's just too late for a name change :D

Wanted a name that had no connection to my online name on other sites (at the time). Not knowing much about the game at the time, I figured it was mostly fighting. Was watching a Trek episode at the time, so the klingon pre-battle expression "Today is a good day to die!" came to mind. Was also not expecting to end up playing this long so didn't give it much consideration, hehe.

Now that I've been ingame quite a while, I may eventually end up changing names at some point in the future. My name's a bit odd considering I never pk and consider myself more of a mixer than a fighter. :D

Khalai is in fact an adjective. It means devoted to Khala, a protoss honor code. Explaining who protoss are is a waste of time, right? :D

When I was creating an account for my first MMORPG my daughter was watching Disney's 101 Dalmatians. I thought Cruella would be perfect since mmorpg's were full of spilled animal blood :Dlike that :-P

Since then I use this name in every game I play - it is very easy to remember which is good thing.

Playing with words some time ago (don't remember how long but it was way before EL) I wrote word 'paradoks' backwards for some reason, and love the way it sounded, and since than I'm 'skodarap' in online world :D

My name is as close to my RL name as posible, but this beeing my first MMORPG and with being an elf, Walt_Her got the meaning Forest_Master in English.

I used to be called Dilloesional, a mix of my own RL name Loes, with the word 'delusional'. In my first guild, I used to be called Dillo for short. After a year an a half in game i switched guilds, and there was one guildy that decided Dilly was his name of choice for me.. and it kinda grew on me, so I adopted the name.

At that time i created this char I was reading Terry Goodkind's "Swort of Truth" where Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander was the first wizard. So Zeddicul was very obvious name :D

Hi all,

My name is Hebrew and means House of Love. :D

I have a Jewish background I wanted my EL-name to be in Hebrew.

We would like to have a cat and a dog some day and I wanted Beth Ahabah to be the name of our cattery/kennel(s)*.

And we have a website with this name (still under construction) BethAhabah.nl

Love as written in the Bible means a lot to me ... I Corinthians 13 (4-8,13) : Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends ... So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

And I collect quotes like these :

Love is above all the gift of oneself.

Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.

Love is sure to be something less than human if it is not something more.

To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic.

It is not only necessary to love, it is necessary to say so.

We are each of use angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing each other.

See you,

BethAhabah :P

*kennel for US - kennels for UK :)

my name comes from my friends hyper active children..They like to cling all over me when i visit and not listen to there parents.So one day i threatened to shove beans up their nose if they didnt listen and even went so far as to chase them around the house with an open can of them.Now everytime i visit the game is "run,its the beanmaster!" and the race is on.

I was reading a book of Catherine Kerr at the time in wich the main character was named nevyn. Thinking that nevyn probably would be taking, i tried the dutch meaning for it: "Niemand" ( wich translates as nobody or no one)

Dreyan is a simple anagram of my RL name, with a slight modification of one letter to make it phonetically correct when pronounced. It's the name I've been using in most games I played, either single or multiplayer, and its short form of Drey can be used in both RL and EL. Pretty convenient and I can relate to it rather easily, so guess that's why it's been my first choice for so long.

my name comes from my friends hyper active children..They like to cling all over me when i visit and not listen to there parents.So one day i threatened to shove beans up their nose if they didnt listen and even went so far as to chase them around the house with an open can of them.Now everytime i visit the game is "run,its the beanmaster!" and the race is on.

OK, I LOL'd when I read that one, bwahaha.

-Gohan