Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thallen

Bot/npc to give loans

Ya man lending part, Is that even possible.... I'm not a huge nerd and I'm only 13 but in-order to do that there would have to be some coding allowing to do that in the game itself? Even if there is wouldn't it be very difficult? :D

It is completely possible, but rather goofy. You would have to place an extremely large amount of trust in people to lend money to them and expect them to return it.

The lending system isnt a bad idea, But you would definatly want to do it with say a white list, Allowing only specificly chosen players to borrow from the system.

Also to have a bot that is able to trade, you will need to contact Entropy or Roja and speak to them regarding a "real world" price.

The lending system isnt a bad idea, But you would definatly want to do it with say a white list, Allowing only specificly chosen players to borrow from the system.

Also to have a bot that is able to trade, you will need to contact Entropy or Roja and speak to them regarding a "real world" price.

I've thought alot about this (contact me if you need a coworker), and I just wanted to point out that you could take some item as security. Say for a 10k loan, you would take an item worth 12k as security, and keep it if the client did not pay you back...

I've thought alot about this (contact me if you need a coworker), and I just wanted to point out that you could take some item as security. Say for a 10k loan, you would take an item worth 12k as security, and keep it if the client did not pay you back...

Thats a top idea =)

NPC material i think, Maybe throw a post on it in suggestions? Then EL would have a use for those banks they have laying around.

Thats a top idea =)

NPC material i think, Maybe throw a post on it in suggestions? Then EL would have a use for those banks they have laying around.

One very tricky part is you need to value the item below the current ingame price, or someone will find was to cheat the system too easily. Even then, someone might cheat the system by using that as a wya to 'sell' items who's price is reasonable, but there isn't much demand.

One very tricky part is you need to value the item below the current ingame price, or someone will find was to cheat the system too easily. Even then, someone might cheat the system by using that as a wya to 'sell' items who's price is reasonable, but there isn't much demand.

agreed. Seriously undervalueing items, and only allowing say high level items to be traded would be a good way to prevent this. Then possibly locking a user out of the bank system, for say 12 months, because they didnt pay back the money within the alloted time, Might be a good start.

The finer points would definatly take some carefull evaluation. But overall doesnt seem perticually hard to do.

The provisions for banks exist in a lot of places already. the NPC's can basicly be designed at random, or if there are banks already mentioned in role play, taken from them.

If you were to value say a iron plate, at some silly low price, like 2k and for instance charge 10% for the loan, 1 loan at a time, they money needs to be payed back within 14 days, or 56 EL days, then you are locked out of taking any loan for 6 months and debt collectors could raid your storage every few days.

Infact that could make a cool random event, storage thiefs =)

Can we have this topic split to suggestions?

I want this bot for the storage of more players, such as the guild that i'm in, that everyone has an own bank account. I thought also of making it possible for other players to lend money to them and that they pay back automatically when they get some money. The people who borrow some money will pay about 5% more than they borrowed. I'd also like to have a "donate" function on it, so I can withdraw some money from my own bank account.

I am willing to pay for this bot, preferably in gc. Right now i'm not so rich yet, so you have plenty of time left, thinking and making. Pm me in the game, or email me pls, my ingame name is: Brador

Thx!

This was originally in bots, I am moving the loan suggestion conversation to here.

Ok there are a lot of ways that the system could be cheated but what if this:

Player goes to bot/NPC and asks for loan.

Loan is for say 14 EL days (would need to be online time, else someone could be off EL for a week and miss it)

Intrested charged at certain amount per day.

Character can pay back the loan at anytime within maximum time limit.

If they don't pay it back then player becomes PKable for a day. and their storage is radied for items covering the value. (not quite so sure how this would work)

can't just say you'll raid storage... what about illegal multiplaying, where a new char is created, takes as big a loan as possible, gives the cash away, then is forgotten? (or even if not illegal multiplaying, and you're doing this for other people... though this would still be exploiting a bug... sorta...)

and you can't tie it to what's in storage, because then they'll just borrow a couple of magic swords to get huge amounts of cash

How would you determine a "Credit Rating" for characters?

In RL, people are accountable and traceable.

In EL, characters can appear out of nowhere, and vanish forever.

Secured loans (El pawn shop) is a possiblity, but only in a stable economy (which we certainly do not have here).

Guest Brador

What if everybody that wants to have a loan needs to have at least 1 skill over 40? Then you can be quite sure that you are not scammed, because it takes a lot of time to reach that.

Then you can also create a special "Guild Loan" for starting guilds, where everyone of that guild can donate some cash, and if the guild does not pay it back in time, the guild is destroyed, and everyone gets his/her money back, and the leader can make a new guild in the next 3 real world days.

The best way to pay off is to let players choose, you can choose between 2 options:

- all the money that you make after you take the loan will automatically be sent to the bot/npc

- a more risky option, let players choose when to pay back, let them pick a time in real or EL time, and the time can't be longer than about a month or so (real world time), but if they do'nt pay back their IP Adress should be blocked and all the accounts of that person should be deleted.

Edited by Brador