Eternal Lands Official Forums
sTroker

Random days...

You are bitching as if the fasting day happens every other day.

In reality, it is a rare event, maybe 6 hours each real life month (depending on the luck and stuff). And it is overcompensated by other days, such as the more exp day, the no knowledge day, the reconstruction day, and so on.

One day I will make an utopic server, and ban all the bitchers from the main server, and force them to go and play exclusively on the utopic server, and see if they like it. Obviously, in case they don't like it, and want to play on the normal server, this will be done via a nominal fee of 100 USD ;)

People were asking Entropy to fix the economy, I think this day is awesome for that, nobody could manu anything, they had to buy stuff, cleaning up some of the excess out of the Market.

The guild I am in bought a total of 140 titanium bars and 10 efe's. The bars we could have manu ourselves, but with the day of fasting we bought them from the market.

How about you get banned?

I've done something to deserve getting banned? I came here and posted about something I really don't like, just like a lot of people do. I know you made light of it in your last post, but I can't find much humor in this.

I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. The topic has shifted from my initial post to just focusing on this one day. This day is one I don't like, and I listed a few others also. It's not just about Fasting day. Like I said earlier, last 2 days I have logged in, I logged out since both fell on bad days.

I knew asking for all the bad days to be taken out wouldn't get me anywhere. I instead simply asked for the chances that a random day would occur be changed.

I've done something to deserve getting banned? I came here and posted about something I really don't like, just like a lot of people do. I know you made light of it in your last post, but I can't find much humor in this.

I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. The topic has shifted from my initial post to just focusing on this one day. This day is one I don't like, and I listed a few others also. It's not just about Fasting day. Like I said earlier, last 2 days I have logged in, I logged out since both fell on bad days.

I knew asking for all the bad days to be taken out wouldn't get me anywhere. I instead simply asked for the chances that a random day would occur be changed.

I've done something to deserve getting all this bitching about a trivial matter? I came and read about something I really like (this particular day).

In the end it doesn't matter what you like, it matters what I think it's best for the game. If our opinions are dissimilar, you will either have to accept that my opinion takes precedence over yours, or one of us has to quit the game.

As for not being able to find the humor in the 100% increase if ther eis any more bitching, I can't blame you, as that was not meant to be humorous.

I've done something to deserve getting all this bitching about a trivial matter? I came and read about something I really like (this particular day).

In the end it doesn't matter what you like, it matters what I think it's best for the game. If our opinions are dissimilar, you will either have to accept that my opinion takes precedence over yours, or one of us has to quit the game.

As for not being able to find the humor in the 100% increase if ther eis any more bitching, I can't blame you, as that was not meant to be humorous.

I starting posting what I did before you posted about the 100% increase... I was still talking about what you said about a new server.

And I didn't come here to bitch. I made a request. After I started the thread, I realized I posted in General. It was meant for the game request section.

Guest ohmygod
[11:08:22] Day ends:

Day of fasting

English: No eating this day. Yeah, I know, you hate us.

Role Playing: Today is the day when we pay respect to our gods, wether we respect them or not :D

;) Ent you my GOD and you rocks :P

Yes it is true day of fasting is by far the worse of all the days. But you got to take the good with the bad. We all jump for joy when scholar day pops up, or on no drop day we grab our best gear and run to KF and all go at it even though we know we're going to die. Fasting day does add to the game, yes I said add. First off it's great for merchant players who have large stocks of stuff to sell, because no one is making anything of this day, just buying and selling. It uncrowds the server. many people simple don't play on fasting days so there are less people. Me, yes I was effected by this day. having a goal of gaining 12 manu levels (28 to 40) it hurt bad, and I had a guild mate put an order in for 10k HEs, once again two top things couldn't tonch. so what did I do on this day. well I keep stocks of ess to train in magic, keep some srs some ess and just cast spells for hours. Gather resourses, manu takes lots and lots of resourse, so I gathered what I needed, Sell off extra stock. Tit ore I have in excess, harvesting it every hour on the hour I have a lot. I just sold it all for a large sum. Unforuantely I already had negative food levels when the day started becuase I have a power saver cloak just for this day. Put it on and you can still summon just watch the clock and make sure you have full mana on the minute.

my point is work around this day and more so plan for it to happen

Come on people. It's random! And it only lasts six hours. I admit, there has been more negative days lately, but that is just coincidence. For me, I just exited and got a book read, is it so hard not to play six hours, if you don't like it?

This is good for no economy? I don't think so...

Like 30-40% of the people logged off -> So less people to sell to.

Like 20-30 people at the bl bush to collect coins in this boring day -> Hurts the economy

And I don't know how much people were harvesting lilacs in votd and in other maps.

So good for the economy? I don't think so!

Like 20-30 people at the bl bush to collect coins in this boring day -> Hurts the economy

And I don't know how much people were harvesting lilacs in votd and in other maps.

I found a way to overide all days I don't like...

simple type"#exit " press enter.

I don't care what day it is, i always find something else i can do in-game instead, it's all about adjusting to what day it is and do what you can during that day.

Edited by Entris

I found a way to overide all days I don't like...

simple type"#exit " press enter.

I did the same to go play another game :)

I don't care what day it is, i always find something else i can do in-game instead, it's all about adjusting to what day it is and do what you can during that day.

You are absolutely right. :)

The feasting day and no manuf day is the days i dislike most, because i like to make items fast while the monster respawn (or before a player attack me in pk), so i dont have much fun in those days. I also dont like peace and extra breaking days, because they interfere with my game play too.

But you always can find something to do, harvest, explore, talk with people on game, real life, etc. So my main opinion is good days are cool and i can live with bad days. If the only way to have good days is to have bad ones to bring balance, so let it be. :D

Edited by Lorck

i happen to like all days, i luckily havent logged on durring a day of fasting but i agree that it would stink, but all negative days have helped me in a sence, on the last peace day i was here for it made me sit down and do some alching i had been putting off, 2k HE's for Desdamona and 1K silver bars for a guild mate (which i still havent finished), on fasting day and no manu window days i get out my equipment and go train, i tend to neglect my a/d at times so i think these days come in handy.

as for the one who asked for all bad days to b gone and good days % chance to be lowered, i think thats asking too much, everyone has a bad day IRL, your car breaks down it puts a henderence on your activities for the day or sometimes a few days, and it costs you money.

the only thing i wouldnt mind seeing is mabey something that keeps the same day from happening twice in a row, i was on one for the time when we had labor day 3 days in a row, thats 18 hours w/o harvesting, but yet again IRL farmers can have a bad YEAR and get little to nothing thats harvestable.

so to cut this all down short, i think its all great, good days and bad days, they both make you focus on something you might have been neglecting, in their own ways.

my own oppinion

time to actually log in, Happy

Not all days are bad for all - some are good days. Take peace day - I can go where I like without being pestered by people who just want to mug me and it is going to get great for getting that hydro.

Fasting day/labour day is a day to work on A/D. All days have benefits and downsides.

What I am saying is that just because you (the reader) doesn't like a day doesn't mean everybody doesn't like it.

yawl should go back to the first post... it's not that the days are all that terrible, it's that, lately, they've been rather frequent.

the request was for them to be a bit rarer (or for special days to be a special occasion, if you prefer).

now, granted, sometimes with random functions you'll get a bunch in a row... but there have been a lot recently, and I doubt making them a bit rarer (or more special) would hurt

Fasting day/labour day is a day to work on A/D. All days have benefits and downsides.

That's quite hard, because everyone goes fighting, let's say 200 people go train on about 50 monster spawns? :evilgrin:

But yeah make them less frequent would rock. I think the ordinary days are getting more rare than the special ones. There has been 5 or 6 special days now in a row, that's 3 days irl, scientist day have passed us 2 times in the last 3 days.

Agreed, there has been more special days than ordinary ones recently.

Maybe this could be implemented:

No more than one special day per 4 ingame days (24h IRL).

The same day cannot be present again in less than 8 ingame days (48 IRL).

That would ensure that special days are special indeed.