Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Florian

Bow changing weapon bug

Can you reproduce it?

I've tried several things on test server and I was not able to have the same thing. I'll look at something in the code though...

EDIT: ok I was able to reproduce it. You should have been uber fast to switch your weapon. :medieval:

I see where it comes from and it's a design problem so I have to see how to change this... Thx for discovering it!

Edited by Schmurk

Don't mean to thread jack, but this seems to be a place for missile errors. At least I think it's missile related since I see alot of bone calcs in my backtrace. Please move if this belongs elsewhere. Fresh CVS compile and using the data files that Ent posted:

(gdb) run test
Starting program: /usr/local/games/el/el.x86.pre10-1.bin test
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread -1227699616 (LWP 32581)]
[New Thread -1520497744 (LWP 32597)]
[New Thread -1528886352 (LWP 32598)]
[New Thread -1555113040 (LWP 32599)]
[Thread -1528886352 (zombie) exited]
[New Thread -1563501648 (LWP 32600)]
[New Thread -1571890256 (LWP 32601)]
[Thread -1563501648 (zombie) exited]
[Thread -1571890256 (zombie) exited]
[New Thread -1580278864 (LWP 32602)]
[Thread -1580278864 (zombie) exited]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[switching to Thread -1520497744 (LWP 32597)]
0x08072e81 in cal_get_actor_bone_local_position (in_act=0xbd, in_bone_id=145, 
   in_shift=0xa55f02e0, out_pos=0xa55f0250) at cal.c:777
777             memcpy(out_pos, CalVector_Get(point), 3*sizeof(float));
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08072e81 in cal_get_actor_bone_local_position (in_act=0xbd, 
   in_bone_id=145, in_shift=0xa55f02e0, out_pos=0xa55f0250) at cal.c:777
#1  0x08072f4e in cal_get_actor_bone_absolute_position (in_act=0xddf8600, 
   in_bone_id=189, in_shift=0xbd, out_pos=0xbd) at cal.c:800
#2  0x08101d1e in missiles_fire_arrow (a=0xddf8600, target=0xbd, shot_type=189)
   at missiles.c:442
#3  0x08057569 in next_command () at actor_scripts.c:1180
#4  0x080edb58 in my_timer (interval=189, data=0x0) at timers.c:98
#5  0xb7e6c684 in SDL_ThreadedTimerCheck () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#6  0xb7eb80b6 in SDL_Delay () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#7  0xb7e6c2cb in SDL_RunThread () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#8  0xb7eb533d in SVGA_keyboardcallback () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#9  0xb7e2420e in start_thread () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
#10 0xb7a150de in clone () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) up
#1  0x08072f4e in cal_get_actor_bone_absolute_position (in_act=0xddf8600, 
   in_bone_id=189, in_shift=0xbd, out_pos=0xbd) at cal.c:800
800             cal_get_actor_bone_local_position(in_act, in_bone_id, in_shift, pos);
(gdb) up
#2  0x08101d1e in missiles_fire_arrow (a=0xddf8600, target=0xbd, shot_type=189)
   at missiles.c:442
442             cal_get_actor_bone_absolute_position(a, get_actor_bone_id(a, arrow_bone), shift, origin);
(gdb) up
#3  0x08057569 in next_command () at actor_scripts.c:1180
1180                                            missiles_fire_arrow(actors_list[i], actors_list[i]->range_target_fire, actors_list[i]->shot_type);
(gdb) up
#4  0x080edb58 in my_timer (interval=189, data=0x0) at timers.c:98
98                      next_command();
(gdb) up
#5  0xb7e6c684 in SDL_ThreadedTimerCheck () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
(gdb) up
#6  0xb7eb80b6 in SDL_Delay () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
(gdb) up
#7  0xb7e6c2cb in SDL_RunThread () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
(gdb) up
#8  0xb7eb533d in SVGA_keyboardcallback () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
(gdb) up
#9  0xb7e2420e in start_thread () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) up
#10 0xb7a150de in clone () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

Error log:

[17:52:51] Using the server profile: test
[17:52:53] no bone with name 'arrow' found in skeleton!
[17:52:58] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"
[17:52:58] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst[/url]
[17:52:58] Downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst[/url] from www.eternal-lands.com
[17:52:58] Finished downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst[/url]
[17:52:59] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst[/url]
[17:52:59] Downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst[/url] from www.eternal-lands.com
[17:52:59] Finished downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst[/url]
[17:53:20] missiles_fire_arrow: -1 is not a valid missile type for shield 7 of actor type 3

Edit: added error log

Edited by larrystorch

Error log:

You don't have the good character skeleton. You should not have installed the files from the last RC.

I had two different things happen when trying to change weapons.

I had been shooting arrows at Vince when the chim attacked me. I changed to therm but kept the bow equipt too. Also once the chim was dead I moved on to its bag. I was standing in one place but my feet were moving as if I was walking. As soon as I picked up the bag it stopped.

weaponbug.jpg

This one as you can see I chenged from cross bow to long bow and the cross bow turned black. A few seconds later there was a resync & I had the correct bow equipped.

weaponbug2.jpg

Error log:

You don't have the good character skeleton. You should not have installed the files from the last RC.

I did install the pre 10 file that Ent posted. I did it twice just to make sure that I didnt screw something up. I even checked file permissions to make sure Wine installed the files so that any user could read them.

I did install the pre 10 file that Ent posted. I did it twice just to make sure that I didnt screw something up. I even checked file permissions to make sure Wine installed the files so that any user could read them.

Ok but the log don't lie and they tell that your medium.csf file don't have any bone named 'arrow' so you should have done something wrong somewhere...

Ok but the log don't lie and they tell that your medium.csf file don't have any bone named 'arrow' so you should have done something wrong somewhere...

I figured it out and it was my mistake. I used gzipped files and so when I installed the new ones, the old files were not overwritten.

Found a bug maybe.

Kilaran Fields 135,57 I was shooting arrows at the chimmie with the stockade between us. He moved close enough to the stockade to get within auto attack range. I kept getting the message that I was in combat. I could not move or use a diss ring. I had to log off/log on to be able to do anything. I will try to repeat it and take a screenshot.

Found a bug maybe.

Kilaran Fields 135,57 I was shooting arrows at the chimmie with the stockade between us. He moved close enough to the stockade to get within auto attack range. I kept getting the message that I was in combat. I could not move or use a diss ring. I had to log off/log on to be able to do anything. I will try to repeat it and take a screenshot.

Yes, we found this out about ~2 days ago, and have been trying to fix/reproduce it since, with no luck.

Minor thing: you can't sit down when in aim mode.

"Sitting" with a bow would be getting down to one knee. Actually sitting would require turning the bow horizontal like a crossbow, but it is harder to fire a bow that way. Sitting with a crossbow should be no problem.

Also, if the bow is two big (relative to the character, you won't be able to get down to one knee with the bow staying vertical since the bow can't touch the ground and fire properly.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Next time it happens, take a screenshot pls.

Did you want a screenshot of the weapon bug? Or the can't move bug? lol.. I got confused. :P

(I'll try to provide both, although reproducing the stuck bug is hard, weapon one sounds easy enough.)

#Edit - Ok, thanks for telling me it's been updated.

Edited by Superman

Did you want a screenshot of the weapon bug? Or the can't move bug? lol.. I got confused. :P

(I'll try to provide both, although reproducing the stuck bug is hard, weapon one sounds easy enough.)

The weapon bug is fixed on the CVS.

The weapon bug is fixed on the CVS.

Ok, thats good to know.

I'll go about the 'Not being able to move bug' see if I can reproduce that easy enough.. I'm on test server, if someone would like to come help me. (I'll update this post with any news/screenshots I find.)

#Edit - Can't seem to be able to reproduce it, when you read this again Ent, could you do another big session on the test server? I need some help, I can't seem to do it on my own.. Thanks.

Edited by Superman

Found a bug maybe.

Yes, we found this out about ~2 days ago, and have been trying to fix/reproduce it since, with no luck.

I had a similar in Bethel, where the path leads out into the water. The chim was trying to attack - but kept walking into the water and getting moved back. It seemed as if the Chim was auto-attacking - yet could not walk the route to attack me. Likewise, I could not flee, move, nor use a diss ring.

I have been trying to repeat this for ages - but not been successful.

I got out by putting on MM the chim lost interest and wandered away.

If unrelated, please ignore.

Minor thing: you can't sit down when in aim mode.

"Sitting" with a bow would be getting down to one knee. Actually sitting would require turning the bow horizontal like a crossbow, but it is harder to fire a bow that way. Sitting with a crossbow should be no problem.

Also, if the bow is two big (relative to the character, you won't be able to get down to one knee with the bow staying vertical since the bow can't touch the ground and fire properly.

Nice ideas, but what I meant was just

"if sitting, get up, then aim"

:P

That's kind of hard to do because of some precise timing needed. Besides, in 99% of the situations where you would use the bow, you won't be sitting anyway.

I had this issue when I removed my crossbow to switch to bow. As soon as I removed the crossbow from equipment to place in inventory, all text on the screen switched to bitmaps. Freshly updated linux cvs today. This was after a few levels and switching back and forth many times.

gallery_12356_21_31547.jpg

Have you removed your crossbow while you were aiming or in standard idle?

If you can reproduce it, please tell what you did exactly...