Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lorck

A boost for some positive perks

Self destruction, 5 pps and 130gc: when you die, every opponent fighting you take 10-15 damage.
10-15 damage this days is almost nothing sadly. I would suggest increasing it to at least 100 of damage to worth something.
I glow in the dark, 7 pps and 250gc: each time you hit an opponent it takes 5 additional radiation damage
Most armor nowadays have protection against radiation damage, so in pk its almost useless. In addition, its a bad thing to hit monsters for more damage.

My suggestion would be: make the 5 of damage regardless of armor, or increase the bonus damage offered by the perk. Also, mosters with radiation resistance would be interesting, to make this perk viable. :)

Well, it would be useful for something. Nowadays is not even fun for alts. Oh, in a side note, fighter bots should have imunity against that kind of damage, if it have damage increase, else would not be difficult to kill them with mana drain.

Possibly 50-100% of the OA of the person who died? I like the idea of linking it to some stat or attribute of the player who takes it, but I don't think it should require even more PP to be useful

Scaling certain perk effects to OA would work, but for balance would have to apply to negative and positive effects -- ie, negative effects get worse, you deteriorate as time goes by.

Any perk whose effects relate to qualities increasable through pick points would be suitable for this change, as this would address the advancing population.

See "Positive perks" thread for previous discussion of this.

Edited by trollson

Scaling certain perk effects to OA would work, but for balance would have to apply to negative and positive effects -- ie, negative effects get worse, you deteriorate as time goes by.

Any perk whose effects relate to qualities increasable through pick points would be suitable for this change, as this would address the advancing population.

See "Positive perks" thread for previous discussion of this.

Interesting idea, would this work with capes? I currently have 80 OA, would wearing an FR cape give me 5 hp/5 ep per minute? And what about the chance based perks, would someone with 140 OA+ get Criticals 40% of the time with BP? If so it might be worth it to them, even though 7 pp at that lvl is an insane amount of exp.

As for "I glow in the dark" didn't Ent just raise it not so long ago?

edit: ok, oct 12, 2006 isn't that recent :fire: but he did already raise it once, it was three before that IIRC

--Duck2

Edited by Duck2

On OA affecting perk effects:

Interesting idea, would this work with capes?

I don't think the perk effect given by a cape should be affected by OA; they could have their own "effective OA" for the purpose of the effect.

Taking a perk is a definite choice by a player; spending valuable pick points. Capes can be bought & borrowed, and just used when required; this does not represent the same degree of commitment.

Interestingly side note on this: Since you cannot wear a cape if you have taken the perk, then taking a perk at a lower OA than its cape would put you at a disadvantage. But taking a perk later in life requires more determination as new pick points become scarcer. Could be a good game element.

As for chance based perks: Linking perk effect to OA is suggested as a means to have these effects follow the increasing levels of your peer population; so the perk remains relevant to both a group of beginners and to a group of the highest levels. Chance based perks don't need this modification; a 40% chance remains as relevant to high levels as it did to low levels. In the case of critical attacks, for example, the damage done by the critical will already have been increased in line with the character levels.

Edited by trollson

The I glow in the dark perk actually does 5 GUARANTEED damage to all the opponents. I think it's pretty cool, but of course it's inconvenient for PvPing.

Glow in the dark is good for fighting phantoms with as you are guaranteed to kill them after 12 rounds of combat. Of course they also have self destruct so it will always deal you damage. As they drop decent money I considered the viability of a Ghostbuster character role.