Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sbarstow

Helmet of Life/Mana

I didn't see anything of this sort previously suggested so I figured I'd give it a shot...

I was thinking, the Crown of Life and Crown of Mana are awesome and everyone likes them. What if it is possible to have someone bind the Crown of Life to say an Iron, Steel, or Titanium helmet. My reason for this is simply that the helmets look much better than the Crown (IMHO) and add some defense.

To make it possible it would need to be expensive and hard so:

-1 Crown of Life

-Ingredients for the helmet (e.g. Iron helm 5 iron bars, 3 leather, 4 fire essences)

Ingredients should be increased though, for example: 10 iron bars, 6 leather, 8 fire essences, 4 enriched fire essences, 4 enriched life essences, 100 health essences

-1 Binding stone

-1 Crown of Mana

-Ingredients for the helmet (e.g. Iron helm 5 iron bars, 3 leather, 4 fire essences)

Ingredients should be increased though, for example: 10 iron bars, 6 leather, 8 fire essences, 4 enriched fire essences, 4 enriched magic essences, 5 extra mana potions

-1 binding stone

Requirements:

-Manufacturing level 70

-Crafting level 50

-Artificial Nexus 7

-Magic Nexus 5 or 6

Just a thought i've had for a while, the benefit of the crowns with the look and defense of the helmets, also a lesser chance of breakage maybe.

Let me know how you feel about it.

Edited by sbarstow

CoLs CoMs made pk suck 'a little', i don't like idea to make them manuable.

And those itemz can be cheaper for some time soo CoL/CoM will be much cheaper :<

Edited by NitageR

Just trying to make a variety of stuff guys. You don't like it, don't wear it :angry:

No these crowns won't be changed. Their colors represent the health and mana magic symbols.

Some people will like them, some will hate them. Same as with everything else. There's no pleasing everyone.

as i asked, will it be possible to nail a crown to a helmet, like medieval kings did (remember sean connery, in robin hood movie) ? :(

as i asked, will it be possible to nail a crown to a helmet, like medieval kings did (remember sean connery, in robin hood movie) ? :)

There will be other items in the game too.

These crowns (as Roja explained several times) will look and function as published.

Crowns are staying as they are, because they are magic-not defensive in nature- and they add variety(ie, not just another helm but a different item).

There will of course be more helms/armor/weapons/etc etc as I keep telling you guys!

No more topics on this subject!

CoLs CoMs made pk suck 'a little', i don't like idea to make them manuable.

And those itemz can be cheaper for some time soo CoL/CoM will be much cheaper :<

I don't want to make the crowns manuable I wanted to make you buy the crown then risk it by putting it into a helmet, so you fail bye bye crown, if not you have a crown in a helmet. Either way it costs you much more than the crown itself.

i thought it stood to reason that that was part of the crowns feature, that u were giving up the defense of the helm and high breakability in EXCHANGE for all that extra mana or health. the magic or health bonus in exchange for the defense and extra fragility is more than a bargain imo.

if this was added what would b next? industructable armor that made u completely invulnerable to ANY attack? :confused:

for the "good look" lol

Yea i think the same.... And like Aislinn post... well he didnt post the made a colage...

"Crowns are staying as they are, because they are magic-not defensive in nature- and they add variety" by Roja....

before anyone says "omg necro" i asked aislinn and she said post here

my idea is basically the same as the original one only except helms, do it with hats....would add nothing to CoL/CoM.

I always think when i put a CoL on "i wish this could look like my skull and crossbones scarf"

Maybe ings for making a hat into a col hat something like CoL/CoM+hat+binding stone? maybe an enriched mag ess

Edited by hobobob38

i was talking about tailoring stuff made into a CoL/CoM not steel helm and tit helm

tailoring stuff, hats, +CoL/CoM some other ings and you have a hat that gives you +150 health...i was just talking about more options than steel helm and tit helm

ings can be whatever really, i was just giving an example

Edited by hobobob38

THoL

SHoM

They are already in game.

You can't really control them making of these can you? I'd love to see THoL as a more expensive alternative to CoL, yet not so ridiculously rare :medieval:

THoL

SHoM

They are already in game.

You can't really control them making of these can you? I'd love to see THoL as a more expensive alternative to CoL, yet not so ridiculously rare :medieval:

The only reason this is so is because no one makes Tit helms because no one buys them because they are labeled useless. The only people who make them are ones after said rare makes.

Making a helm / scarf / whatever with similar properties will do nothing but make these make rares even more useless, meanin gabsolutely 0 tit helms / steel helms being made except by the rare guy who just likes the look.

the only person that would buy a THoL or SHoM would be someone that likes the look but im sure there's more people that like the look of other hats/scarves/w/e

how many people make steel and titanium helms just in the hopes that one will turn out to be a THoL or SHoM?

Edited by hobobob38

the only person that would buy a THoL or SHoM would be someone that likes the look but im sure there's more people that like the look of other hats/scarves/w/e

how many people make steel and titanium helms just in the hopes that one will turn out to be a THoL or SHoM?

You are quite wrong in that reguard. A person would want to buy a THoL because of the 150 HP + armor bonus which is nice. Steel Helm of Mana, not so much.

But by the by, it's still the only reason any one makes them.

You are quite wrong in that reguard. A person would want to buy a THoL because of the 150 HP + armor bonus which is nice. Steel Helm of Mana, not so much.

But by the by, it's still the only reason any one makes them.

Yes, but how many have to one make to get THoL or SHoM? I know, that ordinary helms are considered useless, but that's only because they share the slot with CoL and they are not exactly cheap to be used for cheap gear training. If all helms would give bonus to life and/or mana, I am sure they would get used and made more.

I.E.:

Steel helm - 40 life and 10 mana

Titanium helm - 60 life and 20 mana

Red dragon helm - 70 life and 30 mana

Black dragon helm - 85 life and 40 mana

Ice dragon helm - 100 life and 50 mana

This could make them be made more, put more diversity in what are people wearing, instead of everyone, who can afford it wears CoL/RDHoLaM...

before anyone says "omg necro" i asked aislinn and she said post here

my idea is basically the same as the original one only except helms, do it with hats....would add nothing to CoL/CoM.

I always think when i put a CoL on "i wish this could look like my skull and crossbones scarf"

Maybe ings for making a hat into a col hat something like CoL/CoM+hat+binding stone? maybe an enriched mag ess

That's actually really good idea :medieval:

ok sure THoL would be better than a hat made into a col but not everyone can afford one...my idea would basically have a lot more different looks for a CoL and it would be cheaper

and ty miiks for liking my idea :)

just had another idea: do this with night visors too...imo they're ugly and there are quite a few people that think the same

Edited by hobobob38