Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

storage

i think it is to easy to get storge i think that when you can get your own house that sould be the only place you can store your stuff and i would like to be able to see what i have like when u clike on the bag icon

The storage is limited to only 50 items.

:shock: Never knew that...'course, I've never had 50 items to store before ;)

But thats cool, houses have another 50...how will they store it in houses?

Will there be a personal npc, like a maid/butler?

Perhaps chests/closets/etc can be like an npc? Then, if so, perhaps they could get even more advanced (though I guess simpler is better for the time being :| but maybe when you guys have more time on your hands) I.E., for a chest: Click use icon on them, asks "What would you like to do, [name]?" and you can withdraw or deposit, just like storage. However, with chests, you can only deposit items such as weapons, armor, magic items, etc. Cupboards can only store food and drinks, Closets can only store clothing (fur cloaks, change of clothes...if you're still going to do those, capes, etc.), perhaps a locked safe for money, and you get a certain combination that you have to enter to open it, etc.

Umm...yea...those are my ideas for house storage :P

And also...if you get the p2p for free, you still have to pay to have a house, right?

i would like to be able to see what i have like when u clike on the bag icon

I like his idea. Partly because I think the current way is time consuming and if you don't know which category an item falls under, you have to search around, also when you want to withdraw/deposite a specific number of items you have to go through the process mutiple times especially when you want to withdraw/deposite more that 20k gold.

So when you would click on an npc you would have the option "buy/sell" and it would bring up both your inventory and the merchants inventory (like in Morrowind). Then when you would right click on one of the items it would tell you: how much you would receive/or pay for that item, other info, etc... When you would left click it would buy/sell the number of items that was specified and those items would be added to the pertaining inventory (the total cost/gain would be displayed at the bottom), but the transaction would not be final until the user clicked |OK|.

I think this part of his suggestion should be added to the "To Do" list, that is if no one has a problem with the idea. I would volunteer to program it myself but I have very little C skills and would waste alot of time on being stupid. IMHO it would be easy to code if you stole alot of code from the interface.c file.

If you have any thoughts on this subject please reply.

Sorry I took so much time explaining my thoughts, its just that sometimes stupid people flame you because they are too dumb to understand what was said and try to feel smart by saying "blah blah blah, me is dumb". I don't mind questions and comments but when a flame is uncalled for, I hate it.

...uh...who flamed you? o.O There was nothing wrong with you explanation post...

im glade that one of my ideas was liked "smiles at white rabbit" but with my other idea i was thinking, why whould someone just store your stuff in there shop (or whatever) i think u should have to pay for it like 1k for 10 items or somethink like that

And also...if you get the p2p for free, you still have to pay to have a house, right?

Houses are bought with in-game money, I think.

Absolutely! Absolutely! Absolutely, I agree fullhearthedly that the Storage Menu Must be remade! It's more then annoying but also there are too many options to go through plus the Gliches make it frustrating! Way too much clicking in this game as it is. This is not a desirable means if you'd like this game to become Player-Friendly.

The storage thing will be EVENTUALLY changed, but I have no plans to do this soon, as there are more important things to be done now, and, of course, people don't spend THAT much time stroing/retriving items from the storage.

maybe add a sum total of how much things u have in storage maybe even list half of the items on grims/willams welcome screen