Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fitzer

NPC should assign jobs

Ok, here the idea (and yes, i searched the forum before, +job +system).

Sometime (very often indeed) it happen that a player need gc. Ok, one can begin harvest/manufacture random items and sell to bot, but i don't really like it. It would be nice to have a job diary and a series of NPC offering random tasks, like "bring me 200 wolf furs" or "bring me 100 silver ore" and a quotation higher than normal, is a job after all, you ask them for a purpose and i must spend my time on it. I think it wouldn't be so hard to implement it, the server know the stats of a player and it gives task according to the skill/knowledge level. The skill is random, like "harvesting" -> level 38 -> knowledge: sapphire mining -> EMU capacity 300 -> bring me 900 sapphire i'll give you xgc*900. Or "alchemy" -> level 20 -> bring me 400 Earth Essence, i'll pay xgc*400.

This way also allow a player to focus on different skills (they are random, remember?), and then they have gc.

Ok, that's all :icon13:

I'll shorten your post for you:

"More quests plz"

No :icon13: Quests are tasks with a story, jobs are random assigned. It's really different. I saw mmorpg with both quests and jobs, and this system works fine imho. Even if it will not be implemented in EL it worth a try to post it in the forum :)

Actually Acelon had written up an npc that had done exactly this. You go to it and are assigned a job and get a reward/paid for it.

I forgot now why this never came about, probably a lack of coders, but it was a long time ago. I think it was listed in a quest forum section that no longer exists so obviously nobody would find it by searching. I'll send Acelon over here and he can let us know what happened to that. This would generally fall under the banner of Quests though, same principle.

Hi :icon8:

I do have a NPC planned that gives out "Temp Jobs" in the Palon Vertas Adventurer's Post. We'll work on getting her added as soon as possible!

Hi :)

I do have a NPC planned that gives out "Temp Jobs" in the Palon Vertas Adventurer's Post. We'll work on getting her added as soon as possible!

Well, if you need help on thinking how it should work i'm available. I can't write on C, but i used to use scripting language, so i know how this thing have to be done... i just don't know C syntax :hiya:

Ok, here the idea (and yes, i searched the forum before, +job +system).

Sometime (very often indeed) it happen that a player need gc. Ok, one can begin harvest/manufacture random items and sell to bot, but i don't really like it. It would be nice to have a job diary and a series of NPC offering random tasks, like "bring me 200 wolf furs" or "bring me 100 silver ore" and a quotation higher than normal, is a job after all, you ask them for a purpose and i must spend my time on it. I think it wouldn't be so hard to implement it, the server know the stats of a player and it gives task according to the skill/knowledge level. The skill is random, like "harvesting" -> level 38 -> knowledge: sapphire mining -> EMU capacity 300 -> bring me 900 sapphire i'll give you xgc*900. Or "alchemy" -> level 20 -> bring me 400 Earth Essence, i'll pay xgc*400.

This way also allow a player to focus on different skills (they are random, remember?), and then they have gc.

Ok, that's all :hiya:

pm me in game, I can pretend to be an npc and give you lots of jobs......