Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

It was a grey day in the Portland Tavern. A couple of sailors were drinking ale and rum, there was a drunken bard telling about a time where he killed a goblin in one punch, and a white cloaked figure quietly sipping some wine. The bard changed to another story, the alchohal wearing off. "A long time ago, in a land far away, there was a city known as Kusamura. Where it was is a jungle, but this legend is still upholded. There was a crafter in the jungle town, who one day a mysterious foreign trader from Trassian came with three huge jewels, a ruby, a diamond, and a sapphire. The crafter sensed something magical around them, and bought them. He spent many years using magics of all sorts, finally crafting them into three monkey-shapped statues. One had it's hand s over it's ears, another had it's hand over it's mouth, and another had it's hands over it's eyes. These were bought by a order of monks, that knew that they had magicall properties. To this day, it remains in the monastaery's temple, gaurded by hundreds of traps, even long after the land was abandoned." As the stroy ended, the cloaked figure looked up.

"Magicall jewel monkeys eh?"

Later the next day, The_Piper was announcing a contest. "Come one and all! He who can find the jewel monkeys of Kusamura will win the prize of 20 thermal serpent swords from Shadowbane. He will be supplying the money to go to Irilion and will give help along the quests. Come one and all! Meet him at the Seridia/Irilion Docks!".

(OOC- sure, why not. Jeweled monkeys, eh?)

Kendai checked through her supplies one more time as she reached the dock that would take her and other explorers to Irilion. Steam and smoke rose from the bowels of the ship as she walked around to the other side.

"Fur outfit, health essences, armor..." She mumbled to herself as she finally fitted her pack on and pulled the cape over it, looking much like a large hunchback orc. Being an orchan didn't help the look. Kendai pulled out the leather hair tie and shook out her hair as she rebraided her long black strands out of her face. She glanced around at the others, wondering what exactly she had gotten herself into this time...

(OOC-correction:jewel monkeys, a little more like thisMunkeys except a bit different, larger, and different colors as stated in first post)

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((Here goes...))

Dunian crept past barrels and crates, keeping one eye on Sarma and one eye on the ship. As he slipped aboard, he saw a strange figure board that resembled a huge hunchbacked orc. Jeweled Monkeys, orcs and adventure. What more could one want?

Note: About to start story, get ready and get on the boat soon!

((Humm, should I play as Brom or Lan. I think Brom fits in here well, he was afterall the bard who told to the story in the first place))

Brom brushed aside the comments and pleading for more of the story. He made the people listening think they did not want to hear the end of the story, when in reality there was no end of the story, it was still going on. Those jeweled effigys of monkeys were never found. It was one of the stories Brom had obtained on his trip to Irilion. He did have a little more to the story that he did not tell. The three monkeys were taken and hidden in different locations inside of the monastery, It was generally assumed they were hidden with much time and care taken so that no one would ever find them again. Nothing was known of what powers these items possesed, though it must have been something great if they were hidden and protected with such force.

Steping down from the chair he was standing on so that his voice would carry, he strode toward the back door which would take him to his room. Up the stairs, feeling his body aging with every step. Something odd rolled over him, a feeling, impluse. He spun, bringing his staff accross with a hard slap. He did not want to break any bones, but he did want to stun the person who was behind him.

*Slap* The staff was caught with one hand mere inches from the face of...

((Heh, left this open for someone to join :P))

Edited by Brom

Shadowbane. "Brom, I told you to stop doing that. Last time it gave me a bloody nose, and some poor, innocent newb had to take my wrath." He had risen after sending a PM to his ol' buddy Piper, and was leaving to meet the brave, adventurous souls, and blow-up the free-loaders. "I know you know more about these monkeys than you were willing to reveal. I'm not a bard, but I know as much about these jewels then you do. I've visited the monastaery before it deserted the area, and know the nature of these artifacts. I will tell you, Brom, but you must obtain them." He gave Brom a wink and dissapeared to the island in the Riven Sea.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((Actually I was thinking someone that was not already comming ;P Because we could use some more people if we are going to RP our way to these monkeys))

Grumbling to himself, Brom went to the door of his room and pushed it open, There he found his Ivory staff with a red stain and what items he possesed, just enough to throw in a bag and travel. Travel was the life of a bard and Brom liked it.

Brom undressed from the simple cotton shirt and leather pants he had on to Fur pants, torso and boots. He put on no hat because it bothered his Draegoni ears. A medallion with a light blue stone rested over the fur and Brom was ready. Tossing essense and spare bits of this and that into a backpack, Brom set off, staff in hand, from the Lakeside tavern to the secret enterance to the ships that would take him back to Irilion.

Kendai paid the toll and stepped aboard, the gnome captain welcoming her and showing her to her cabin. Though he appeared slightly nervous at the huge orchan following behind him, he unlocked the door and gave her the keys.

"I trust that everything has been provided for?" Kendai asked, black bushy eyebrow raised. He nods, his head bobbing up and down.

"Yes, everything's been arranged. We'll arrive in Irillion late tomorrow. Safe journey, Miss Kendai." With that, he scuttled off quickly, supposedly to greet other passengers as they arrived, but perhaps he was also frightened by the large orchan on his ship. He had nothing to fear, really- Kendai didn't eat gnomes, they gave her indigestion. Kendai set down her things on the bed, having to crouch down in order not to hit her head on the ceiling. Well, this was certainly going to be an adventure... Kendai pulled on her cloak again and stepped out of the cabin. It made her feel claustrophobic. She went back up to the deck again, to see who her fellow passengers may be.

Brom stepped up on the gangplank, careful to tread on the cross pieces because the board was slippery. A hand was presented in front of him for a lift up, he took it and found he was staring into the eyes of the gnome captain of the vessel who had brought him back from Irilion. "Going again eh?" stated the gnome with near merriment in his voice. "Again, chasing a fascinating story, just like last time." pausing he looked at the gnome and said, "Have you grown taller from last we met?" the gnome gave him a venomous glare then broke into a laugh, it was a joke and the gnome knew he should take it as such.

"Brom!" Said a low but femine voice from the directon of the ladder down to the lower levels. Brom turned to greet Kendai...

Fox stood and winced. How did one slip on a wodden dock?

"Are you okay, sir?" the figure besides the boat asked

"Yes, I'm fine" Fox muttered, hastily handing his toll to the worker. He had only heard of the expedition a short while ago, and feared he wouldn't make the ship. As such he had little equipment at all

Trust me, he thought

He had had time to grab his steel 2 edged sword and a handful of Health Essence, but that was literally it. Maybe a little scavenging was in order

Fox boarded the ship and paced the deck, searching for a familliar face. Finding none, he slumped down up against the side of the ship, his eyes growing heavy

"Um... this is hard to say but Shadowbane has dissapeared and until further notice, any findings will go to his closet friends, the Eternal Guardians, until he returns." Announced The Piper nervously. Shadowbane had, in fact, started on another journey. ((It is being archived, but the end is a sad one :P ))

Kendai saw the storytelling draegoni and smiled as she climbed up the ladder. "Brom! Good to see you again. Checking out the legend of these jewel monkeys?" She turned when the Piper gave his announcement. "It's a pity that he couldn't be here himself, he was the one who informed me of the monkeys, after all."

A mysterious "boy" with sea-blue hair boarded the boat. He was shady, and had only a deep blue cloak that was concealing his face and body, and a blue orb in his hands. He quietly strided onto the boat. He accidentally bumped into a grumpy old dwarf. "Sor-" he started in a whisper-like voice, then the dwarf exploded "WATCH IT YOU WHARF-RAT!" Then, it was as if a light, undetectable breeze came because the figure's cloak rippled a little bit. Then, a puddle underneath the dwarf blasted up as a column of ice. He was stuck on top of the 6-foot high pillar, and slipped. He feel into the water surrounding the boat, to bewildered to say anything. A faint smile crossed the mysterious person's face.The pillar shrank back down into a frozen puddle, and he continued on his way.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Dunian sat in the hold, watching the passengers baording through a porthole. He watched as Brom the Storyteller boarded. He'd have to meet up with him... preferabley after they were far at sea and the captain couldn't do anything about it.

But before he could see anymore, he heard footsteps coming down the rows of crates. "Here comes trouble." he thought. He turned around, laying his staff aside as it was too long to use as a weapon. He grabbed his bag of essences and waited as the footsteps drew nearer...

((hmm, I wonder who could be making those footsteps... somebody not yet mentioned perhaps?))

Brom watched in somewhat amazement as this short young draegoni walked onto the ship and did something nifty with ice and water. A huge pillar appeared from the puddle one of the dwarves was standing on, throwing that dwarf into the water. After a moment of "Whoa? Huh? and Ohh" Brom sprang to the side of the ship and offered his staff down to the dwarf struggling in the water. Dwarves were not meant for sailing. The dwarf took hold on the staff as if it was his last effort before he died and Brom attempted to pull him up. Kendai seeing Brom struggle, lifted the staff easily up.

"Thank you Kendai, its nice to have you back on our side..." As Brom said it he knew he should not have. Funny looks from the adventurers prompted Brom and Kendai to break into laughter to cover Brom's slip. The truth was that Kendai on the last trip to Irilion was possessed by Mortos and attempted to sabotoge the trip, stopped finally by a group of Serdians, including Brom.

After shooting a quick glance of "Im sorry" to Kendai, Brom walked downship and climbed down the ladder. "Im getting too old for this" he muttered to himself.

Reaching his room, Brom placed the back on the side of the bed and rested against the wall while sitting the same bed. "Now, lets see who we have here." Reaching out with his mind Brom spread his awareness wide, feeling every living soul within hundreds of yards. Many adventurers were already in their rooms, some would be boarding the ship shortly. and One...Sitting behind a crate? Looking more carefully Brom recognised Dunian. "Im not sure why you are stowing away old friend, but that is up to you" Brom told Dunian through his mind. Something caught Dunian's attention, someone was approaching...

Edited by Brom

Forgot to edit it but note: He looks young, is around 5ft tall, and race is uncertain.

((OOC Post))

Umm, you said Draegoni in your post. Unless you mean my cloak was moving . Ugh. here.

the draegoni's cloak rippled a little bit. Then, a puddle underneath the dwarf blasted up as a column of ice. He was stuck on top of the 6-foot high pillar, and slipped. He feel into the water surrounding the boat, to bewildered to say anything. A faint smile crossed the draegoni's face.
If you mean me by "the draegoni" Please say so, there are more Draegoni out there. ;P And I see Ladywolf is posting. Two draegoni. ;P Edited by Brom

((OOC ...I'm here Brom :P))

LadyWolf awoke with a start. She kept hearing voices in her mind. (Which being draegoni was nothing suprising, not with the power to channel and probe minds) But it had been happening alot since she had returned from Irilion.

Crawling out of bed she quickly dressed and grabbed her pack and her quarterstaff from behind the door. She loaded the pack with food and drink and a few clothes and some gold coins. She grabbed her sword and sheathed it, and donning her cloak she ran out the door heading to the ship for Irilion. (since this was the place that she had heard mentioned in her sleep)

Arriving at the ship she brushed passed everyone and walked up the plank with purpose. She was looking for the one voice she kept hearing. During all the commotion she found who she was looking for. She walked up behind Brom and stood silently waiting for him to turn around. Kendai turned and LadyWolf motioned for her to be silent, as well as Dunian. A small grin spread across Lady's lips as she stood waiting to greet her old friend and mentor.

"Lets see how well she has learned" Brom thought to himself. Spinning right while bringing his staff left would cause most people behind him to move in the wrong direction and recieve a large knob on their heads or a red and black bruse on their necks. Not Ladywolf she ducked cleanly under the swipe. The other end of Brom's staff rotated down and behind Ladywolf, slapping her on the behind. "Dont do that, you know I dislike when people sneak up behind me!" his face breaking into a grin..

Laughing heartily, LadyWolf stands to face Brom. "You still move well for an old man , and fiesty too!" she muses as she rubs where the staff swatted her behind.

Taking a step forward, she embraces her old friend. He had taught her much about her people since they had returned to Seridia, and now she needed to find out why she kept hearing him babble on about Irilion and jeweled monkeys in her mind.

Edited by LadyWolf