Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sistema

5 GHz Project

Hiya,

Look what I stumbled upon. A 5.25 GHz CPU with Liquid Nitrogen cooling??! :icon13:

Some of you may have seen better (I am soo gonna get pwnd on this thread). But gosh... any idea how much the liquid nitrogen would cost? ;)

I've read that it wasn't stable at that speed (duh! :icon13:), but they said it worked perfectly fine at 4700 MHz.

Oh yeah, here are the specs of the system:

Intel Pentium 4.

Asus P4C800-E

MSI GeForce FX5950 Ultra

Corsair DDR550 Pro Series

Promise SATA-150 RAID 0

Asetek Vapochill

Heatsink temp: -196 C

Chipset temp: -39 C

FSB Clock: 309 MHz

System Bus: 1237 MHz

Memory Clock: 206 MHz

CPU Core Voltage: 1.88V

Here's the video so you can see for yourself.

The site wanted registration to view the video, so I googled it and found a link:

Teh Video. Although it's DivX. And damn nice music as well!! :D

Anyways, read more about it here.

Cheers!

- Sistema.

Hey it'c cooled by me ;)

Anyways.. lol, nice PC :icon13:

if they can reach a super super cold tempreture they could have supraconductors so a faster speed even !! but 5gHz super fast already but i'm wondering if 2*3ghz proc would still be faster ¯_¯

I suppose I could google for this but I won't, it is theoretical..

What sort of clock speeds could be done if the PC was in the vacuum of space? Space is at as near as you can get to absolute zero so as to be not worth working out the difference, so you wouldn't even need a heatsink..

The only problems I could foresee would be the extension lead from your bedroom would need to be like 500 miles long, and getting 15-core cable gold plated cable for the monitor would cost more than your house, and probably more than the Queen's too :wub:

I envisage more than one spouse has considered blasting their partner's PC into orbit, so some money could be saved there :dry:

Anyway I digress.

Paint the thing with nice shiny chrome to reflect the sun's rays.

Oh and you'd need a rather steady hand to poke the reset button with a stick, and maybe an observatory to actually see the reset button.

"Windows XP needs to be restarted because Microsoft installed an update from Bill Gates's personal satellite as your system has had an uptime of more that 38 minutes."

What sort of clock speeds could be done if the PC was in the vacuum of space? Space is at as near as you can get to absolute zero so as to be not worth working out the difference, so you wouldn't even need a heatsink..

The only problems I could foresee would be the extension lead from your bedroom would need to be like 500 miles long, and getting 15-core cable gold plated cable for the monitor would cost more than your house, and probably more than the Queen's too :dry:

I envisage more than one spouse has considered blasting their partner's PC into orbit, so some money could be saved there :omg:

Anyway I digress.

Oh and you'd need a rather steady hand to poke the reset button with a stick, and maybe an observatory to actually see the reset button.

"Windows XP needs to be restarted because Microsoft installed an update from Bill Gates's personal satellite as your system has had an uptime of more that 38 minutes."

u don't need to be in space to reach a tempreture near the absolute 0 but i think, regarding the technology we got, would be too expensive :wub: maybe in 10-20 years ?? :huh:

space is cold, true... but it's also a wonderful insulator (vacuum thermos, anyone?) since there's no matter to conduct thermal energy (though it can still radiate heat)

Neither - it is a scientifically proven* fact that Windows goes into terminal meltdown after 37 minutes, and due to the preemptive multitasking features it takes another minute for the POS OS to realise that it has broken irreparably, thus causing a CPU reset.

*My mate's mother's dog's cousin (which may or may not have sent a load of obscene PMs and spammed beam) said that he knew this cat that ate this pigeon, and the pigeon told the cat in its final death throes about the time he was flying past this computer superstore at 9:38 AM and saw all the PCs crash at once.

The only problems I could foresee would be the extension lead from your bedroom would need to be like 500 miles long, and getting 15-core cable gold plated cable for the monitor would cost more than your house, and probably more than the Queen's too :(

I envisage more than one spouse has considered blasting their partner's PC into orbit, so some money could be saved there :P

Anyway I digress.

u don't need to be in space to reach a tempreture near the absolute 0 but i think, regarding the technology we got, would be too expensive :P maybe in 10-20 years ?? :)

could be the northpole too? xD

The only problems I could foresee would be the extension lead from your bedroom would need to be like 500 miles long, and getting 15-core cable gold plated cable for the monitor would cost more than your house, and probably more than the Queen's too :D

I envisage more than one spouse has considered blasting their partner's PC into orbit, so some money could be saved there :)

Anyway I digress.

u don't need to be in space to reach a tempreture near the absolute 0 but i think, regarding the technology we got, would be too expensive :o maybe in 10-20 years ?? :)

could be the northpole too? xD

lolz, not cold enough i fear :/ only 273 kelvins... (we would need 0 kelvins aprox ;X)

5Ghz is a waste of money, no programs you use frequently need 5ghz ;) Even games need max 2ghz or something a like, better go for a nice gfx card or some memory :wub: