Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Test server bugs

This is for bug reports on the new testing server (Port 2002).

You have to have a new client that is compiled with -DNEW_CLIENT and -DMULTI_CHANNEL to use this server. Any bug reports with an old client will waste our time, hence the release of 1.0.2 can become delayed - so don't use an old client (old meaning from yesterday!).

You will not be able to use the client compiled with -DNEW_CLIENT and -DMULTI_CHANNEL on the normal server. Or rather, you will, but it'd have many bugs since a lot of things changed in the client/server communication.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16345

Happy testing.

in glilins' temple, the benches on either side of the door are ethereal. I can sit or walk through them. also the doors through the coridor don't lead anywhere

also, posting to channel seems to go to the last one you joined, which will confuse people mightily. If the server can be set up to accept something like `@<3> selling my junk!' then the client can easily send the number of the currently open tab

also, if in chatlog or windowed_chat=0, you won't know what channel you're in. prefacing each message with the number may help, though for big numbers like guild chan this would be a killer

Edited by ttlanhil

when I did a #rule on myself, I got a disconnect (though able to log right back in).

after this, the multi channel went a bit wonky, I posted intending for ch1, but it went to chan 3. so I `#jc 1'ed, and posted again. it went to market channel again. and when in the market channel tab and posting, the tab changes back to newbie again.

after a `#lc 3', trying to post came up with the message "you are not on any channels". but #ci agrees that I'm on chan 1

a #lc 1 and #jc 1 has fixed it though

edit: just went to post in market channel, and when I posted the newbie tab came to the front again. I have %windowed_chat=1 in case that helps

the fact that it said "you are not on any channel" suggests that it's not (just) a client bug

Edited by ttlanhil

the rain is a lot more frequent outside than it is on main server, and it's quite commonly raining inside too :confused:

map bug: the plank on the WS->IP boat (WS side) goes through the hull

Edited by ttlanhil

The arena allows for posining a player from outside the pk area, Im assumeing all spells are usable like this, But havnt had a chance to check them all.

Is there no source location checking on spells?

In Vermor Castle at, 100,107 The Walls dont Meet Properly.

We reporting this stuff here too? or in map making?

- The new wraith, when you zoom in on him his name sinks into his head.

- I cannot talk in local without the server reconnecting....

Michelle_F - That is a feature not a bug :rolleyes:

180030[/snapback]

A feature that you can't get leather armour out of storage? (I got the same).

Other things I found:

* The 'temple' in Tarsengaard has gems on the pillar, I get 'you need inorganic nexus 4' when trying to harvest diamond, sapphire and emerald (seems harvestable), but no notice for ruby. Nothing when I use eye on the ruby as well. Don't know what they're all supposed to do, but I guess it should be the same.

* Tutorial quest problem: at first I didn't get notices when I clicked the bars for scouting quest. Later I did but then sometimes I get the message "you already touched this bar, move to the next" spamming my screen. Seems to be in the 'guild' tab chat (though I'm not in a guild). And I wasn't in a bar, finished tutorial quest, just seemed to happen at random moments. Not for some time now though.

Problems with guild. I couldn't create nor join guild with crafting at 51. With harversting at same level everything worked ok.

Isla Prima map is absolutely wrong centered, if you are standing on east coast on map you're in the sea.

Edited by vanyel

I keep getting and error saying: "Error intializing sound: invalid operation"

and i was doing the first quest and i get

"Great, move on to the mext bar, or, if you touched them all go back to the Tutorial NPC."

and keep getting a repeated number of times:

"You already thouched this bar, move to the next."

and im not even on that part now. :P

and the shadow of my character doesn't stay connected to my character, on low ground its ok but when i go higher up like on a hill, the shadow and character seperate. :blink:

I just noticed the same thing with some of the bushes too.

i have this feeling its not suppost to rain in the underworld but i could be wrong.

editting the EL.ini file for video and full screen stops working if launched before starting the game but works ok once in the game.

i well edit this file as i find new things instead of creating new post, so please check back often. :P

Edited by segacd

Your head goes inside the ship at Desert Pines [353, 315]... Hope this doesn't belong to map making... Haven't seen on main server

When setting EL config to launch in full-screen the program stops responding, launching in a window and then changing to full screen is fine though.

when trying to add myself to my buddy list (it makes me feel like I have more friends, gosh darn it!) it says I don't exist.

used to be (as in when it was working on main server) it'd say you can't add yourself

update: okay, trying to add myself with colour white got the old result... adding people with green was causing the 'person not found' message... but after using white it's working... weird

Edited by ttlanhil

while I was getting kelcha's diary, I found another bug.

use-clicking on it doesn't result in any text, but you can still continue the quest

This is really strange one...

I started in summoning 9 deers. Then I started to kill them.

When I tried to attack 2 last ones that were alive, I didn't attack it and got message to my chat log:

This looks like Kelcha's diary... Select the use button (pointing finger) and right-click to read it.

Confused, I tried to attack the another one that still was there. Again... Got another part of same quest...

Reading the last entry of the diary... etc etc

And, when writing this post, being AFK with my character, I got messages:

Great, move on to the next bar etc. etc.

And about 10 times this message:

You already touched this bar, move to the next.

And then:

The statue does not seem to respond...

I found out that people were doing the quest that says those things...

So I believe it some way shows the quest things on me even if I don't do the quest :brooding:

Edited by Choris

The main bug seems to be that Ttlanhil was doing the quest at same time I did nothing. When he did things that should have shown on him, they appeared on MY screen. And someone was probably doing newbie quest and tried to click the bar, without seeing the messages. I saw them.

:S

lord luxin said to talk to 'atakel', but her name when I went to see her was 'atekel'

going to windowed_chat=2 and back to 1 changes the length of the text displayed. going to console and back returns it to all of the screen

(I've done kelcha's quest previously)

I got the message that the flowers dissapeared (for when you drop yellow roses at her feet) in a diff channel. I dunno what one, just a new tab with 'channel' showed up. and I'm only on chan 1 according to #ci

the available resolutions in settings window has all (at x16) available... but my lappy can only do 640, 800, and 1024

I just got the finished lorpak "you gained 1000 manu exp" message... in market chan of all places. after asking, I found crannog had just finished that one(i did that quest a while ago)

and now I just went to the asiatic lilly for kelcha... and choris was getting the messages and I wasn't

update: I was probably first with the lorpak quest, and choris with the dream one... maybe the server is stuck on the first one to finish it (crannog's idea)

update2: choris has not done kelcha's quest, so it's probably not that afterall. I may still have been first with lorpak however

Edited by ttlanhil

I was in NC storage for this, in case it's a special case

after using the storage and going outside, the NPC window closed, but the storage window did not.

was trying to trade with lauralana near raven... she clicked me and I got the message, I clicked her and got the storage window... and I couldn't move because it thought I was trading. couldn't click her to trade either since it thought I was trading. she had to abort and drop a bag eventually

More about trading.

I was overloaded and traded with ttlanhil some gold and other stuff. I got gold, but rest just disappeared, no messages about being overloaded etc. Ttlanhil didn't got bones and vegies neither.

It's tested twice with diffrent ppl.

another mapbug

naralik, new cave/whatever

around 155,175

the door and on top of the building

edit:

and another... naralik insides, 53.12 (building is at naralik 128.58)

the objects are there but the walls and floor are not

Edited by ttlanhil

I tried deleting my char on the test srvr using #killme yes. After it said that the account was deleted and I was disconnected from the server, I was able to log in with the exact same username and pass.