Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Bone of death

Lorck - speaking in defense of a guildmate - "at recommended level" doesn't equal "against all odds". I happen to know that ttlanhil was training manu recently, because he wanted to be able to make tit torsos with Glilin's blessing - his training almost unnerved me for a specific situation, but when he did finally make a tit torso, he was 1 level over the recommended level, with blessing.

If you take smaller samplings, you will find more skewed results; if you takke larger samplings, you will notice that the chance does happen. Maybe next time consider how many hits he takes without getting the +150 shot before or after he gets the 4x150 shots in a row, or count in other people fighting with BoDs... It's the same thing as the people who wonder how one person can make 3 EFE in 1k FE, and others who make 10k FE, and no EFEs. Or, also, the person who makes a few armors at recommended level, and by chance, succeeds. It's the random chance.

I know, but on EL its happening too much arnieman. I agree that making at recommended lvl + bless is not against all odds.

But making 8 times in a row at recommended lvl (when the recommended is on 60's of manuf) without failing any is bellow 1% of chance, you may agree.

It was not an attack on ttlanhil, btw, i only found funny that some "luck" stuff happening lately. :P For instance Zamirah this days found a rostogol on hydro ore, can you have more luck than that? :whistle:

heh - due to the nature of H-ore, that's actually one place I don't want to see stones... then again, I've gotten 2 Binding stones out of the ore, on the many trips I've been on - it's almost suicide to get a harv stop there. :D

I didn't think you were attacking, but I just felt it needed a bit more of an explanation than "against all odds" - against all odds would be if I got my 0 manu alt. to make a tit plate :P

Still, as unlikely as 8 torsos made at recommended level without failures may seem, that's still a small sample. Also, not to burst ttl's pride here, but they weren't all done at once. :P (I was one of 3 people running to the H ore for him to make the armor.)

Look at the logs. That wasn't 4 hits of 150 directly in a row. Given they're pretty damn close together, it is NOT a sequential 4 150 hits. And no one even claimed it to be so until crusading came out with that percentage. It's rare, sure, but it happens. What's the point of crying about it? I say crying because this was posted in general chat, for people to look at and feel sorry for you. If you thought it was an error then you would have posted in bugs, as a question not a statement.

Look at the logs. That wasn't 4 hits of 150 directly in a row. Given they're pretty damn close together, it is NOT a sequential 4 150 hits. And no one even claimed it to be so until crusading came out with that percentage. It's rare, sure, but it happens. What's the point of crying about it? I say crying because this was posted in general chat, for people to look at and feel sorry for you. If you thought it was an error then you would have posted in bugs, as a question not a statement.

i didn't die so why would i post to make ppl feel sorry for me? :D

firstly you don't deal with this kind of weapons and dunno anything about pk so su

secondly it's posted in general chat cuz it ain't a bug it's just that the % is too high and it's too powerfull

plx think before you post kk ty

As for the bots. come play. the corpus exploits dont work. have a nice death trying.

Hell, tell me when yuor doing it, so we can sit passed him and watch, from an alternate combat zone.

Perhaps I should ask the dev if they can implement popcornn.

rofl Lorck, owned. :D

And, LMFAO at 4 hits, roflol.. That beats me when I got Atilla & Atmosfear.. ROFL :P :P :D :D

The onlt exception is if you try to crash the bot then somone will come on as it. No crash exploits are knowen though, unlike corpus's.

None on corpus either. The last thing that took her down was an attempt to modify her configuration which messed up the separators in her configuration file.

If i can pwn Corpus which is programmed right, why not some buggy bots.

I suspect their cave is built properly, unlike ours. :D

Look at the logs. That wasn't 4 hits of 150 directly in a row. Given they're pretty damn close together, it is NOT a sequential 4 150 hits. And no one even claimed it to be so until crusading came out with that percentage. It's rare, sure, but it happens. What's the point of crying about it?

And I only came up with the percentage to show that even an extreme case which didn't happen was still very possible. BTW, given the odds, four in a row will happen sometime anyway, so we can look forward to another topic sometime in the future.

Edited by crusadingknight

I almost killed Corpus with Mirror cape. :D I think she restored on 31hp.

If i can pwn Corpus which is programmed right, why not some buggy bots.

I suspect their cave is built properly, unlike ours. :D

LOL, good good. I will study their map for weakness on the map editor later. :P I did the same on *co* cave, btw, for wtf is that the stuff near the pool on *CO* cave? Just for me to stay there and harm/mana drain corpus? :P

I almost killed Corpus with Mirror cape. wink.gif I think she restored on 31hp.

Because you cheated and exploited a bug, after getting stats reducion you could not take damage (for whatever reason...). And you gone there and pwned corpus, and you come here to talk about that, rofl.

Just for me to stay there and harm/mana drain corpus? :D

I think so. MikeH liked cool stuff over useful stuff. In any case, corpus is set up to stay where she can protect people now, and avoid the pool.

Edited by crusadingknight

i didn't die so why would i post to make ppl feel sorry for me? :omg:

firstly you don't deal with this kind of weapons and dunno anything about pk so su

secondly it's posted in general chat cuz it ain't a bug it's just that the % is too high and it's too powerfull

plx think before you post kk ty

You're right hc, I know nothing about probabilities, how to pk, or the fact that it takes an extensive amount of time to train a character into the 100's a/d :omg:

You stated yourself in the post that you don't think it's 6%, not that you think 6% is to high. That's a bug. If something claims to be one thing in game and is another. Bug... error... can I make it any clearer?

I didn't mean for my post to be a flame, but it is annoying me that recently it seems the vast majority of posts complaining about something is coming from the supposed "evul pkers".

I have nothing against the fighting population, it's a part of the game, a damn important one.

ps. don't make judgements on what I do and do not know, take your own advice and think before you post.

w/e it was late so i made a mistake.. meant that 6% is a bit too much.

note that this ain't the first time it has hit so much in a row, seen it alot before (not 4 times but mostly 2 times in a row)

yup, i remember liq hit atmos for a double hit within like 1 second so he died, then hit me once, i restored, and immediately after 2 more hits :/

5 hits within like 5 seconds = WTF

heh - due to the nature of H-ore, that's actually one place I don't want to see stones... then again, I've gotten 2 Binding stones out of the ore, on the many trips I've been on - it's almost suicide to get a harv stop there. :(

I didn't think you were attacking, but I just felt it needed a bit more of an explanation than "against all odds" - against all odds would be if I got my 0 manu alt. to make a tit plate :D

Still, as unlikely as 8 torsos made at recommended level without failures may seem, that's still a small sample. Also, not to burst ttl's pride here, but they weren't all done at once. :P (I was one of 3 people running to the H ore for him to make the armor.)

enough. you clearly stated in your previous posts you could take down our guardbots

do it or stfu.

you said you coulf... were all watching.....pfovve it.....

( I will naturally post any related bot log)

Edit:oops, meant to quote Lorck

Edited by the_antiroot

You quoted the wrong post Antiroot. :(

I will attack the guard bots. When i will do it? I will not tell you because i fear that someone will play control like *co* did before.

You promise that you will not do it? I dont care neither i believe on you. Now calm down, be polite, i probably will die on the attempt, but if i suceed it will be a memorable achievement. And every member of JusT pked by me (including the bots, if i kill them) is on revenge of the *many* things wrong that JusT did.

And finally, i need to have good emu for summoning some rabbits and carry many srs and essences to pwn the bot. But i will do it, i usually dont lie (like its a fashion on your guild, to lie a lot) and i will keep my promise and i will attack the bot.

Edited by Lorck

Yup.

EDIT: Pretty hard to pk two bots who stand togheter (i dont ever studied their map, where the bots stands, etc), even more if there are not in a suitable place to fight.

If me or a group of players kill them find a place on the legends of EL. :(

Btw, i remember some FUBR members saying that they would attack me while training and i said i would attack back. They say that "we train on segv map, good luck on that". I need to stop thinking about JusT, every time i do i find more and more reasons to crush them.

Edited by Lorck

It is a shame that you class all of JusT wrongly, that would be like us classing all of your guild by your actions. I dont lie, alot of JusT are good people and do not lie. 1/2 the people you have issues with are not even in JusT anymore so your bitterness is misplaced. I hope you can see grudges are counterproductive. But then in any game we need fighters as well as peacefully players to make it well rounded.

Enjoy, that is the bottom line.

~Sandcastle

I logged on the test server, to study the segv map... :)

Rofl, one of the point in which one of the bots stand you cant use magic... i did not even knew that there are such places on EL.. Anyway, without using spells the only way would be a newbie created with the self destruction perk and let it suicide enough to kill the bot, but that way the bot can leave the area restore and come back...

Its indeed impossible to kill that bot, since he can run to a safe place if he got low hp, he can damage you and you cant damage him. Remember me the folks who train on protected maps, like *co*, they can attack you while pvp and you can retribute the favour. I will probably go naked there to die for the bot and said that i fulfilled my promise.

And to reply to Sandcastle, i dont care, simply as that. When i was in =Hc= people on JusT, including antiroot, said that i got no honor, even without doing stuff dishonorable (and i only attacked a few selected personal enemies on hc, no i dont attacked newbies, even when i was encouraged by my guild mates do to that). If you disagree with this kind of behavior, talk to your own guild mates first.

And yes, almost all people from JusT who i talked with me lied to, plainly that.

I know your taking about something else now but:

I think it was just a lucky coninsedence that two people did 150 twice in a row, if he hasn't happened again recently then what i said is proberly right... but if it has something might be wrong...

Because you cheated and exploited a bug, after getting stats reducion you could not take damage (for whatever reason...). And you gone there and pwned corpus, and you come here to talk about that, rofl.

I found the bug, and tested.. Not exploited.. Don attacked me though \o/

yup, i remember liq hit atmos for a double hit within like 1 second so he died, then hit me once, i restored, and immediately after 2 more hits :/

I hit Dushan 2/3 times with Bod too. :icon13:

I found the bug, and tested.. Not exploited.. Don attacked me though \o/

I hit Dushan 2/3 times with Bod too. :)

u r very lucky \o/