Leeloo

Whips

Now THIS is a whip:

I would recommend you remove the red plastic before using it :rolleyes:

ROFL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

*sigh*

Okay, back on topic..

Leather Whip

Ingredients: 8 Leather, 2 Thread, 1 Steel Bar.

Nexus to Wear: Human 1

Nexus to make: Artificial 1

Manu Level: 10

Manu exp: 60

Tools: Hammer, Needle

Effect: Dmg: 4-9. +4 accuracy, +1 critical to damage, -3 defense

Snakeskin Whip

Ingredients: 4 Green Snake Skins, 2 Red Snake Skins, 1 Brown Snake skin, 3 Thread

Nexus to Wear: Human 2

Nexus to make: Artificial 2, Animal 1

Manu Level: 24

Manu exp: 110

Tools: Needle

Effect: Dmg: 12-15. +6 accuracy, +2 critical to damage, -3 defense.

Basically, whips are accurate, but absolutely useless at defense.

-Lyn-

maybe it should have more critical damage?

hmmz... what does this make you think of??

Cat o' 9 tails

maces

daggers

knifes

clubs

scimitars

pick one, we could use them all.

uh.. if i remember well all these wapeons are used in runescape. grrr... hate it to say that word only. :)

exept the cat o' 9 tails.

Edited by lobonar

I had asked for whips a while back, but then Roja would have to redesign the leather outfits.

Just curious, why?

Are you an eunuch? :) j/k...

Anyway, maybe we can get the axes ingame (manu or drop) and then make the whips what you need USD for B)

Cat o' 9 tails

maces

daggers

knifes

clubs

scimitars

uh.. if i remember well all these wapeons are used in runescape. grrr... hate it to say that word only. :)

They are all also used in BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2 + all expansions... exceot the cat o' 9 tails and knives..because they are the same as daggers in those games...

Cat o' 9 tails

maces

daggers

knifes

clubs

scimitars

since when does run escape have clubs?

Actually, that post about the Mace gives me a idea!

How about adding a factor of certain weapons having a greater probablity of braking or otherwise destroying a player's armor, added along with the normal weapon factors of Attack, Defense, Critical, and Accuracy. I mean making it an innated effect of the weapon itself and not just the odd amount of damage an Armor may take that determines whether or not an armor would brake.

A Mace for example would have a much greater chance of shattering a player's Armor then a sword while a Whip, on the otherhand, would be more likely to brake itself then any form of armor.

A Mace would have a very low Accuracy and Defense while having a very high Attack Damage and Critical!

Anyway, just a thought.

And if we are going to do something like that we could also make it like this. Person with whip vs. person with sword...the whip has a much greater chance of breaking because the sword is so sharp.

On the other hand, the guy with the sword should have a lower chance of hitting than getting hit, since whips are usually longer than swords. If you stay out of the whips range, the sword is useless. But if you move closer you are going to get hit multiple times before getting close enough to use the sword.

Unless we're talking about glass-studded whips (nagaika), metal whips (scourge), or barbed whips, a whip would do something in the vicinity of 1-2 damage. Any human, even in real life, can take 50 whip lashes and suffer only from some bleeding and bruises. Also a whip is very hard to control.

The true power lies in its ability to trip (whip around opponent's leg and a quick pull), or disarming opponent (same method, use weapon as target), or restriction of the opponent. All these methods require a lot of training (in EL standards, you might have to read a "Whip Training/Mastery" book or something).

I had asked for whips a while back, but then Roja would have to redesign the leather outfits.

Just curious, why?

Coz whips are kinky so the leather outfit would have to follow suit - you know BLACK leather or even PVC. Then he would have to make black masks as well! :blink:

Coz whips are kinky so the leather outfit would have to follow suit - you know BLACK leather or even PVC. Then he would have to make black masks as well! :)

PVC ?! :o:blink:

*looks at Adyna's masked pic*

Oh now I get it ^_^

*cracks a whip*

Bad news reporter girl ! :P

Just curious, why?

Coz whips are kinky so the leather outfit would have to follow suit - you know BLACK leather or even PVC. Then he would have to make black masks as well! :blink:

Hmm...so black leather is kinkier than brown.

Thanks for the tip!

Well, putting aside the 'kink' part of this thread (just for now :blink: ), what i think we really need is a weapon better then Serp, and much rarer - say only very rare fluffy and chimmie drop or buyable at a very high price at a NPC.

That goes for armours too.

Or how about Stats requirements to use those, coord or attack for weapons, phyz or deff for armours?

Or about 6-10 human nexuses?

Edited by Paladin

Well, putting aside the 'kink' part of this

Or how about Stats requirements to use those, coord or attack for weapons, phyz or deff for armours?

Or about 6-10 human nexuses?

Phys/Coord requirements isnt a bad idea for weaponry. Could be a little easy to obtain however. If an item is rare, it should be very hard to obtain the pre-requisites to use/wear it.

thread (just for now  :blink:  ), what i think we really need is a weapon better then Serp, and much rarer - say only very rare fluffy and chimmie drop or buyable at a very high price at a NPC.

That goes for armours too.

This has been suggested so many times. However, I dont think rare items should be available to buy from NPC's. There are some very rich players out there which could buy outright. Secondly, its only a matter of time until you can afford the prices.

Edited by Placid

i want a whip in el .

so i can role play as indiania jone u know the char in indiana jone and the lost ark the movie u know

ME WANT WHIP

;)

its indiana jones,not indiana jones,i ment jone being jones im not sure if im spelling indiana right LOL

Well, naturally, the whip is going to require a high Dexterity stat. Try using something like a belt for a weapon irl and see how it is to swack and return, then do again. Not easy to use effectively.

Whips are a good idea. The animation would be harder than a stiff weapon, such as a sword or axe or hammer. The way i would do it, is to make it have three or four or five joints...

Whips would be somewhat weak weapons... would have to be the first manufactured weapon. Of course, someone commented on barbed whips above... thats a good idea...

Edited by Hammen