Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

"Jewel Monkeys?" LadyWolf asks raising an eyebrow. "I'm only here because I keep hearing a certain draegoni in the back of my mind talking about a journey back to Irilion." she replies gently squeezing Brom's shoulder with the hand that rested there. "Tell me more old friends" With that LadyWolf finds a seat on a near by crate and motions for Brom and Kendai to join her.

((OOC..someone else join..I don't wanna take over this one like I did the one lol))

((OOC-Ok, Brom, fixed :whistle: ))

The cloaked figure strode to the boat's stern, and then looked up, allowing his cloak to fall. There was a human face, with cascading sea-blue hair that went a little past his shoulders. He had a mystefied look in his calm, empty, wise, and thoughtful eyes the same color as his hair. Then, there was a chill in the air around the person, and the rails surrounding the ship were suddenly ice cold and covered with frost...

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Then, a sudden wind whipped, and there were hollers of surprise. Capes and bags flew, and crates smashed into walls. The winds suddenly ceased, and there was only a ominous silence. And the mysterious boy was still there, standing, as if nothing happened. Then, it started to snow in the cavern. Everyone knew something was going on.

The ship left the hidden cove, and then, there was an announcement: "Hold onto the rail you scurvy sea-dogs! We're gonna blow!" Then, the ships engines kicked in. They were soon going REALLY fast. But there, cape billowing in the wind, stood the silent boy, hair flying in the wind...

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

"Ok who the heck are you and Why do you keep freezing things?" Brom said firmly toward the boy. Taking up his cloak in his arm and staff in hand he walked up the stairs toward the boy. When he got close enough he uttered words under his breath. "Un adur dei sculvewn" the words actually did nothing, but the fact that Brom uttered them commonly made people think he was using some strange magic only he knew. He was the storyteller afterall, most people thought those words were part of a story he procured somewhere. After the words were spoken Brom put forth his hand and flexed it, once again just for show. What he was actually doing was using the Draegoni abilites given to him, Power to see and even influence peoples minds. After being forced the small boy began to speak in a small and chilling voice...

((Lord_Nightmare please do something for me. Create your character so that he is not perfect. To date I have not seen an imperfect character out of you. Its more fun if you have a flawed character and your character builds up.

If Shadowbane is gone, who is going to lead this? We will of course, but if the creator has a basic storyline he would like to follow let him lead. Otherwise we will get there one way or another. :) ))

Edited by Brom

(( Small?!? 5 1/2ft, there! Hey, I'm not THAT short! And hwere I lose in looks, I make up in coolness :smartass: ))

"Manin! Wyrda! Hugin!" he muttered, and the guy collapsed to the ground.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((Lady? You there?))

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

LadyWolf looked up as it turned colder suddenly. Some odd little guy was freezing things. She watched as Bromm went up the stairs towards the boy, and smiled as he uttered "Un adur dei sculvewn", which did absolutely nothing. The boy suddenly made some odd mutterings and collapsed.

Lady stood and looked at Kendai, "Well this has certainly turned odd, I think I might go back to my cottage in Grahm's village." LadyWolf took a few steps towards the gate, stopped and glanced back at Brom.

((Well, Lady, try making it back to Grahms while the boat is about half-way to Irilion. Hope you can swim and you DO have a fur coat :) Anyways, yeah, he's weird, and he knows about half as much about himself as you guys do. And btw, he may experience mood-swings, but normally he's a pretty silent and mellow (Not to mention cool :smartass: ) He will use cool magics while concious, but while unconcious, things can get pertty freaky. If you have played or read about the RPG for the GBA called Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, this will make alot more sense))

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((Right, we shall see. BTW, Funny using words from Eragon :) And the words to tell fate. :)))

"I did not get enough out of him before he collapased, Please lets bring him down to the lower levels and.. " Looking around the ship, "Someone please keep an eye on him" The ship slowed down to the normal pace of the inter-continental ship (Which was still amazingly fast) and Brom went down a few stairs. "I have spoken to Shadowbane shortly before he had to leave. He told me he may yet come back but until then we should get ourselves to the monastery in Kusamura. This ship trip takes nearly a day normally, but with what just happend..." Brom looked around at the ship with its frozen deck-railings and the ship itself nearly halfway to Irilion. "I figure we should make it in a few hours. I will chat with the captain and see what he thinks. Anyway, until then Lets get some rest, we may have some hard days in front of us."

Brom stepped down the rest of the way and walked toward the ladder down.

Edited by Brom

((Then i will bow out gracefully..this took too weird of a turn for my taste))

With a final look LadyWolf grabs essences from her pouch and casts teleport to portals room spell.

Edited by LadyWolf

A magnificant flash of light woke Fox from his slumber. Standing and yawning, arms outsreched, he recognised the fading illumination as that which called one to the 'portal room'

Fox stepped up to the irritated looking crew member "Do you know who left?" he enquired

The dwarf shook his head

"Does ANYONE know who left?" Fox asked, exasperated

Kendai sighed, standing nearby to Fox. "LadyWolf did. I do admit, maybe I bit off more than what I could chew by volunteering to go on this journey..." Shivering in the cold, her fur clothing still in her bag, she nods towards Fox and takes her leave of him, heading down to the deck below to grab her furs. Orchans were not designed for the icy chilliness of the winterlands...

Strange, The ship had come within eyeshot of the island then turned south, heading to the Draegoni Islands of ice. Brom felt elated as he climbed up the ladder a few hours later to see his homelands, or that is, the homelands of the Draegoni race. He himself had only been here once or twice in his life. "Are we going to come to Kusumura from the south? Who planned this?" The captain standing nearby said with an aggitated voice. "I only do what I am ordered to do" The ship neared the shore of the icy Islands...

((For some reason I love ending my posts with ... Im not sure why :P I hope Ladywolf can come back.))

The stranger awoke with a start, sweat beading down his forehead. He looked around, then calmed down. He got up, and looked for his weapons. He found those and picked them up. Then, he climbed up onto the deck. He was now in full conciousness. "Well, that was odd. I usually have complete control... maybe I just needed some rest..." He said to himself. "But that old man... how'd he... what am I... what was he..." He raised his cloak and put up the hood. He than sat down against the wall next to the cabin door.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Fox stared out to sea, more concerned now, and part of him wishing he HAD missed the ship. They appeared to be changing diorection...He knew nothing of the sea and its islands, but the panic settling into the other passengers was clue enough that something was off

He turned around and sighed deeply. Whatever was going on, he didn't like it. He had never met Ladywolf, but knew of her. If SHE had been scared away, whay did one as low as Fox remain?

Dressed head to toe in warm furs and grabbing her things (ooc- I look like a Native American when I'm dressed in fur lol ;)), Kendai climbed back up to the deck, frowning slightly. If they ran into one of those legendary artic chimeran wolves, she would be dead in a heartbeat. She walked up next to Brom. "What's going on? What's with all the ice and snow? I thought we were chasing jewel monkeys, not jewel polar bears..."

LadyWolf lands with a thud in the portals room..err or what she thought was the portals room. I think I might have been just a bit too far from Seridia when I teleported

LadyWolf stands and looks around, not knowing where she was. This place looked like a portals room, but not the one in Seridia. She looks at the different signs and mutters "Now what do I do. Think Wolf think."

Lady drops down on her haunches and closes her eyes tightly, focusing her mind, reaching out. Brom will know where I am, or what I need to do. she thinks.

((OOC..there I left it where I can be brought back in if Brom chooses, but if it gets all silly and weird again I'm out))

Brom was talking to the gnomish captain of the vessel when it bumped gently on the side of the dock. "Brom, relax, this is Dra Syn just as I was told to sail too, unless you have the money to fund a trip farther north, you get off here with everyone else." Brom's traditional grumble followed and he plodded toward the gangplank which was now being lowered to the dock.

"Brom, I teleported out, but I am in a teleportal room I do not know, I think this is the Irilion Teleport room" Ladywolf said to Brom in his mind.

"Humm, As long as it is safe there stay until we get off the ship, we are in the southern Islands of Irilion, you know what monsters lurk here. I will speak with those going with us and we will form a plan. I am going to push for finding you then traveling north toward Kusamura. Can you wait until I have more information?" Brom did not like being the leader in trips, But he did like being the person helping the leader make decisions. He would just need to find himself a leader quickly. Dunian might help him out again. Brom redirected his footsteps toward the lower hatch where Dunian was stowing away...

((Dunian, your up! hehe))

The stranger got up, and went somwhere private. Then, he closed his eyes. He focused all his will on Trassian, and then was enveloped by rings of energy. He then found himself in the lands of Trassian. "Now, according to what I heard..." He walked to the entrance to Dra Syn. It was bared by huge columns of ice. "Grrr..." He then drew a sword of odd craftmanship. He then raised it and struck it into one of the bricks. Then, to beams red flames lept from the blade. They were in the shape of snake-like dragons, and wrapped themselves around the column. The column then collapsed as they reached the top. "Thankyou, Masamune..." He walked through the gap where the column was, and found himself fighting with a polar-bear. "Oh, crud.."

((i'm not all-powerful, only human ;) Anyways, to how I use magic without "Essences", this is a secret he learned from his homelands.))

((Well, I guess I'll have to find somebody to go with those footsteps so I can catch up to you))

The few sparks created by the teleportation spell had disappeared by the time the dwarf reached the crate. Meanwhile, Dunian had chosen a safer hiding place...

~~~Later~~~

Dunian lifted up the lifeboat cover and stepped out. Mingling with the passengers on the main deck, he stared out at the ice and snow. Dra Syn? Kasumara was on the other side of Irillion! Oh well, thats what you get when theres a gnome captain.

He was just about to disenbark, when he saw Brom going into the ship's hold. "What's he doing down there?" He followed the storyteller down to the place behind the crate where he had been hiding. He snuck up behind his old friend...

Edited by Dunian