Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Theladin

Question about stocking a new bot

The Bards Guild is preparing to purchase a trade bot but I have a question about stocking the bot. When I create the character that will become the bot our guild members want to donate gold and items to the bot so it has some starting funds and stuff to sell. However, I'm afraid that if I make a donation to the bot that it would be considered illegal multi playing since I'd have to transfer the stuff to a guild member from my character and then log in with the bot character to accept that donation from that guild member. What are the rules concerning getting a bot equipped for the first time. I don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to so I figure I'd better ask first before I do anything that's considered unacceptable.

-[Theladin

Until the bot is officially accepted and in place, do not multiplay or middleman trade.

When the bot is in place do not storage trade with it, only trade in its assigned location.

Many people will ask "can you move the bot to storage and I will buy all your {insert item name here}" - do not do that as it is muling and you face the bot being locked.

The safest thing to do is have the bot in one position and never move from the assigned position for any reason. I know you can do two trips a week to storage to stock up, but you won't be able to gain any benefit from storing items, and you can only have so much in storage from before the bot was accepted.

Just stuff I have learned with my bots.

Thanks for the info. However, I'm only concerned with the initial stocking of the bot. A trade bot with no money and no stuff doesn't make a very good bot :icon13: How do I get the bot stocked in the very beginning? Do I need to play it as a normal character and earn the gold and get the items it needs to start doing business or is it permitted (only 1 time) to stock it with items and gold from the other players in the guild (including myself, which concerns me the most since that would be multi-playing)

Thanks for the info. However, I'm only concerned with the initial stocking of the bot. A trade bot with no money and no stuff doesn't make a very good bot :icon13: How do I get the bot stocked in the very beginning? Do I need to play it as a normal character and earn the gold and get the items it needs to start doing business or is it permitted (only 1 time) to stock it with items and gold from the other players in the guild (including myself, which concerns me the most since that would be multi-playing)

Many bots have privildged commands that allow some players to add or remove items/gold without the bot paying or demanding payment. Not only is this ised for the initial stcking but g=for getting your profits off of the bot as well as restocking.

Wonderful. Well, Learner, since you're the person who will be making our bot (I think you talked to Ramike or one of my other guild members about it already), will ours have this capability?

BTW, I should be ready next week to paypal you and EL the money for the fees :icon13:

Wonderful. Well, Learner, since you're the person who will be making our bot (I think you talked to Ramike or one of my other guild members about it already), will ours have this capability?

BTW, I should be ready next week to paypal you and EL the money for the fees :icon13:

Yes, my bots is one of the many that have this sort of feature, because otherwise they would be very hard to use.

When the bot is in place do not storage trade with it, only trade in its assigned location.

Many people will ask "can you move the bot to storage and I will buy all your {insert item name here}" - do not do that as it is muling and you face the bot being locked.

The safest thing to do is have the bot in one position and never move from the assigned position for any reason. I know you can do two trips a week to storage to stock up, but you won't be able to gain any benefit from storing items, and you can only have so much in storage from before the bot was accepted.

Just stuff I have learned with my bots.

uhh are you sure? As I understood the rules, bot and main charactr of the same owner ARE allowed to trade same IP because the bot is well, a bot. And the bot is allowed frequent trips to storage. I believed a trip to storage means you are also allowed to storage trade with your own character. If not, can this be clarified in the rules?

Edited by sithicus

Trade bots definitely can NOT storage trade. Definitely. Most assuredly. They can't.

Clarification: Muling, ingame rule 5. Bots need to obey both bot rules and player rules.

And the bot is allowed frequent trips to storage.

No.

Some bot exceptions:[/u]

Adarah is allowed 3 trips/week to restock with wine.

Nera is allowed 3 trips/week to restock with thread and leather.

Those are EXCEPTIONS from the rule, because their owners contributed to the game.

All paid bots are allowed to go to the storage 2 times/week.

Yes, no storage trades for the bots. The bot owners can trade with the bot to add or remove items, otherwise there would be no point in having a bot.

And no storage trades with the bot. The bot can go two times a week to the storage to resupply, but no trades while there.

Im still newbie in game (playing EL only one year) and as bot coadmin im rookie. :icon13:

Please explain me in which way i can resuply my bot in storage without trade while bot have nothing in storage? How i can initialy put some stuff to bot storage?

You will have to load your bot by trading stuff to it at it's designated trading location. You will probably not keep a lot of stuff in the bot's storage since the bot is not allowed to go to/from storage very often. Items in the bot's storage will not be conveniently accessible to use to resupply the bot. I am not finding this a major problem - any time I notice my bot needs some items I go to my bot's trading location and load the new items in. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 trips to unload stuff she has bought for me.

Edited by Puntif