Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krystal V

I think PK is dead, Who's with me?

Limitations on A/D for certain places (Like DP arena, Naralik arena, etc) im my opinion is killing PK.

DP arena used to be where everyone went to PK, that's where I met many people and It's truly a landmark.

Until it turned newb..... *dun dun dun*

The arena turned to 40/40 and under....

This is basically teaching everyone wrong....

I heard people there say, "My JSoC owns you! - My Ti Cuisses of Mirroring own you!"

Its not pk. its items and hoarding GC..... What is this nonsence?

This is just teaching us that Items are everything, and skill is nothing, which is crap.

And don't get me started on the character buying/selling going on for DP chars.

I'm not complaining about anything other than Imho it killed PK.

I've been told by people that they go to DP arena out of addiction, a sick addiction, just to see if they will be attacked.... wth?

This is what I think. What do you think? please tell me what you think, and if this didn't kill PK, what did?

-- Jay

:pinch: To be honest i like going back to dpa to... but if the arena is for all ad's then many people would not play cause most are lazy an dont like training A/D, So if u make it an all ad like NCA many players may quit or jus not play because many players like shorterm goals like owning mirror tit an max p/c an some like us want to have no limits to A/D cya nice topic BTW :omg:

lol, another thing that killed PK was these Attirbute caps.... I know there is nothing that can be done now, but I know MANY <----- Many people that stopped PKing because they can't get high attributes. We need EMU to harvest :pinch:

I dont see a suggestion anywhere in this post, perhaps it belongs in the recently renamed section....

It's not a complaint. The idea is that a/d limit arenas have basicly ruined el's pk. I still am able to attack at DPA and I see the light in this. DPA and all other pk limited pk maps shuold be removed. People that are way over the limit go and wate time there. They should be out pking were it matters. Not sitting at a lame arena ONLY BECAUSE there are people there that are fighting. I belive there are many others who will afree with Jay and I that LIMIT A/D ARENAS have killed EL's PK . Everything I have said about wanting more limit to pk ends here. You all can quote me saying stuf and rub it in my face but idc anymore. Places such as DPA have wasted my EL time.

Sir_

Uhh.

Attribute caps increased pk A LOT. We no longer have characters like pkingduck, who don't have near the highest a/d in the game, but have a billion coord, and can never be hit. Someone 90/90 with max p/c/v/r can kill someone 100/100 with only max p/c, with a bit of strategy. Even now, a couple of 80-90 a/ders can kill a 120's a/d in kf without too much trouble. It evened the field. Though I agree with you, perhaps the level capped arenas evened the field too much.

Or perhaps you need to learn what an "implication" is.

He's suggesting that we remove level caps, because they're lame.

I actually do understand what an implication is, I also understand what a condescending attitude is.

there has been plenty of discussion of why pk is dead

• there are too many places to do it

• super weapons

• buyable pick points

• capped arenas

but unless you are making an acutal suggestion, and are meerly complaining about the current state of things not being the way you want them to be, then you are just whining and you post is in the wrong section. :pinch:

I would like to see the caps removed on DPa and other PKing areas. PKing is PKing and should be open to all in all areas. If they do not want to be sent to the underworld bye higher level players then they are forced to develop their characters fully rather than set at the TSed 40s level or stay out of the PKing areas.

My, how things change. It was just a few months ago that "PK was dead" and the best way to fix it was to create areas with limited attack ability based on A/D levels. Now "PK is dead" because of those same areas (along with various other reasons).

I think the proper post would have been: we thought we knew what would help, but we were wrong again because we don't really understand all the dynamics involved in PKing in this game.

I've been wrong too. I really thought the old-school map would help because the PKing wouldn't be just be about who has the best gear. I was so sure, yet TD mostly goes unused for PKing. The dynamics are clearly much more complicated that I was thinking.

Perhaps the best suggestion at present would be: go try the PK server.

actually I was wanting peoples "seggestions" about pk, and I thought that putting my post under "suggestions" was perfect, am I wrong?

There's been a heap of good suggestions of recent months, none of it gets implemented.

The single best suggestion i've seen is to make rostos a lot cheaper, so i'll mention that one again.

My, how things change. It was just a few months ago that "PK was dead" and the best way to fix it was to create areas with limited attack ability based on A/D levels. Now "PK is dead" because of those same areas (along with various other reasons).

I think the proper post would have been: we thought we knew what would help, but we were wrong again because we don't really understand all the dynamics involved in PKing in this game.

Having level limited arenas all the way up the a/d range could still prove to help PK, although, i remain very disappointed with the 80-99 a/d'ers in EL and their lack of trying to get KJa more active.

It's still my opinion that "PK city" with all the arenas near each other would work.

DPa only kills PK so long as all the DPa PK'ers remain afraid to go above 59/59 a/d, if the 60 a/d arena was more well used, they'd feel much more secure in the knowledge that they wont simply be thrown into PK with 100+ a/d'ers when they hit 60 a/d,

EDIT:

Last i heard, Ace was going to talk to Roja about moving the 60 a/d arena to WSC, and hopefully Chosen will flame ppls in chan 4 until they're so annoyed that they go there to fight him, and make the arena active :>

Edited by Korrode

Maybe making a wrestling arena would attract people ...

It would act as a normal arena, but you could not wear/wield anything, so the whole fight would be about your skills ...

Last i heard, Ace was going to talk to Roja about moving the 60 a/d arena to WSC, and hopefully Chosen will flame ppls in chan 4 until they're so annoyed that they go there to fight him, and make the arena active :>

I killed char to remake for DP, fuck waiting around for a life time for something to not happen.

I think he is trying to say we need to remove pk limit from EL. Seems like a good idea imho. :)

Then, (how did Korrode word this exactly?)

You

Don't

Know

Shit

:D

Eloquently expressed expletives (alliteration \o/) aside, I think the idea of removing level caps from all PK arenas is complete and utter nonsense (gobbledygook). A while back, people were even complaining PK was dead because of the lack of limited arenas.

Seriously, what a silly idea. I'm not even a 'true' PKer, I know what others think, but I read what goes on, this would totally ruin any fun other people are having at arenas. Why DPa is so popular:

-Close to storage

-40/40 AD Limit means fight usually last longer, and there is a reduced chance of getting your diss-catched by the wimps who are too scared to move onto another arena.

This would put the high level AD people at an extreme advantage, and raise the 'minimum' levels for PKing substantially (maybe 70-80s?).

Look at Korrode's threads for ideas, I did actually like his 'PK City' thread.

Limitations on A/D for certain places (Like DP arena, Naralik arena, etc) im my opinion is killing PK.

DP arena used to be where everyone went to PK, that's where I met many people and It's truly a landmark.

Until it turned newb..... *dun dun dun*

The arena turned to 40/40 and under....

This is basically teaching everyone wrong....

I heard people there say, "My JSoC owns you! - My Ti Cuisses of Mirroring own you!"

Its not pk. its items and hoarding GC..... What is this nonsence?

This is just teaching us that Items are everything, and skill is nothing, which is crap.

And don't get me started on the character buying/selling going on for DP chars.

I'm not complaining about anything other than Imho it killed PK.

I've been told by people that they go to DP arena out of addiction, a sick addiction, just to see if they will be attacked.... wth?

This is what I think. What do you think? please tell me what you think, and if this didn't kill PK, what did?

-- Jay

No, it is training of other skills rather than a/d, pickpoint distribution and strategy. Without summons+people who train 16 hours a day, it would seem that you would need more strategy to do well rather than less.

And btw, if you can find a single successful DPA pker who has no skill in fighting what-so-ever, please do let me know.

The only thing holding back a lot of pk is the price of rostogol stones.

Yes I know this is a large part of Radu's/Rojas Income

I just know if Ihad 20 rostos in store, I would go out and pk. Having only one atm means I have to be carefull and use it wisly until I can afford another one or find one in a rock somewhere. Yes, 15k is not too much, but all my gc's are going into buying a new nmt atm, and still mixing bars for those 24 hydro nexus I would like to have someday. If rostogols sold in shop for 1 dollar each, more people would buy more stones, more fights and more lost stones. Honestly I dont think radu would lose any bricks if they where sold cheap, this would mean more people could afford and more would go out and have fun watching them poof as they end up in the underworld

Any thread that has a title containing "PK is dead", or any similar phrase, is automatically locked.

If we don't read the forum rules, we get banned from the forums too, so consider this a warning.