Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cissysauce

can't make a black Tricorn

Now that the cockatrice feather has been removed from the tricorn hat formulas, the black tricorn has the same ingredients as the black scarf. So when trying to mix a black tricorn I ended up with a black scarf. The brown & blue tricorn formulas are fine though.

Edit:black cavalier & buckaneer have same ings now also. I was not able to make the black cavalier with the peacock feather.

Edited by Cissysauce

So if you fixed the black tricorn/scarf bug, I would assume one has a new formula? what might that be?

My apologies if I missed something, yet the two formulas still seem to be listed as identical. (And yes I did refresh/clear history etc...)

Edited by Enly

My apologies if I missed something, yet the two formulas still seem to be identical. (And yes I did refresh/clear history etc...)

Same to me, I checked several times, only invasionmeter is fixed.

Though the manufacture list shows that a scissor is needed for the black tricorn and isn't for the black scarf it doesn't make a difference when mixing. Even with a scissor you can only make a black scarf and not the black tricorn.

hmm..so..whats needed to make a black tricorn then? * is confused*

Jez

I haven't tried to make one yet but looking at the manufacture.html page it looks like the black cavalier peacock hat still can't be made (same ings as the black buccaneer hat)

I am sick of the god damn hats, I'm not even going to fix this, I fixed it for like 500000 times already, and it's been one of the most frustrating things in more than 5 years since I started workign at EL. Whatever I change, I break some other shit, so I guess one hat will never be makable.

I haven't tried to make one yet but looking at the manufacture.html page it looks like the black cavalier peacock hat still can't be made (same ings as the black buccaneer hat)
Actually, this bug was not even reported before. Didn't it happen before this update?

I have one in storage which was made by a guildie, so I believe it had worked. No clue what changed from then until now.

The black buccaneer hat did'nt need a feather from the start, even if it looks like it has one.

(and the Black Tricorn Hat needed one even if it looks like it don't have - it's fixed now)

Use a hawk feather for it - not a cockatrice, it's used for Black Cavalier Peacock Hat and not falcon, it's used for Black Cavalier Hat - I think it will fix it.

Edited by Zamirah

Actually, this bug was not even reported before. Didn't it happen before this update?

Edit:black cavalier & buckaneer have same ings now also. I was not able to make the black cavalier with the peacock feather.

I didn't see your edit, so the black cavalier hat is still wrong.

So yes, it was reported.

Edit: I messed something up ;)

Edited by molime

gallery_11_27191.jpg

With the first correction of the formulas (feathers going from tricorn formulas to buccaneer formulas), two doubles were created (*):

Red Scarf				   5 Red	10   1				5 Red	10   1
Skull Crossbones Scarf	  5Blk+2W  10   1				5Blk+2W  10   1

Black Scarf				 5 Black  10   1				5 Black  10   1			 *
Black Tricorn Hat		   5 Black  10   1  Cockatrice -> 5 Black  10   1			 *
Brown Tricorn Hat		   5 Brown  10   1  Cockatrice -> 5 Brown  10   1
Blue Tricorn Hat			5 Blue   10   1  Cockatrice -> 5 Blue   10   1
Brown Buccaneer Hat		 6 Brown  15   1			 -> 6 Brown  15   1  Cockatrice
Black Buccaneer Hat		 6 Black  15   1			 -> 6 Black  15   1  Cockatrice *
Black Cavalier Peacock Hat  6 Black  15   1  Cockatrice	6 Black  15   1  Cockatrice *

Green Cavalier Peacock Hat  6 Green  15   1  Cockatrice	6 Green  15   1  Cockatrice
Blue Cavalier Hat		   6 Blue   15   1  Falcon		6 Blue   15   1  Falcon
Black Cavalier Hat		  6 Black  15   1  Falcon		6 Black  15   1  Falcon

With yesterday's update (extra needle in the Black Tricorn Hat formula), the first double has been solved.

About the other double;

The feathers on the Black and the Green Cavalier Peacock Hats are the only ones that look like ehrm... "Peacockatrice" feathers.

The feather on the Black Buccaneer Hat looks like a Falcon feather (not exactly like the ones on the Blue and Black Cavalier Hats, but close).

The feather on the Brown Buccaneer Hat looks like a Hawk feather (although the inventory images for the Hawk feather and the Cockatrice feather are the same atm).

So I'd say, to fix the Black Buccaneer Hat / Black Cavalier Peacock Hat double:

• Black Buccaneer Hat: 6 Black Fabrics, 15 Threads, 1 Needle, 1 Falcon Feather

And only to make the Brown Buccaneer Hat formula match the look of the hat -- and if the Cockatrice feather (also the inventory image?) is supposed/going to look like a Peacock feather:

• Brown Buccaneer Hat: 6 Brown Fabrics, 15 Threads, 1 Needle, 1 Hawk Feather