Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The cooldowns decision

The whole idea on summoning stones as I see it, is that one could produce a lot of stones in a safe enviroment, with all the cooldown issues applied. Then he/she could use the stones in battle WITHOUT having the cooldown / delay issue.

Stones should offcourse be tradeable, but one should have a decent amount of applying nexusses / sum-lvl to use them. When a long cooldown is used on the stone, the advantage is completely lost.

As for making essences: it is not profitable the way it is now, at least not for me (lvl 18 alch). FE is still a good way for income, but LE (which I just started making, because Selain wants 250 of them) are just going to break-even. When the pots of feasting go somewhat lower in price (which I heard rummoring) and are stackable (which will happen) the odds are that one could again make a decent profit from LE / HE by just trading with NPC's.

AFAIK, these were all ideas earlier proposed by Ent / Roja. All will go well then, with alch, sum and PK. I look forward to the new changes!

If you harvest all the goods for things like life essences, how do you break even......

Guest Mirac

If you harvest all the goods for things like life essences, how do you break even......

Maybe break even in the sense that you get more money for selling the ingredients for a essence than for selling the essence. Basically, they are not tradable anymore, then.

As it is with spirit essence now, for example: Current market-price for the ingredients (without food) is 15gc, but the shop sells them for 9gc.

The whole idea on summoning stones as I see it, is that one could produce a lot of stones in a safe enviroment, with all the cooldown issues applied. Then he/she could use the stones in battle WITHOUT having the cooldown / delay issue.

Stones should offcourse be tradeable, but one should have a decent amount of applying nexusses / sum-lvl to use them. When a long cooldown is used on the stone, the advantage is completely lost.

As for making essences: it is not profitable the way it is now, at least not for me (lvl 18 alch). FE is still a good way for income, but LE (which I just started making, because Selain wants 250 of them) are just going to break-even. When the pots of feasting go somewhat lower in price (which I heard rummoring) and are stackable (which will happen) the odds are that one could again make a decent profit from LE / HE by just trading with NPC's.

AFAIK, these were all ideas earlier proposed by Ent / Roja. All will go well then, with alch, sum and PK. I look forward to the new changes!

I cannot make potions of feasting (I do not make potions at all) so I buy them at Mira for 10 gc each. I harvest the silver and the sunflowers. I then start making the LE, and I found that at my current level, while I have read the books, I still have a fairly high chance of failure. Counting all that in, I roughly make 3 LE on one potion. The NPC buys the LE for 3.33 gc each. Do the math.

I really like this! I didn't think that i've played with the cooldown long enough 2 be able 2 vote in the poll, what i've seen regarding the cooldown is that some things (like food) have a long cooldown wich makes it harder 2 do some manuing/crafting.

I haven't been able 2 see this for myself so i can't realy coment on this myself, only heard it from others.

The only question i have is for the summoning system, will it be like the magic system?

Do u have to have the lvl to be able to summon monsters/animals with the stone?

I got all the nexus i need too summon every animal/monster in EL i just don't have the sum. lvl for them yet.

The only question i have is for the summoning system, will it be like the magic system?

Do u have to have the lvl to be able to summon monsters/animals with the stone?

I got all the nexus i need too summon every animal/monster in EL i just don't have the sum. lvl for them yet.

About summoning, I dont know what will happen exactly.

There are/were "official" threads about "monsters only for summoners" and now the players are talking about "stones"

dreaming of "monsters for everybody".

To get to the level 40-45 in the summoning it is very hard and, at that level, every player has accepted and won a challenge.

Entropy said:

c. Summoning stones (clicking on it will summon an animal, no mana or ingredients, but no exp either. Creating those

stones will however require ingredients, summoning level, and will give summoning experience.

Some nexus will be required to use them, we haven't decided what nexus[es] and how much.

The resource and mana cost to create them will be higher than just summoning an animal, of course.

This is just a project, ok, and I saw other threads in the forum where players ask details about this work in progress.

BTW I don't like the idea that everybody, with some nexus only (where nobody knows), can be able to use these stones

to summon monsters and I don't like the idea of a summoner/"producer" who sells stones because the summoning skill isn't a

"commercial" skill like manufacturing, crafting, alchemy and potions.

If Eternal Lands needs some new strategies, we have to do in a way that some area of the game remains separated.

Blodoks

sixties.jpg

Guest a-lil-pissed-off

I dont know... i just wanna have my good old EL 1.0.1 back... Ok, the graphical interface and outfit looks better now... but from the gameplay... i prefer no new items and animals compared to so many disadvantages for manufacturers, potioners and crafters. Since i play, i get more and more the feeling, PKers get boosted and others get neglected or even capped. Do whatever you like, but gameplay aint that funny for me, as it was once... Thx for listening.

BTW: What do i need new items for? What do i need these stones for... everything was alright before and well balanced (at least for me). Cya guys :)

EDITED: I understand the idea of cooldown and dont want to say its a bad idea... but a few seconds delay after fruits (1 or 2) would be cap enough, dont you think? One minute is... well... insane...

Edited by a-lil-pissed-off

wish i could say im happy 2 c the cooldown system stay but oh well, its here and i got no choice in the matter, im sure ill adapt 2 it in a bit more time. like the new ideas but just 1 small question if i could, r there going 2 b more thing implemented for other skills like manufacturing, potions, crafting etc because im no summoner or fighter, just wondering thats all so i can find out if i got something 2 look 4ward 2 in crafting and manufacturing in the future except the hot stones, shame 2 here the poll was sabatoged, hope u can find the person(s) who did it

"something 2 look 4ward 2"?????

"r there going 2 be"??

"shame 2 here"??????

These "abbreviations" (coupled with spelling errors) make this nearly impossible to read.

This is not text messaging. The amount of time saved with such "abbreviations" is miniscule, if you can type with all 10 fingers. It is certainly not cool. Please learn to write in proper sentences - then your message will be a bit easier to read, despite the spelling errors.

i prefer no new items and animals compared to so many disadvantages for manufacturers, potioners and crafters. Since i play, i get more and more the feeling, PKers get boosted and others get neglected or even capped. Do whatever you like, but gameplay aint that funny for me, as it was once... Thx for listening.

Believe me, its the other way round. The cooldown affects pking and does not boost it. Manu, alch, potion making is boosted by those rare "special" days and, if you dont use fruits or veggies as food, not really affected by the cooldown. I made 3 levels in manu the last days, so i know what i am talking about :)

Piper

Summoning is deffidently hit the hardest. Think about it, you need 3 SR per bear to summon, that means you can only summon one every minute or so, at that rate it takes about 6 hours straight to level

Believe me, its the other way round.

Agreed. I leveled more in potions, manu, and crafting this past week then I had in the previous six months. In large part because I couldn't stand to do any of those things prior to cooldown.

Feasting potions are your friends. Can't afford them? Camp outside the tavern in Portland and harvest fruit for a few days. You'll improve your harvest level and accumulate more then enough cash to go on a crafting/manu/potions/alch binge.

And yes I know there is a Goblin there. It isn't that tough to get to a level where it will ignore you. And if you are really serious about the non combat skills MM is an excellent investment.

at that rate it takes about 6 hours straight to level

Six hours? Do the math on one million or more harvest exps when you cap at 120 per hour and the most you can get is around 60 unless it is a scholars day...

Edited by Ruln