Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Real Life Imitating EL

Look at the town NW of Dunchurch, and the lake SE of it. :)

ws.png

Used to do a lot of fishing up that way. I was disappointed though. Honey harbour had no honeys; just retirees :icon13:

this summer, RotationZ and I went to Croatia, and we saw 2 italian cars parked right next to eachother, giving out a secret message through their license plates.. something about Crystal Caverns 0,61 Eternal Lands, and a story about a Death Bag @ 8,22 in Tarsengaard

spa1083qx0.th.jpgspa1081si0.th.jpg

I passed this place on a roadtrip last summer, but wasn't fast enough with my camera, so here's a map:

picture1ar7.png

At least we know where they come from now.

Ok, apparently I was fast enough with my camera. >.<

gruesym3.jpg

Another one from google maps:

I made special picasa album for my EL screenshot, and under it i have another directory called "Guild PL" where i keep my guild shots. One day I;ve noticed the "location" map under it. I zoomed it in, and now I know where Guild PL is :devlish:

In Australia! ;D

australia.jpg

While this is no picture, I have a funny story.

In chemistry today I had to do a lab involving chemical bonds and reactions.

One of the tests required Cl (chlorate [correct me if i'm wrong, i am no science major])with a piece of Fe (Iron).

Now I was reading all this off to my lab partner and instead of telling her to get a piece of iron, I told her to get me a Fire Essence.

She gave me the weirdest look, so I TRIED to correct myself, but it couldn't happen. I was so embarrassed by myself for the fact that Real Life was Imitating EL on me and I couldn't correct myself at all!

I knew that Fe stood for Iron, but my geeky EL side was screaming FIRE ESSENCE!

so, yeh...lol, was an interesting day. :cry:

Just one more google-maps post. :cry:

I would have taken the photos but this n(ever)afk situation is becoming a problem.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=18&om=0

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=18&om=0

Broken Hill is otherwise known as the "Silver City" - but no, no labrats :cry:

While this is no picture, I have a funny story.

In chemistry today I had to do a lab involving chemical bonds and reactions.

One of the tests required Cl (chlorate [correct me if i'm wrong, i am no science major])with a piece of Fe (Iron).

Now I was reading all this off to my lab partner and instead of telling her to get a piece of iron, I told her to get me a Fire Essence.

She gave me the weirdest look, so I TRIED to correct myself, but it couldn't happen. I was so embarrassed by myself for the fact that Real Life was Imitating EL on me and I couldn't correct myself at all!

I knew that Fe stood for Iron, but my geeky EL side was screaming FIRE ESSENCE!

so, yeh...lol, was an interesting day. :icon13:

LOL!

I've done that many times before, too. Especially when working out the GFM of a compound containing Iron. We've just finished studying redox/reduction and our teacher has a habit of saying 'Can anyone explain to me what this F.E +2e-' stands for lol.

Oh, and btw, Cl just a 'Chlorine'. You might have been thinking about salts when you said 'chloride'.

edit: Oh gosh, I don't feel well AT ALL today. Forgot to put in the negative electron charge.

Edited by Aphistolas