Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Fight for your country

sweden:

pros-

-nice, free country

-nice, almost tropical summer

-fast internet everywhere (0.5-30 mbit in the phoneline)

-the most internetusing contry/inhabitants in the worsld :D

cons-

-winter: below -30* degr

-highest taxes worldwide (almost)

-more, and even mosre taxes for stupid things

-a bad government for the time beeing

alot mosre, but i dont have the time now :P

Wasn't it Sweden with a murdered minister? That'd explain the bad government :| Dunno for sure though.

And heck, you're so right, Sweden is beautiful :D

(To Izzy: I'm not stupid enough to touch such a frog :P Maybe I'll send you some poison in a bottle labeled 'Wine' :D)

Wasn't the rightwing gay politician assassinated in the Netherlands? Funny concept come to think of it...right wing gay politician. Respect the Hat!

Texas: (bigger than most countries, so what the heck)

Pros:

even though its so populated, theres still lotsa open space

you can play pretty much any sport

friendly people

original six-flags theme park

great education (not compared to the world, just compared to the rest of the country)

teh alamo

hot hot girls

Cons:

Bush came from here

everybody thinks we're cowboys and ranchcers

bad baseball team (rangers)

really hot most of the time

no frequent alien-sightings

jfk assassination

U.S.A.

Pros:

We kick ass in most sports. (baseball, basketball, football (not soccer)

Are movies are the best in the world.... i.e. ( lord of the rings, matrix, and bear in the big blue house the movie.)

We gave the world Pam Anderson. Which reminds me we gave the world breast implants to.

Cons:

We take all of are freedoms for granted

We have government that always seems to mishandle foreign affairs

We not only elected George Bush Sr. but his son George W. Bush aswell.

Thought we might have picked up on that idiot gene sooner.

I vote for the Netherlands, although I live in Denmark...

I got a bit surprised when Wytter voted for Denmark, but reading the rest of his post, yeah, I recognize what he's talking about, and those are some of the reasons for not selecting this country. Being more right wing, I wouldn't say that the right wing politicians are the problem. It's politicians in general. Sometimes I believe that to become a politician in Denmark, you have to score a negative value on an IQ test.

Oh, and the weather here sucks too, 90% of the time.

The weather in Denmark sucks, and then you vote for the Netherlands??

I vote for the Netherlands, although I live in Denmark...

I got a bit surprised when Wytter voted for Denmark, but reading the rest of his post, yeah, I recognize what he's talking about, and those are some of the reasons for not selecting this country. Being more right wing, I wouldn't say that the right wing politicians are the problem. It's politicians in general. Sometimes I believe that to become a politician in Denmark, you have to score a negative value on an IQ test.

Well actually I just needed to vent some frustrations, and this was a good thread to do write this in :P I do not think that Denmark is a particularly good country, and I simply do not know what country qualifies as being good :) The way I understood the topic we were to vote for our own country hence I wrote my views on what Denmark has become.

USA! because... we... uh....

go USA!!!!

what he said ...

The weather in Denmark sucks, and then you vote for the Netherlands??

I don't know about the weather there, but everything else seems to be better.

No offense, but this topic seems kinda pointless. There is no best country. They all suck in some way. There is always going to be something wrong with the government. The better the weather, the more bugs there will be.

And even if one country really is better than the others, trop's statement in his sig applies pretty well here.

I must agree with ShadowKnight. By the time you get through opinions, governments, weather, size, and all those other things, you can't tell which is best. Only which 50 are the top of the list, and which 50 are the bottom.

I live in the US, so might as well throw in my 2 cents about American 'freedom'. While the adults, as a group are free to make whatever changes there are, individual freedom doesn't go so far. A single person can't change legislature. (good or bad? don't know) and kids are forced to spend their best learning years in the worst place for learning: American schools. Bah, more like American torture traps. crazy teachers, obsurd requirements, the most pointless assignments you can dream up (Example: in chemistry we had to learn how to name an element or compound that no one has ever seen before. Can I get a show of hands on the number of people who have needed to know that? what is it, like .000001% of the population? perhaps, if we stretch it, 1 million people out of the 12 or so billion that has ever lived on earth. but we still spent a week learning it.) Yep, all around, America has some freedoms other places don't have, but too many beaurocratic and administrative morons who ruin it all.

(BTW, Russia most likely had the largest empire ever, as far as size goes anyway, and Germany had most of Europe there for a while, and the Spanish sure had a lot of South America too)

Example: in chemistry we had to learn how to name an element or compound that no one has ever seend before. Can I geta show of hands on the number of people have needed to know that?

*waves hand*

what is it, like .00000001% of the population? perhaps, if we stretch it, 1 million people out of the 100 or so trillion that has ever lived on earth.

Actually, there are now about...what...6 billion people living on earth. That's more than the number of ppl that have died so far. So let's say that about 12 billion people have ever lived. .00000001% of that is 1.2 person. I think more people than that need to know it :P

but we still spent a week learning it

You spent a whole week on it? Ok, than your school system is bad...

BTW, Russia most likely had the largest empire ever, as far as size goes anyway, and Germany had most of Europe there for a while, and the Spanish sure had a lot of South America too

Actually, Spain had a large part of Europe at one point in history as well.

Guest Toyminator
The Netherlands!

We get like way too many languages at school (you gotta take 'm all, can't choose 'm or something): Dutch, English, German, French (and if you're smart enough: Latin and Old-Greek)

Lol I have Latin and old greek, its sucks

u.s.a. rules, why?1 no drunk 12 year olds 2 yes schools suck but we have some of the best collages in the world 3 i live here, that makes it like the #1 coolist country in the world :wink: 4 gay people scar most of us 5 CALIFORNIA! 6 DRUG'S ARE ILEGLE 7 religes freedom :) why u.s.a. stinks, 1 california has a movie star for a govenor :roll: 2 tennesee hick's and red neck's :roll: 3 lot's of other thing's im just getting bored so im gonna stop 8)

1 no drunk 12 year olds

Yeah I always hate it when I have to kick them from the street in the morning, here in the Netherlands :?

2 yes schools suck but we have some of the best collages in the world

Actually, the US are not known for their good educational system. Good research, but hardly any good education.

3 i live here, that makes it like the #1 coolist country in the world

Since I don't know you, I can't comment on that.

4 gay people scar most of us

They scar you??? And you think that's good!?

Or did you mean scare? Still don't understand why that's good, though.

5 CALIFORNIA!

Wouldn't know, still have to go there.

6 DRUG'S ARE ILEGLE

Yes, that must make you the best country in the world.

7 religes freedom

Yeah, unless of course you're neither Christian nor Jewish. Try explaining people you're an atheist...

Oh, and things like "collages", "coolist", "ILEGLE", "religes", "govenor", seriously defy point nr. 2

Oh, and things like "collages", "coolist", "ILEGLE", "religes", "govenor", seriously defy point nr. 2

Sure makes me proud to be an American.

1. America does have drunk 12 year olds

2. American schools suck, but thankfully we have a shorter school year than some countries.

3. I don't think that's solid proof

4. What's wrong with gay people? I could care less what they do as long as they don't do anything sexual around me.

5. California has it's flaws.

6. No they aren't. I could go to the drug store and get some right now. If you are referring to things like cocaine, just because they are illegal doesn't mean they aren't used.

7. A lot of countries have that now.

1. Reagan wasn't a bad president.

2.That's just a stereotype.

lol, I think everybody just ripped on Alderan... but I must add one. I have been to California, and I describe it like this...

One day in 1884, God tipped all of America. Everybody who wasn't smart enough to grab onto something fell to California. There they have lived ever since, with a few almost intelligent people who move there to direct movies. (and I use the words 'almost intelligent' loosely)

sry about the math error Grum. I meant .00001% of the population. I didn't know the 6 billion thingy tho. and yes, one week on that. Why? cause the other fools in my class didn't understand it, and the whole idea isn't to make the smart ones smarter and the dumb ones smart, it's to make the dumb ones smarter and the smart ones get fat by making them fall asleep in class everyday. (just so you know, I'm pretty skinny :) )

You're right, Spain did have lots for a while... course, if we're being fair, the Arabs (right term here?) conquered a lot of area too. I didn't mention Rome cause it was said earlier. The Greeks had lots as well... but I still think Russia with it's empire and satallite states had the largest (not greatest tho)

ILEGLE
scar
we have some of the best collages in the world

Yes. These collages, do they teach you how to spell? or was that missed?

Yeah, unless of course you're neither Christian nor Jewish. Try explaining people you're an atheist...

I'm an athiest. Jews kick-ass! OMFG! They are so much cooler than CHhristians. Christians are all like

Jesus Loves you

and they are all brainwashed. I don't see why people hate Jews, what did they ever do? Kill Jesus? He didn't exsist, go fuck yourself and get back to reality.