Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Kerry's Concession Speech (draft)

My fellow Americans, the people of this nation have spoken, and spoken

with a clear voice. So I am here to offer my concession.

[boos, groans, rending of garments]

I concede that I overestimated the intelligence of

the American people. Though the people disagree with the President on

almost every issue, you saw fit to vote for him. I never saw that coming.

That's really special.

And I mean "special" in the sense that we use it to describe those kids who ride the short school bus and find ways to injure themselves while eating pudding with rubber spoons. That kind of special.

I concede that I misjudged the power of hate. That's pretty powerful stuff, and I didn't see it. So let me take a moment to congratulate the President's strategists: Putting the gay marriage amendments on the ballot in various swing states like Ohio... well, that was just genius. Genius. It got people, a certain kind of people, to the

polls.

The unprecedented number of folks who showed up and cited "moral values" as their biggest issue, those people changed history. The folks who consider same sex marriage a more important issue than war, or terrorism, or the economy...

Who'd have thought the election would belong to them? Well, Karl Rove did. Gotta give it up to him for that. [boos.]

Now, now. Credit where it's due.

I concede that I put too much faith in America's youth. With 8 out of 10 of you

opposing the President, with your friends and classmates dying daily in a war you disapprove of, with your future being mortgaged to pay for rich old peoples' tax breaks, you somehow managed to sit on your asses and watch the Cartoon Network while aging homophobic hillbillies carried the day. You voted with the exact same anemic percentage that you did in 2000. You suck. Seriously, y'do. [Cheers, applause]

Thank you. Thank you very much.

There are some who would say that I sound bitter, that now is the time for healing, to bring the nation together. Let me tell you a little story. Last night, I watched the returns come in with some friends. As the night progressed, people began to talk

half-seriously about secession, a red state / blue state split. The reasoning was this:

We in blue states produce the vast majority of the wealth in this country and pay the most taxes, and you in the red states receive the majority of the money from those taxes while complaining about 'em.

We in the blue states are the only ones who've been attacked by foreign terrorists, yet you in the red states are gung ho to fight a war in our name. We in the blue states produce the entertainment that you consume so greedily each day, while you in the red states show open disdain for us and our values. Blue state civilians are the actual victims and targets of the war on terror, while red state civilians are the ones standing behind us and yelling "Oh, yeah!? Bring it on!"

More than 40% of you Bush voters still believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11. I'm impressed by that, truly I am. Your sons and daughters who might die in this war know it's not true, the people in the urban centers where al Qaeda wants to attack know it's not true, but those of you who are at practically no risk believe this easy lie because you can. As part of my concession speech, let me say

that I really envy that luxury. I concede that.

Healing? We, the people at risk from terrorists, the people who subsidize you, the people who speak in glowing and respectful terms about the heartland of America while that heartland insults and excoriates us... we wanted some healing. We spoke loud and clear. And you refused to give it to us, largely because of your high moral values. You knew better: America doesn't need its allies, doesn't need to share the burden, doesn't need to unite the world, doesn't need to provide for its future. Hell no. Not

when it's got a human shield of pointy-headed, atheistic, unconfrontational breadwinners who are willing to pay the bills and play nice in the vain hope of winning a vote that we can never have. Because we're "morally inferior," I suppose, we are supposed to respect your values while you insult ours. And the big joke here is that for 20 years, we've done just that.

It's not a "ha-ha" funny joke, I realize, but it's a joke all the same.

And I make this pledge to you today: THIS time, next time, there will be no pandering. This time I will run with all the open and joking contempt for my opponents that our President demonstrated towards the cradle of liberty, the Ivy League intellectuals, the "media elite," and the "white-wine sippers." This time I will not pretend that the simple folk of America know just as much as the people who devote their lives to serving and studying the nation and the world. They don't.

So that's why I'm asking for your vote in 2008, America. I'm talking to you, you ignorant, slack-jawed yokels, you bible-thumping, inbred drones, you redneck,

racist, chest-thumping, perennially duped grade-school grads. Vote for me, because I know better, and I truly believe that I can help your smug, sorry asses. Thank you, and may God, if he does in fact exist, bless each and every one of you.

And I mean "special" in the sense that we use it to describe those kids who ride the short school bus and find ways to injure themselves while eating pudding with rubber spoons. That kind of special.

So that's why I'm asking for your vote in 2008, America. I'm talking to you, you ignorant, slack-jawed yokels, you bible-thumping, inbred drones, you redneck,

Pretty strong stuff from the guy who said:

http://images.radcity.net/5145/792261.mp3

So you think that you posting a transcript of his concession speech we will vote for him instead of Bush? I'm gonna elect Bush for a third term!

that the real speach?

heh, if only

the real speech, gay as it is, is here

Edited by stasia

Pretty strong stuff from the guy who said:

http://images.radcity.net/5145/792261.mp3

So you think that you posting a transcript of his concession speech we will vote for him instead of Bush? I'm gonna elect Bush for a third term!

EDIT: Erm nevermind .....

I think I have to agree with Ent ....

I know you will, you are a very special person.
Edited by Jebus

If anything, it's the blue states that show disdain for the red ones. How many more times do you hear a yankee say "dumb hicks" than a redneck say "damn yank"?

About 350 more times for one.

Vote for me! I am the one allmighty god. Pay me $10 and I will throw a bolt on Bush and this time I will

not miss. *sigh*

I am only sad that people who were fighting for their freedom to decide and choose wasn't voting.

It is kinda sad.

Regards.

...How many more times do you hear a yankee say "dumb hicks" than a redneck say "damn yank"?

i'm beginning to suspect there is a reason for this...

...How many more times do you hear a yankee say "dumb hicks" than a redneck say "damn yank"?

i'm beginning to suspect there is a reason for this...

:rolleyes:

lol i found this

"Kitchen Gods" (Modern Western mythology).....

The Parking Fairy - Responsible for finding parking spaces

The Traffic Light Fairy - Changes the color of traffic lights

The Code Fairy - Eats semicolons from source code, causing working computer software to stop working

OMG, lol, rofl!

:) Oh, yes. Im sorta sad the idiot didnt win. I was looking forward to some Southern person putting a bullet in him. I mean it is just that every president that has been elected that pissed the South off in some way or another has ended up with a bullet in them. Except one. Im not sure if ummmm what is in name. He can before Roosevelt. Ummmm anyways it is just that lets see Lincoln and Kenny both were screwing with the South and you see what happened to them. Kerry was also going to do the same. Gay marriage something most Christian Southerns see as wrong and nasty. Well being gay is as bad as being gay and marriaged. Lets see ummmm screwing up the plans for Iraq. That would have been a good one Kerry. Yeah after soldiers have already died lets go ahead and pull out and waste what good the ones that have already died have done. Also something to point out most of the soldiers that are fighting over there are from the Bloody Red Bush States. OH well I'm tired of flaming, ill wait and find a new thread tomorrow or later to post in this is really good for stress. Now ill wait for people to flame back and point out all of the stupid things that I said. Then I can laugh at them.

If anything, it's the blue states that show disdain for the red ones. How many more times do you hear a yankee say "dumb hicks" than a redneck say "damn yank"?

Well now, that all depends on where you're from, doesn't it?

Down here in Florida, I here "Damn Yank" almost 350 times a day (even more so during the election) but I suppose it's the other way around if I was living up north!

Anyway, I can will say is, Time will tell.........

And I have a very bad feeling that we won't have to worry about the 2008 election......

John Milton: AKA Al Pacino "Devil's Advocate"

Eddie Barzoon.

Eddie Barzoon!

Ha! I nursed him through two divorces, a cocaine rehab, and a pregnant receptionist.

God's creature, right?

God's special creature?

Ha! And I've warned him, Kevin, I've warned him every step of the way.

Watching him bounce around like a fucking game, like a wind-up toy!

Like 250 pounds of self-serving greed on wheels!

The next thousand years is right around the corner, Kevin, and Eddie Barzoon--take a good look.

Because he's the poster child for the next millennium!

These people, it's no mystery where they come from.

You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it could split atoms with its desire, you build egos the size of cathedrals, fiberopticly connect the world to every-eager-impulse, grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green gold-played fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor!

Becomes his own God!

Where can you go from there?

And as for scrambling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet?

As the air thickens, the water sours, even the bees honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity--and it just keeps coming!

And it just keeps coming!

Faster and faster!

There's no chance to think, to prepare, it's `buy futures, sell futures' when there is no future!!

We've got a runaway train, boy!!

We've got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future.

Every one of them reading to fist-fuck God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out with their pristine cybernetic keyboards to total up their billable hours!!

And then it hits home!

It's a little late in the game to buy out now!!

Your belly's too full, your dick is sore, your eyes are bloodshot, and you're screaming for someone to help!!

But guess what?

There's no one there!!

You're all alone, Eddie!!

[mocking] You're God's special little creature!!

Maybe it's true. Maybe God threw the dice once too often. Maybe He let us all down.

Just a little dialogue from a movie that stands as one of my favorites of all time.

I did not hate Bush II before the election... but I do now. That smug self-righteous son of a bitch can take his "armies of compassion" and "faith based initiatives" and everyone that voted for him and shove them straight up his ass.

I cant believe there are more backwoods inbred trailer park trash in this country than there are people with common sense...I'm pissed.

"Vote Values"????? You got to be shitting me...the sanctity of marriage value? Let me see if I can understand this, you dumb red-necked rural fucks can cheat on your spouses Monday, rape your children in a drunken frenzy on Tuesday, get divorced on Wednesday, remarried to your cousins on Thursday, beat your new wife on Friday, make excuses on Saturday, and be forgiven on Sunday. Now, somewhere between Sunday night and starting your cycle all over again the next Monday you ignorant fucks have the audacity to even imply that you give a damn about the sanctity of marriage? Bullshit.

This election was stolen on several invalid issues. People are too damned concerned about the morals of others. I personally work with the “no harm†principal. If your actions do not directly harm another then live and let live. I can’t see where gay marriage harms anyone directly or indirectly for that matter. But maybe it’s just because I don’t give a shit what other consenting adults choose to do with one another, especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I am growing increasingly angry with these high and mighty moralist fucks. They absolutely can’t mind their own damn business, and quit telling other people how to live their lives. AAARRRRRRGGGG!!!!!!

BTW, great concession speech Ent, I only wish that were the actual version I heard.

Salutations.