Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mireille

EL too dark?

Do you think graphics in EL should be brighter?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think graphics in EL should be brighter?

• Yes
    • No

What do you think? It's manageable during the day, but when the night comes, I have to close all windows and generaly make the room as dark as possible otherwise I won't see a thing.

Not really that dark. Use gamma correction if your monitor is too dark.

The snow on IP is a bit too bright making it hard to read most the menues / dialogs but guess there isn;t much that can be done about that other than allowing to change menu transparency settings...

~C

Edited by Cajs

It's not dark at all. Even at night time, I can see everything without problems, that's brigter than IRL, where you can't see a thing without a flashlight except when the moon shines on things.

What do you think? It's manageable during the day, but when the night comes, I have to close all windows and generaly make the room as dark as possible otherwise I won't see a thing.

Lol! I had the same problem too but it turned out to be my computer brightnes setting for the game or something. My hubby fixed it for me :P I suggest trying what everyone else said.. either changing the brightness on your monitor or on the game resolutions.. :lol:

I have a TFT with 700:1 contrast and 300cd/m² brightness - which is very good, but still EL is very dark on my TFT.

I didn't have that problem with my old CRT.

At work, I have my brightness turned all the way up on the monitor, and still have to go into the ATI program and turn the brightness up so high that it makes the rest of the computer look really wierd, (overbright, too much contrast, etc), so I think nights are a little too dark. Yes, nighttime is supposed to be darktime, but we're talking a game, not a real life walk in the moonless woods. A "game brightness" slider bar in options would be really nice for people who have a dark monitor for one reason or another.

Again, the brightness isn't a problem in any program except EL, tho it all looks okay at full brightness, so EL is just a little dark.

Has anyone adjusted contrast in addition to brightness? I know that brightness seems to be the only answer, but you might have some success with a combination of the two.

Also, I would pretty much ignore Contrast Ratios and Brightness measurements used as specs. Manufacturers alway test those things in the way that will make their unit look best. Near perfect conditions. Measurement standards that focus on their strengths and ignore their weaknesses. Believe me, I work in a industry that has to quote such useless specs.

I have a TFT with 700:1 contrast and 300cd/m² brightness - which is very good, but still EL is very dark on my TFT.

I have a TFT screen and I have no problems with darkness.

maybe you are used to it, I got used to it too, but in some areas it's really too dark. The problem is it doesn't look like night, the contrast is bad and everything is greyish

How about adding a lamp or something next to the signs? Those signs are impossible for me to see at night and I already have my brightness up all the way.

Edited by WiseDwarf

would be way cooler if it would be more night so u have to use f9 button and make campfires ;)

I wouldn't mind even if it was pitch black, assuming we had some form of light source we could carry with us.

I voted NO: all problems can be solved by adjusting the monitor settings.

maybe you are used to it, I got used to it too, but in some areas it's really too dark. The problem is it doesn't look like night, the contrast is bad and everything is greyish

No, I didn't get used to it. It's just as bright as the CRT I had before.