Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Post Your Mature Ideas About The Harvesting

I want to say thanks for changing the teleporting thing! I'm level 15 att and send to South kilaran, needless to say EEEP! I agree with the changes you propose and thing that would make everyone happy, and still keep macroers at bay.

Im sorry but i am about 99% sure that questions will do no good in the long run. it will probably create a solution for maybe a month or 2 till some programmer goes and dl's the source to the game and creates his auto-answerer. You would be surprised at how accurate those things are.

Im working on thinking up ideas but im more focus'd on the economy at current time.

I don't know all too much about programming, But only the client is open source, if the questions were server sided, wouldn't they still have the same problem?

Sry i should have been a lot more clear on that post but i've typed like 500 lines since i got out of class. Even if the source wasnt available the lack of anti-hack would mean you could run a program such as olleyDGB and dissassemble the game in real time. it auto-updates everytime a value is changed so that you can anallyze exactly whats going on. I used it to help me create my auto-login script "my pw is num-pad friendly which doesnt work with EL @_@ so i did the next best thign"

Olley would allow you to find every bit of information you could need to make a hack if you can read and understand assembly.

Also i dont believe the packets are encrypted. "I did try filtering the recieved packet for failed harvest but whenever it failed and tried to filter it just disconnected me" so i guess that might be some form of anti-hack :blink:

Hello all,

first of all - for me its impossible now to go on in the game with these changes.

I agree here with Piper's suggestion and maybe it would be the easiest one to implement:

To teleport the harvesters after the exp cap some meters away from the ore. That would prevent macroing and doesnt p*ss off honest players.

My 0.02 €,

Enderoth

i think its fine the way it is

no, it was fine the way it was, entropy made a poll about his last idea, and he took what we said, and disregarded the idea. this idea, should of had some form of planning, maybe a poll, and THEN introduction, so these little niggles wudn't be here now, and everyone wudn't be flaming their asses off.....

my 2 pennies

hmm, how about we remove the exp aspect of harvesting? that way the only thing stopping people from harvesting high items are books, gear and nexuses? why do people harvest anyways? skill or money?

Sry i should have been a lot more clear on that post but i've typed like 500 lines since i got out of class. Even if the source wasnt available the lack of anti-hack would mean you could run a program such as olleyDGB and dissassemble the game in real time. it auto-updates everytime a value is changed so that you can anallyze exactly whats going on. I used it to help me create my auto-login script "my pw is num-pad friendly which doesnt work with EL @_@ so i did the next best thign"

Olley would allow you to find every bit of information you could need to make a hack if you can read and understand assembly.

Also i dont believe the packets are encrypted. "I did try filtering the recieved packet for failed harvest but whenever it failed and tried to filter it just disconnected me" so i guess that might be some form of anti-hack :blink:

You can't do that with the questions on the server. The only thing that will be sent to the client is the question and possible answers, and the reply will be A, B or C (or D or...) Next time it will be a different question, and in a month when some asshole has collected the answer to all the questions, we'll just make some new questions. Simple questions are easy to make, so it won't be a problem to change them once or twice a month.

What's the color of the sun?

A: Yellow

B: Blue

C: Green

D: Black

Hrm since everyone seems to disagree with me if the questions are added i will get a few friends to work on a prog to answer the questions "btw u guys realize this is done by other people not some script right? they would be able to see my question and list of answers and be able to answer it for me." Im not shutting down the idea and as ive said in another thread it will probably be a good update till some serious hackers come.

Again, these questions are a silly idea.

Like phuzion said, its only a matter of time, until some1 will have a serious look at that and break it.

If you wanna make it safe, let the client send a 4 digit number the player has to type in.

And to prevent the using of OCR to scan the numbers and retype them automatically, use pictures for the 4 digits with a fuzzy back- and foreground. So the pictures are still readable but OCR will fail. If im right, you can see this at http://www.register.com when asking for infos on domain names.

All you need is 10 pictures for the 10 digits..

But after all posts, i believe, that my idea of teleporting players some steps away from the resources is the best, because easy to implement.

I really would love the idea someone came up with of ressources with a maximum capacity and respawning ressources on other places. That would be brilliant! But i fear, a huge amount of rework to do.

My 2 cents.

Piper

What's the color of the sun?

A: Yellow

B: Blue

C: Green

D: Black

This is too hard!!!! I cannto find the answer anwhere on google!!!!

at least give us a

WARNING: SUN IS BRIGHTER THEN IT APPEARS

or something B)

Teleporting to a distance away sound like the best Answer. Short, Simple and doesn't cause too much Havoc for non-Macroers. Also, having more random Monster/Animal attacks in Mnes. Or at lease something that'll keep players to reset their positions. Like, instead of letting Rocks fall on your head, make the character "Jump back" (e.g. Walk away) from the wall. To recover, legitimite Miners only need to walk back. Maybe even turning the screen 180, although that may not be needed.

Another thought I had was making the "Monster Magitisim" Perk/Cape only work as long as a Player is moving. That way, It'll stop players from doing anyting AFK with hostiles around. It'll hurt Miners a bit ...... or maybe a lot, but like this doesn't now? Just a thought.

A thought in another direction: how about making resources depletable? After harvesting all the resources at a spot they will deplete, and regenrate over time. This probably should be done on a per-player basis and not global, so one player won't finish the whole resource for everyone.

A thought in another direction: how about making resources depletable? After harvesting all the resources at a spot they will deplete, and regenrate over time. This probably should be done on a per-player basis and not global, so one player won't finish the whole resource for everyone.

This has been posted about 100 times.

as for the simple moving back pfft thats childsplay

anyone that has even 1 days knowledge of a macro program can set it to recover from that. "its not even too hard to walk back from a long range tele" all it consists of is setting up waypoints and sending packets such as #beam me up to get back to a known destination.

phuz you need to calm down your gonig hangwire for an offtopic post and your calling me an idiot and stuff.

umm when did i call you an idiot? also how am i off-topic ^^^

This thread is based around harvesting and the problem people have with harvesting is macroers "this is the root problem not the little problems cause by new update" macroers were the cause of this update so my post is in no way off-topic sorry. Have a good day.

also your grammar is extremely hard to understand sorry if i misinterpreted anything.

Man i really feel sorry if you think im dissing you. I have no anger with you or anyone else here unless they express it with me. i simply stated that i wasnt 100% sure on how your grammer was meant to be taken. U can relax :) phuz isnt waiting behind that next corner to slit your throat or anything "hides knife"

edit-

could this post plz be removed later or either i will just edit it w/ something usefull.

edit-

Oooh ! i see where you think i was calling u stupid. i was refferring to deleting my post.

I just figured we're up to 8 pages now we need to do some cleaning. Its tough reading so many pages.

ok im going to go lay down now been up going on 30+ hours and im only gonna get a few hours rest :-/ see ya soon

ok...i didne't feel like reading 2 extra pages but i have a coupel thigns to say...

"a wooden beam starts to creak from above your head..what do you do?

a.stick another beam up to hold it in place b.sit there and watch the dust fall on your head "

OK, this woudl be realy cool...i realy liek this idea :) Only problem is what if a huge alien comes and takes you from yoru comptuer into his spaceship and then a huge rock falls on yoru head when you go to play EL illegally from a hacked space alien console? LOL...just kidding....

Also the rare item thing is a neat idea...maybe you could do thigns like this....

for plants, flowers, whatever....

Mushroom Hat

Flower Power Beam ray...like realy low damage...but that woudl be soo cool just ot have a lfower power weapon! LOL....

Weaved grass paints.

Rocky type stuff...like minerals and ores...

Magical teleporting stone

heavy rock hat that gives you 1 extra damage every 4 minutes, but you get 5 damage protected while fighting :D

Rock Trainign pack--When you where this for exteneded amounts of time it increases your cary load capicity, but the catch is you must wear if for a logn time just to increase a little bit and it weigs 3/4 of how much whieght you can carry...

Oh well...just some ideas...i'm goign to go eat some spageti now...yum :D

How about just changing the radon damage you take into Radiation Poisoning! The Mines can be have High levels Radiation in proxemity to the Ores and anyone who stands to close to the ores slowly takes damage. Anyone standing there for too long takes more damage then they can recover from.

Only problem is that players who harvest at low Harvest Levels normally stand there mining for long periods of time.

Of course, this also makes the Storyline kind of screwed up because what Dwarf in thier right mind builds a City in a radioactive Cave? This is also why I think there should be a second level down in CC; Populated places on the first Level and Mines on the second.

Of course, these ideas do little to solve the immedient problem.

How about just changing the radon damage you take into Radiation Poisoning! The Mines can be have High levels Radiation in proxemity to the Ores and anyone who stands to close to the ores slowly takes damage. Anyone standing there for too long takes more damage then they can recover from.

Only problem is that players who harvest at low Harvest Levels normally stand there mining for long periods of time.

Of course, this also makes the Storyline kind of screwed up because what Dwarf in thier right mind builds a City in a radioactive Cave? This is also why I think there should be a second level down in CC; Populated places on the first Level and Mines on the second.

Of course, these ideas do little to solve the immedient problem.

The dwarves have some fans that blow away the radon, and also wear suits that prevent most of the alpha and beta rays from trouching them.