Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entris

Weekly Quest.

Hi all.

I know there have been suggestions for more quests or increasing existing quests and all that and this is another one but with a twist (I hope tongue.png )

How about a Weekly quest.

It restarts every Monday and ends every Sunday night, You will have maybe 300 quests You will have to do during the week.

The rewarding for it can be either several small ones for the missions and a bigger one for the completion of the whole quest or divided into step rewards when finished with 100 missions You get a reward and then at 200 and the last one at 300, or just a big one at the end.

The missions could be everything from harvesting or killing creatures to delivering messages or items to NPCs.

You could combine all the things that the quests in EL already has.

Novac or Whimmip's quests where You have to kill a specific creature on a specific map/area for it to count.

Haidir daily where You have to kill a certain amount of a specific creature.

Xaquelina daily where You have to harvest a certain amount of specific flowers (can also include minerals and ores to get more options).

Daritha daily where You have to bring a specific armor part to the NPC.

Deliver messages to NPCs on either C1 or C2.

Mixing something in front of the NPC because it wants to test Your worthiness of the coming quests.

Find some item on a specific map.

Teleport to a map and back just because the NPC didn't believe that You could.

And lots more things that could be added.

It could be something like this:

"When I was young I spent all day leaning towards a tree in Desert Pines. It had a huge stone next to it so I was well hidden when my mom was looking for me to do my chores. Find that tree and click it and then come back to me for the next mission"

Or just "Go clicky tree in DP with huge rock next to it".

I think this would be a fun way for players to get around the continents in and they will also have a quest that will last longer than a half an hour or something and then wait for the next day.

I would prefer that We would get a smaller reward for each mission we do just in case You are not able to get online for much and still would like to have some fun and still get something for it. For the Big reward You would have to do All the missions but if You can't manage that You would still get something out of it.

Others can probably come up with more missions that could be included in the quest as for the amount of quests - I have no idea how many would be reasonable and is possible to do in 1 week but that's to be found out if it happens.

When it comes to the rewards it could be set up to give you either EXP - GC - or perhaps even an Item.

This got long tongue.png what Ya think?

Nice idea for addictive players

300 quests in a week, that's a bit over 40 a day... Allowing for sleep time, that's about 3 per hour. Sounds physically impossible...

Unless you mean that there are 300 possible jobs, of which you'd have to do a (small) fraction.

It all depends on what kind of mission You get though but 200 might be a better number for it.

Harvesting aint taking long to do neither is talking to an NPC so those can be done in faster pace than killing a certain creature.

Forgot to add that the missions You get varies and is not set so You might get one mission one week but not the next, or perhaps even get the same mission more than once the same week.

Random is nice :P

Unlike the WTF instance this would be something that Everyone could do..

It could even be set so it takes Your skill levels in consideration when You get the missions do it can be a bit of a challenge to do some of them.

Edited by Entris

Nice idea Entris, well thought out. At first I also thought, eek that’s high, but a high goal is a great incentive, I would leave the actual the numbers though to Radu, for he probably would know best.

I like the fact that rewards are in stages, bronze, silver, gold, so all players are covered, from noob/players with little time, to casual, to pro. Excellent.

I like the fact that it has to be done within a certain time period, beautiful hook, line and sinker. It will reward the players who play already on a daily base, and will nudge players who are in limbo to choose EL instead. Excellent.

Hope it will be considered.

Ty Nardo :)

Yeah the number crunching is best for Radu to set up, I just wanted to add a number to make it more visible for what I was meaning with a weekly quest.

Would be a fun addition to the game imo and hopefully Radu agrees.