Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
griever572

okay...its time for some new.....

I know we have all heard it before...the desire for some new quests. its been a long time since there were some new ones. the rewards dont even have to be amazing, just enough so that you can enjoy doing the quest =) For anyone who agrees or has ideas for new quests, please post here!

Maybe you should come up with some ideas, i dont see use for new quests in EL, cuz they are dead boring, and just mean walking from a to b.

then u dont have to do them :) and others who like to do quests can.

mabey a quest (somewhat difficult) that allows u to access C2 rather than just anyone in game can get there. ent said he wants to encourage ppl to go to the 2nd continent, not keep it a secret. so a quest that gives u clues and helps u find it would be good

We have new quests that are waiting to be coded, and are continuously making new ones. The problem is getting them coded and ingame, that takes a VERY long time. Especially with a lack of coders. Any volunteers? :)

We are also in the processing of implementing a new quest format. As soon as it is in place and when we have a load of coders, then you will have more quests.

mabey a quest (somewhat difficult) that allows u to access C2 rather than just anyone in game can get there. ent said he wants to encourage ppl to go to the 2nd continent, not keep it a secret. so a quest that gives u clues and helps u find it would be good

perhaps a quest in which you are givin a hint about C2 and finding it, but in my oppinion i think finding it should still be your job to solve and discover...

The problem is getting them coded and ingame

id love to help if i could, but i just cant wrap my head around C#/C++

i seem to be stuck in VB for life :)

Edited by 1st Warrior

cuz they are dead boring, and just mean walking from a to b.

and how is that diffrent from those found in say wow?

and are the quests hardcoded into he server code, or some kind of script files that the server reads?

maybe make some quests that give you access to other things, like for example you gotta do a quest to go to c2 or such. also could make group quests, like you gotta go into an arena with friends and kill 10 giants (or lower challenges for smaller rewards)) and then you get +2 exp on everything, find some special key (or monster drop), then you go to area that has lots of high level monsters that ignore MM and you can get a treasure of 25k gc or so. I realize these gotta be coded, but it would make the game a lot more fun then the: talk to tankel, talk to the other lady, talk to kelcha, etc.

Edited by Atlantis

Typical quest of MMORPG:

Go to A, go to B, do task of B (kill some critters), bring bodies to B, B tells you to go C, go to C, do task of C, bring loot to C, take reward of C (item), bring it to A, take reward of A (exp/stuff).

Is there anything different in quests of EL?

Typical quest of MMORPG:

Go to A, go to B, do task of B (kill some critters), bring bodies to B, B tells you to go C, go to C, do task of C, bring loot to C, take reward of C (item), bring it to A, take reward of A (exp/stuff).

Is there anything different in quests of EL?

Maybe try wow mkay

Well, I wrote the script for a rather unconventional quest, if people are interested. Trying to avoid the typical quest type described by ville, I decided to make it one that involves a high level of risk, the ability to make wrong choices that permanently ruin your ability to do the quest, the ability to betray the person you're doing the quest for, and most importantly, the issue of difficult personal choices that can lead to great rewards but huge consequences.

Quest name: Betrayal

General description (kept vague so as not to include spoilers):

In the frozen wastes of a dangerous C2 map, one encounters Anastik, a graying, bitter old man with a dead eye, clad in furs in a little hut. If you're not in a guild, he could care less about you; if you are, however, he's enraged with you -- furious, it turns out, with your guild leader. By carefully navigating the conversation so as not to get arctic chims or worse summoned against you, you can entice him with the notion that you'll betray your own guild. He reveals the bargain that he made with Mortos to forment his revenge, and promises you great wealth if you'll return him the head of your guild leader -- not just by killing the guild leader, but by using a special, fragile sword called Hellbrand that will temporarily give its victim the "Hellspawn" perk (for a week or two) if it kills them (breaking shortly thereafter). If you accept, your guild leader sees the message, "You have a feeling of great unease...". If you follow through with the quest, the sword breaks when it kills its victim, you're automatically kicked out of your guild and prevented from rejoining, and you can return to Anastik to get a very sizable reward (I was thinking one of the crowns -- to entice people to commit such a betrayal, when they're strong enough to get to a remote place, it would have to be big). However, there is another option... a way to backstab Anastik, so to speak :ph34r:

If there's interest, I can send the whole quest script.

Edited by KarenRei