new Meh().start();

}

}

}

#> javac Meh.java

#> java Meh

That would suck.

177242[/snapback]

So funny, i wonder how he reacted when they told him what they did! If they did :)

public static void main() {

public long a = 10000000000; public long b = 10000000000;

public long c = 10000000000; public long d = 10000000000;

public long e = 10000000000; public long f = 10000000000;

public long g = 10000000000; public long h = 10000000000;

public class n() {

a = b + c;

b = c + d;

c = d + e;

d = e+ f;

e = f + g;

f = g + h;

a = a / 2;

b = b / 2;

c = c / 2;

d = d / 2;

e = e / 2;

f = f / 2;

}

for(int m = -1000000; m > -1000001; m++) {

n();

System.out.println("Jellybeans are pants.");

}

}

Goats, you got your class and main method declarations mixed up buddy...

Secondly, you need Stri...

OMG I need to get out more :blink:

Goats, you got your class and main method declarations mixed up buddy...

Secondly, you need Stri...

OMG I need to get out more  :blink:

177660[/snapback]

plus the whole being java problem *shudders* been doing that at uni... happily, we're doing C++ next semester (yay, that'll be more useful for EL coding)

Yesterday I caught a cough. A really annoying full of yellow phlegm cough. I had to spit every 5 minutes or so. There was this graded glass (eng? one of those milk mesuring thingies to make cakes) lounging on my desk (why it was there I don't know) and since it was handy I started to spit in it.

I reached nearly 25cl through 7 hours of EL and 16 chapters of Süskind (average reading speed=1 page every 100 fe's) before I went to bed. Added 5cl since I get home today.

Stopped smoking and started taking homeopathic pills, will go see the doctor if if I reach the pint.

I hope this is random enough.

Edited by reciproque

I watched Big Fish with some friends yesterday. In the credits there was a very good pearl jam song. I'd heard it before cuz i have a CD w/ it, and I've sort of learned it on guitar (before I saw the movie). So we go downstairs after sitting through the song in the credits and I sit down at my friend's piano. I'm like..hmm....I bet I can play that song. So I did. And it was good.

I've never had piano lessons...just have been teaching myself for a while...I also taught myself guitar. And I taught myself how to play EL. Thats why I suck at el.

Dargoooooooooooooooooor, shadowlord of the Blaaaaack Mountaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains.........

Edited by Mireille

plus the whole being java problem *shudders* been doing that at uni... happily, we're doing C++ next semester (yay, that'll be more useful for EL coding)

177667[/snapback]

C++ for EL? Doubt it.

Java is good, its place is in enterprise and web tier software. Don't knock it, you'll probably be coding in it one day.

177667[/snapback]

I remember when I was in HS, I almost learned C++... wrote a very simple program in it. However, I didn't really pay attention... I had this nice toy of HTML to play with. Nice how these come back to haunt us.

On another note, Thursday and Friday nights (my time) this week, I went to a local amusement park (Kings Island) for a Christian music concert event... one thing I don't quite understand: why were people throwing the "devil horns" rock and roll salute for Christian rock bands? seems odd to me...

C++ for EL? Doubt it.

closer to C than java is <_<

Java is good, its place is in enterprise and web tier software. Don't knock it, you'll probably be coding in it one day.

178003[/snapback]

bleh. java is a niche language used all out of proportion. it's goot for applets, and that's all. problem is all the people who wanna be buzzword compliant.

and I dun wanna have to use it.

if I want a program to be fast even if it takes longer to write, I'll use C/C++

if I want it to be done fast, work well, have real power, and be portable, I'll use perl.

heck, I'm already using perl and C for stuff in EL 8^P (the perl is for stuff like bookmaker, wrapping book text up in XML tags... no el client code is in perl, don't be scared)

anyway, back to the random stuff.

user@machine:/home/user# perl -e "print rand()"

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Ninjas are sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. These guys are totally awesome and that's a fact. Ninjas are fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start yoga next year. I love ninjas with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Q and A:.

Q: Why is everyone so obsessed about ninjas?

A: Ninjas are the ultimate paradox. On the one hand they don't give a crap, but on the other hand, ninjas are very careful and precise.

Q: I heard that ninjas are always cruel or mean. What's their problem?

A: Whoever told you that is a total liar. Just like other mammals, ninjas can be mean OR totally awesome.

Q: What do ninjas do when they're not cutting off heads or flipping out?

A: Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they stab. (Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

bleh. java is a niche language used all out of proportion. it's goot for applets, and that's all. problem is all the people who wanna be buzzword compliant.

and I dun wanna have to use it.

178202[/snapback]

LMAO,what the hell are you talking about? Java is only good for applets? Are you crazy? Applets absolutely suck. LMFAO, whatever.

Try writing/reading over some servlets or JSP's (with JSTL implementations), you'll find that its quite tasty.

Anyway, enough of the language wars: Programming languages are tools :P