Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Items cooldown

you can also pvp pretty calm and just follow the right chain of clicking. there is no game where you dont win if you dont click rite.

and even with those "broken rules" or ominous "dis/damage-ring abuses"(which no1 xplains to me) you gotta find your strategy to stay alive. and i know some ppl who pretty much did it ;)

There will be no need to use the eye icon to determine the cooldown values, they will be visible in the client.

As for the wining team, we are not changing it, we are adding more strategy to it. Like some people have already noticed, the changes apply for everyone in an equal measure. So while they might be debilitating for you, they will also be debilitating for your enemies.

ENT: So while they might be debilitating for you, they will also be debilitating for your enemies.

ENt if u played ur game . or even knew of the PK ,RP u would not say that.

I say bring in change ,its long over due but so is ppl in power playing the game. hard to know how things will work out unless ur in it.

extending the cool down times that are allready in place is an idear no 1 will ever be happy with given now 2 or 1 second isnt enuff wile fighting.

for the makers of items more time spent should = more exp

i can only hope the same is dun for fighters

just my 2 sen...

Edited by dragonsyoung

ENT: So while they might be debilitating for you, they will also be debilitating for your enemies.

ENt if u played ur game . or even knew of the PK ,RP u would not say that.

I say bring in change ,its long over due but so is ppl in power playing the game. hard to know how things will work out unless ur in it.

just my 2 sen...

Never played it??!! ENt created the game :) I think he would know what's best for it more then us ;). Personally, I like the idea. The more stradegy that you need to use to play a game, the better. If you don't like the idea, then stop complaining, and wait for the test period to end. Then you can bitch all you want. This thread should be used for questions on the cooldown, not complaints yet.

Edited by sora_barzahd

Guest stalag

In theory the mechanism is cool but in the play side will be not so good cuz it's a kind of protection for the hardcore players.

How new players will reach high levels? It would be fair if everyone started at the same ground but how things are right now it will protect high level players only.

Who want to play a game that will take about 2 years to reach OA 60 ? Its supose to be fun and not otehrwise.

Lots of players dont have guilt that some players dont have a full time job and can play 12 hours a day...

Do it right. balance things, put less cooldown time for lower OA and start pushing it up at the same time OA starts to get higher thats seems fair.

U want more players u dont want the same names appear at the top 50 forever or want it?

Of course the puporse can also be to make some of us to buy EFE and other stuff from El shop but thats is only my thoughts...

but let wait maybe it will be the miracle to the market channel .... but can someone explain how amuse it will be doing 1k of he over several hours of real life?

Seems not good for me but we will see :-)

why click the rings? pop one of each into the quickbar, hit first ctrl+diss, then ctrl+tele. just pray to god that the server gets the message is the right order :)

Example from last invasion..i was ganged by 8 mw and tons on them next to me..when i dissed from that 8 rest were atting me..i used 6-7 diss to be able to use votd ring..same is with players when they are ganged by many ppl..remember u must heal/drink an sr not only diss+tele :) WHY ? B/c ppl use things like mana drain or harm.. besides there are many mirror hits in gangs..u say ok use MI but that 90sec or so goes very quick during battle :-)

Remember about economy - if i can use diss every 2 sec i will use and buy more of them from crafters.

Many pkers know well that during some nice actions u can easy use like 30 diss, 100 or more dmg ring and tele rings. The same with hes srs.

And in addition to weak pkers.... go train hard and u will be able to kill top guys. :D I was doing looong training sessions to get my a/d (like other guys). So stop crying and nubing that u cant kill top players and go train !!!

One more thing...

I CAN"T UNDERSTAND why players that DON'T REALLY PK say what is good for pkers, that is ridiculous for me...

Edited by NitageR

thing is that PK should be based on something other then how many potions and rings you can carry into the fight.

by the sound of it its been reduced to a clickfest of rings, potions and whatsnot.

ie, the first person to run out of potions or rings are the person that dies.

Example from last invasion..i was ganged by 8 mw and tons on them next to me..when i dissed from that 8 rest were atting me..i used 6-7 diss to be able to use votd ring..

Hmm, could it be because in the current setup there is a 1 second cooldown between each items use, regardless of their category?

I CAN"T UNDERSTAND why players that DON'T REALLY PK say what is good for pkers, that is ridiculous for me...

Probably for the same reason PKers seem to forget there's a whole other side of the game when they talk.

Probably for the same reason PKers seem to forget there's a whole other side of the game when they talk.

I talk about thingzzz which i DO

Edited: rings

This is good like it is now, for me it can be max 2 sec..otherwise = pwned :wub:

Edited by NitageR

nice point..:wub:...but ..didnt u forget to tell more exactly what is included in that other side. Maybe first should tell them about pickaxe...its not only for pking..:)

But maybe it would be too difficult to UNDERSTAND..:)

Never seen much sense in that newbie hunting but if the main problem is the using of those coward rings..well..nevermind..:)

nice point..:wub:...but ..didnt u forget to tell more exactly what is included in that other side. Maybe first should tell them about pickaxe...its not only for pking..:)

But maybe it would be too difficult to UNDERSTAND..:)

Never seen much sense in that newbie hunting but if the main problem is the using of those coward rings..well..nevermind..:)

Once more time i talk about thingz which i DO : it is Pking/alch/pot/mag/harv...

And yet again, I am wasting my time posting things no one even reads, because they would rather panic and scream: "Blood murder!" than just read the information posted.

And people complain we don't listen to the players. Why the fuck should we listen to the players if they don't listen to us?

ive thought about this long and hard and i have come to the follow conclusion.....

everyone just dont say anymore until the test period! if it sucks then you can post saying you have found it to suck. if its kept then you have 2 choices to make. one is to keep playing and deal with it and the other is to quit and find another game or take up soccer in real life :)

sounds simple to me :P

Edited by Banshen

I think one solution might be to make using one food not start another's, so then if manuers need to mass produce they can switch off between cooked meat, fruit, veggies, bread, feasting potions, etc. so that they have something to eat while waiting for another thing's cooldown

All kinds of foods share one cooldown number - eating a bread puts bread and fruits and vegetables (and cooked meat I think) into cooldown. Potion of feasting probably doesn't trigger the food cooldown - I don't remember trying that on the test server.

It's not such a bad idea of items cooldown. It will sure make the game more realistic.

Howerver i have a suggestion. Well some of my friends liked it so i'll explain it briefly here.

The idea is that the better you are at a particular skill the less you will have to wait before you can use the same item.

If we consider an alchemist who makes healt essences ( he's):

Level 1-10 alchemist - cooldown time 5 seconds

Levels 11-20 - cooldown time 4 seconds

Levels 21-30 - coodown time 3 seconds

Levels 30+ - cooldown time 2 seconds

Of coz that can be altered as you like. By the idea stays the same. Surely if you have 2 manufactorers and 1 of them is more experienced, the latater will be able to do the work faster. That's realistic in my opinion.

Once again example, 2 manufactorers making leather pants:

1) Manu level 10, has to wait 10 seconds before able to make another

2) Manu level 20, has to wait 5 seconds

So the more advanced items the bigger cooldown, but with high skills the cooldown time will go down. I'm sure someone could decide on min limit.

I hope something like that will be implemeted. It will sure be a fair way round the problem. That will also motivate people into training for higher levels as you get better bonuses. That's realistic!

Thanks for reading. Any comments are welcome,

Grymauch

Member of Rivan Warriors

It's not such a bad idea of items cooldown. It will sure make the game more realistic.

Howerver i have a suggestion. Well some of my friends liked it so i'll explain it briefly here.

The idea is that the better you are at a particular skill the less you will have to wait before you can use the same item.

Of coz that can be altered as you like. By the idea stays the same. Surely if you have 2 manufactorers and 1 of them is more experienced, the latater will be able to do the work faster. That's realistic in my opinion.

So the more advanced items the bigger cooldown, but with high skills the cooldown time will go down. I'm sure someone could decide on min limit.

I hope something like that will be implemeted. It will sure be a fair way round the problem. That will also motivate people into training for higher levels as you get better bonuses. That's realistic!

Grymauch

Member of Rivan Warriors

That's a really good idea. It would make people want to level so there cooldown is less. :P

Grymauch

Member of Rivan Warriors

That's a really good idea. It would make people want to level so there cooldown is less. :P

The thing is, its not the Health Essences or the Leather Pants that are cooling down, its the food. And it wouldn' t make sense to allow one person to have 20% the cooldown of everyone else just becasue they have a high manu level...

OK. Lets just TRY what Entropy has made for us? See how the current cooldown goes, THEN talk about changes?

ya newbies would like a huge cooldown :/