Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New client patch!

I don't know if it is related, but with new client I cannot use F2 to catch all links:/

Could you explain the problem in more detail please. Do the links show up in the URL window (CTRL+F2)? Have you configured your browser properly? Go to options->misc and make sure your browser setting is correct.

Before I started using the patched client all worked fine. After it I see links in URL window, but pressing F2 doesn't work. I've checked the configuration and reconfigurated it to firefox again. Also, checked my firewall as it might have been the source of problem - it wasn't. Right now, pressed F2 does nothing.

Before I started using the patched client all worked fine. After it I see links in URL window, but pressing F2 doesn't work. I've checked the configuration and reconfigurated it to firefox again. Also, checked my firewall as it might have been the source of problem - it wasn't. Right now, pressed F2 does nothing.

Can you open URLs by clicking on then in the URL window? Do you get any error messages in the error_log.txt file?

The only URL related change since the 1.50 release was for Linux and, because of conditional compile, does not effect the windows version.

Edited by bluap

I crashed once last night doing nothing but walking around SRM, sound and eye candy were disabled.

Crashed again 2 times last night doing same exact thing, walking around SRM, no eye candy, no sound. I was on for many hours yesterday and had no other issues.

Crashed again 2 times last night doing same exact thing, walking around SRM, no eye candy, no sound. I was on for many hours yesterday and had no other issues.

Where were you in SRM. Was it raining? Was it on a map change (or entering/leaving a building). Had you changed screen resolution or toggled full screen that session? Were you fighting or could you see others fighting? Any extra information might help.

Edited by bluap

I am running Windows Vista. I don't know if it's my config, but the el_patch executable always asks for the Windows admin password before executing, and runs with another config folder (the one from the admin account) than my normal one. The unpatched el executable (in same folder, has same permissions etc) has no such behaviour.

seems to work fine. only thing is that some trees appear white, not to sure if this is for xmas tho.

Next time it happens, screenshots pls.

Hi! here's a screenshot, with my video card stats and all.

OS - WinXP

Video card: GeForce 7100 GS/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0.3

Forceware version - 93.81

elscreen050no9.th.png

does it have something to do with my vid card?

I am running Windows Vista. I don't know if it's my config, but the el_patch executable always asks for the Windows admin password before executing, and runs with another config folder (the one from the admin account) than my normal one. The unpatched el executable (in same folder, has same permissions etc) has no such behaviour.

I think you will have to ask Bill about that, I have absolutely no idea why it is happening.

Any chance of getting this as a versioned release (preferably tagged in cvs)? I'm now maintaining this in gentoo and right now I'm still pointing to the original 1.5.0 release since there is nothing else that is newer yet versioned (I'm not sure that you would want lots of users running live cvs clients in production, and it would probably be a support nightmare in any case).

Just change the name of the exe and remove the word 'patch' in it. All files that have the name of 'install', 'patch' and some other words in it need admin rights to run.

Just change the name of the exe and remove the word 'patch' in it. All files that have the name of 'install', 'patch' and some other words in it need admin rights to run.

What! That's absurd! Is that part of the so called improved security in vista? I'll crawl back under my Linux loving windows free rock now...

What! That's absurd! Is that part of the so called improved security in vista? I'll crawl back under my Linux loving windows free rock now...

Yes lol, it's real. I didn't believe it myself first when I saw this on some blog I visited while google'ing for some other problems. And vista users can see it easily: Name the file 'patch' and you will see the windows shield (or w/e it is), rename it to EL and the shield will dissapear :happy:

Edited by Cycloonx

Yes, please.

Any chance of getting this as a versioned release (preferably tagged in cvs)? I'm now maintaining this in gentoo and right now I'm still pointing to the original 1.5.0 release since there is nothing else that is newer yet versioned (I'm not sure that you would want lots of users running live cvs clients in production, and it would probably be a support nightmare in any case).

Well, this is still work in progress, and I don't think it would be a good idea to tag it yet. There are still quite a few bugs left.

Ok ;) Here is:

Video card: GeForce Go 7300/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0.1

Supported extensions: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXTX_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_clear_tag GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_HP_occlusion_test GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

Where were you in SRM. Was it raining? Was it on a map change (or entering/leaving a building). Had you changed screen resolution or toggled full screen that session? Were you fighting or could you see others fighting? Any extra information might help.

Not raining, not entering or leaving a building. No change of screen resolution or toggling screen size. All three crashes I was outside, first time in the vicinity of the old cotton field, and the other two in the vicinity of the front of storage. I may not have actually been moving at time of 2 of the crashes but was rotating the camera view around to look what was around me. There was another player standing next to me during all three crashes.

Also, don't know if any of the following matter but the only other things I remember that all crashes had in common were the following:

1) I was wearing higher level armor then I normally do - was trying on friend's full steel plate 1st and other 2 times was wearing newly acquired full iron plate. (First time since playing game that I had such high level stuff on for more then a few minutes.)

2) All crashes happened approximately the same time of day on two seperate nights - around midnight EST (East Coast USA).

That did it. Sorry about that. Lol what a great way of enforcing admin-rights executables in Vista !!

I still have some crashes when i turn the sound/music on... I almost died to a cyc :P

Is that with sound & music installed and working (apart from crashes)?

Not raining, not entering or leaving a building.....

Thanks for the extra details...

Yes, music and sound are installed and playing until it eventually crashes

Does the crash only happen while fighting?

Yes at the moment; before the patch i had crashes when fighting, walking, harvesting... but now just when fighting

Are you casting any spells during the fights? Do you have eye candy on? Does it make a difference if you turn eye candy off?