Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

Pk Server strategy

I Have started this thread so people can ask advise about Pk server strategy and also share their wisdom.

Message for Admin

It would be cool if we could have a Pk Server strategy section under pk server on the Forum so the thread wont get lost as a section like this could help new players and old

Master Pitters A/D training post would be good here

Important Point to note

When you reach the A/D cap you wont get anymore exp for A/D so in theory you wont get O/A exp for it either

so if you need to reset do it now as reseting near the cap means you wont get your O/A back up

The best way to raise you O/A after cap i guess would be with Alc.

1: What do you all think of this?

2:Will you still spend hours killing Mobs with no exp just hoping for a drop or will you spend your time looking for players to Pk ?

Just something to think about

Handyman Thor

Even though it's just theoretical at this point (unless Entropy enters and intervenes with the whole "I have the answer" quote :P) exp will still be received from combat at the a/d cap, but it will just refuse to pass the level 100 mark. So you will be stuck there with 0 exp left to reach level 101 etc. This means you can still gain oa exp.

Just the way I perceived the cap from the beginning.

Important Point to note

When you reach the A/D cap you wont get anymore exp for A/D so in theory you wont get O/A exp for it either

so if you need to reset do it now as reseting near the cap means you wont get your O/A back up

As far as I know I am the only one on the server that has reached the cap so I will try to make it clear to everyone.

I am 98/100 a/d and when I leveled up to defense 100 I stoped getting defense experience.

This means, I can train 1 hour and get 200k+ attack xp but 0 defense xp.

As you all should know by now, Over All level is the sum of all experience gathered from all other skills, not getting any attack/defense xp means there is nothing to add to OA.

When a player gets 100/100 levels in a/d they will have to get experience from other skills to be able to level up their OA.

I was a bit frustrated at first, but I tend to like the result in this. People will level other skills, they will have to think better how to distribute their pick points and above all, since farming for items with no xp is boring, there will be even more PKing between high level characters. :medieval:

I don't have much time to play anymore, but I believe that people could even train more characters from scratch to get a "better" build after knowing this server better.

I love this server :P

Ok first newb question is there a a/d cap on main? if so cool and thanks for info

If not sincne i and most other now on server were not here at the start what was logic behind a/d cap and cant we ask it be removed.

Gambit

Ok first newb question is there a a/d cap on main? if so cool and thanks for info

If not sincne i and most other now on server were not here at the start what was logic behind a/d cap and cant we ask it be removed.

Gambit

All skills and oa are capped at ~178 on main iirc. No one has got there yet :P

The idea behind the a/d cap on PK server was that after people finish leveling they have nothing else to do other than go out PKing.

I think that the idea behind the a/d cap on PK server was that people wont keep getting stronger after a while.

The only way to get stronger after 100/100 is to increase OA for pps. Now it is relatively easy to get to ~80s and from there on to 90s in a steady pace. So everyone (also totally new players to the pk server) can become strong enough to team up against the already capped players.

Hehe

Gambit

Although I wouldn't mind training on yeti like some do on main I like the idea of having the cap at 100 a/d for more strategy.

What I don't like is the very low chance to get a good drop from high level creatures, having the cap, when there are potion books that are rare drops. The amount of SRs and essences used to kill creatures as low as Forest Chimeran for a book drop is... huge and you have to be very lucky.

@what will you do with the rare drops, make pots to use to go back to mobs unlikely. sell to others maybe. just becomes game of who collects most gc after that. the only time 2 capped peeps would kill ea other is if you catch one harvesting or without diss rings. seems like a sad future

It would seem to me that once a/d is capped out, the next logical skill to work on is magic. Given similar a/d (100/100) and similar armor/weapons, PK winners will be based on skill, and magic seems to be a huge part of that. And given how hard it would be to get enough PPs to max magic attributes, there'll always be room for work there.

Ranging is a secondary skill that doesn't use any nexus. Not great as a one-on-one skill, but someone fast with a mouse, he could get a couple arrows fired before engaging which would be like two free hits.

Summoning could also be very useful before engaging in combat, but it requires nexus points which might make it harder.

There's plenty to work on once the a/d cap is reached that would give you an advantage in a fight with another capped character, for those who desire to work for such an edge.

Important Point to note

As far as I know I am the only one on the server that has reached the cap so I will try to make it clear to everyone.

I am 98/100 a/d and when I leveled up to defense 100 I stoped getting defense experience.

As you all should know by now, Over All level is the sum of all experience gathered from all other skills, not getting any attack/defense xp means there is nothing to add to OA.

When a player gets 100/100 levels in a/d they will have to get experience from other skills to be able to level up their OA.

I was a bit frustrated at first, but I tend to like the result in this. People will level other skills, they will have to think better how to distribute their pick points and above all, since farming for items with no xp is boring, there will be even more PKing between high level characters. :)

I don't have much time to play anymore, but I believe that people could even train more characters from scratch to get a "better" build after knowing this server better.

I love this server ;)

Shouldn´t the same logic be applied here?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37454

Is the PK server a special thing?

If you read my thread u come to the conclusion that even if u hit the cap u still get OA exp...

But in your case that doesn´t happen, as i said, maybe it´s a special definition on PK server?

Will that happen if we hit the 180 cap here?? Radu said i wouldn´t.

Important Point to note

I was a bit frustrated at first, but I tend to like the result in this. People will level other skills, they will have to think better how to distribute their pick points and above all, since farming for items with no xp is boring, there will be even more PKing between high level characters. :)

I love this server ;)

Shouldn´t the same logic be applied here?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37454

If you read my thread u come to the conclusion that even if u hit the cap u still get OA exp...

But in your case that doesn´t happen, as i said, maybe it´s a special definition on PK server?

Will that happen if we hit the 180 cap here?? Radu said i wouldn´t.

This is an old thread that needs up dating .

Now we have reached the A/D cap we have found out that we do still get over all experience.

The attack and defence exp stops at 100 but the over all still go's up.

Which would have been nice to know before I took mirror perk and glow perk (looking for mirror and glow perk removal stones) lol :)

So some advise when you reach the A/D cap don't do like I did and set your char to kill Hi end mobs and Pk, keep it set for training.

That way you will still get good O/A exp which means more Pp's to spend on att's.

So Recap: Yes you do get O/A exp from A/D training just no more A/D exp when you reach the 100 cap on the Pk server

It is different from main in many ways (Rules, what you can buy from the shop, updates, moderation and more)

Handyman

http://eternallandspk.blogspot.com/

all that is stated on the blog + small community + a very low (if they even exist) number of new players (that are starting EL for the first time).

what you will find on the PK Server at the moment are people that play when they can, from time to time and not every day. Of course there are exceptions, people that have the chance to log online while at work, but still pretty much afk playing, they end up playing just a little over time.

about A/D Handy stated the changes that happened with some update after I reached the A/D Cap. Pretty much everyone on the PK Server already knew about it, this post was just dead and had not been updated due to it.