Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Post Your Mature Ideas About The Harvesting

Guest MysticalLady

I have only played for a couple of weeks and today I went to the Underworld twice in 1 hour losing my excavator cloak and an expensive book as well as my pickaxe. Basically I have to start all over as that was most of what I owned and had spent my hard-earned cash on. The new random events that happen while harvesting are horrible and unorthodox. If I wanted to risk everything I own, I would not be in a peaceful safe spot like the DP mine or the vegetable patch at VotD. I would take all my stuff and go to a PKing map. I have already un-installed the game over this because I think it there is no way to make a decent living in the game now unless you do go PK and that was not my purpose for playing. Selling veggies and fruit to buy another excavator cloak was NOT my next goal. When I have only 2 hours to play I sure the heck don't wish to spend it wandering around in the Underworld.

It was tons of fun before the random harvesting events!!!!!!

Bye all, I will miss ya :(

bye, and for the rest of you, dont bring expensive books into mines and get the excavator perk and uh.,... leave the expensive shit at storage ;D

and apparently some of you have been mis informed that this game is iN BETA, so be ready for insane ideas to be implemented, then for them to beaten up to a better idea =D

Ok, i only read like 3/4 of all the posts but here is my 3/4 cents...LOL...

I do think it is a interesting idea...adds a little excitinment to what I like to call "Vegi Hunting" :(

Still...having hellspwn and then being teleported all over the place can sometiems be really anoying. Then again I rarely get sent to the underworld with hellspwn...but oh well...

Also...the bee thing is a little too much. Ok, maybe 1 or 2 damage but 10 to 20 damage? come on? It isne't too big of a deal for me with 130HP, but imagine for the newbs. They harvest for 10 minutes and they die wiht there 30 or whatever they start off HP...little harsh....

Oh well...i'll ahve some more opinions some other day...i'm currently on break form this game...lots of work needs to be done on CNR....

Alright Roja, since you want me to be civilized, I'll make this semi-short and sweet:

The new harvesting system is faulty, due to it being one of the roughest ways of eliminating macroers. It strikes down folks who trained their harvesting level right far worse than it hits the cheaters.

What about the select few who have 60+ harvest? No easy task. Too bad they can't even put that to use anymore because they have a good chance of dying in the process and losing their haul for the hour. I saw someone struck down by 2 radons in a row in coal mines. Needless to say, they died, dropping about 2 pick axes and roughly 180 coal.

A few days ago, we'd all be saying "just 180 coal? Pft, go bitch somewhere else." Now look at it. 180 coal is more a chance to either get the haul or die trying. That's no fun in it. A small "blessing" is supposed to compensate for this? It does not, considering you have "blessings" versus:

- Breaking pick axes

- Radon tampering

- Avalanches

- "Bee stings"

- Teleporting

How does getting a bag of 23 gold and 700 exp even compare to any of these 5 major ones? Teleporting sends you to a pk map by small chance, thus enabling you to lose your harvest if there are a few jerks in the area. I was teleported to Tahraji, but no one was there. Needless to say, it was jarring.

Breaking pick axes. Reasonable, but that's why pick axes, even if used today, have diamond tips on them that hit the ore. Now, diamond hitting titanium. I think titanium was 9 on the scale, and a diamond was 10 (pardon me; forgot the name of the scale), which means the titanium has basically a very low-to-zero chance of cutting that diamond, or even damaging it.

Radon tampering. Yes well, if enough of radon snuck up through the soil and planted a huge deposit of itself right under an ore, fine. But generally, it's not hazardous in small amounts of gas. Are you saying that when it is "tampered" with, it creates a huge disturbance like a big gas bomb goes off or what? -- Damn chemistry.

Bee stings, okay. 17 damage from a bee sting, cool. Cyclops smacks me on the bare head with a club for 23 damage. How in the world does a bee stand a chance against a cyclop in terms of damage?

Avalanches, rofl, oh here we go. One of the big killers. Okay, if a cavern wall collapses, it's gone to the ground, preferably into a nice pile. So how in the world do the caves keep collapsing but are still standing up? With all the collapses that have gone on in the coal mines, those mines should just be destroyed.

You know, I think I'd rather leave a better note: why is mother nature pissed at us mining out ores that actually damage her soil, but won't attack us for killing her animals? If I was mother nature, I'd sure as hell smite whoever killed a rabbit over mining out a couple iron ores from me. :(

What do I propose? Remove the system because it's cruddy. Enough said. The complaints from everyone speak alone for themselves. This alone is just going to cause one of the weirdest forms of inflation I've ever seen, sorry. If you want to find a way to correctly combat macroers, just zoom in on a zero-tolerance: You macro, it's proven, you're banned permanently, no matter who you are.

Just my two cents. Sorry it was a little lengthy after all. :(

first of all how do you know these are tiny bees and not GIANT killer bees?

and caves colapsing is dumb but wait! what if a peice of rock falls off and conks you on the head (obviusly shattering your skull)

i think the arguement was that it happens too often

but! like in my idea! lets make a cave with acertain amount of cave ins, but! its closer the storage than the safer cave, which is further away

first of all how do you know these are tiny bees and not GIANT killer bees?

How do you know? The flowers aren't necessarily gigantic. :( Also, killer bees aren't necessarily killers -- it just takes far less of them to kill you. A person has survived 400+ normal bee stings and 120+ killer bee stings. They also make less wax and honey than the European bees do -- so wtf are killer bees doing all the time in the flowers? Beh. BEH!

and caves colapsing is dumb but wait! what if a peice of rock falls off and conks you on the head (obviusly shattering your skull)

Make iron helms block all collapsing damage then, but cause wear-and-tear on the helm. Or they should just go ahead and make collapses instant kills. No living person can have a mountain collapse on them and live.

Guest Mouh son of Bouh

Hi .

I ll try to keep my coolness.....

I HATE THIS NEW RULES !

oups sry ;)

So i ll give some explains .....

i m now over lvl 60 OA that s mean a lot of playing time : i LOVED this game !

but i had ( may be or may be not ) a particular way of playing : Mass Harvesting maenly fruits in PL in order to incrase my harv,alch then manu & my gold ressources.

All that work this a Meanly goal too : HELP MY FRIENDS !! ( and any player that need help , asking, or not, me).

That was my Gameplay : cool ,calm , nice...... with thoses new rule its simply IMPOSSIBLE ! i cant give anything to anyone cause i cant do anything !! the only way to play now is to FIGHT & i refuse to do taht .... so i ll probabily stop playing :\

that dont make me happy but i havnt any plaesure to play : in 15 minuts of game i got 2 radon choc ( tit harv : a very important part of my game time ....) too many "nature pissing of" and some bee eatings ( & like 2 k XP bonus ===> i dont care ... but really dont care ! and 150 gc dont care too if i can quitly harv the fruits). that the "nice" part of the rules .... I ve been Teleprted like 8 times !! and the last in a map ( dunno what : i never gone before !!) with a sooooo lovely white ribbit named FLUFFY....... ---------> One way ticket to hell should be faster..... and the worts is that i just began to wear my best def stuuf in order to reduce the damage i could take by harv ( u ve right listened : harv with all armor !! lol 40 EMU) to ....... lost all ( ok it was unlucky but i keept anly my boots & a sword that was on my inv).

So IMO thoses rules should be removed !

maybe some teleporting around the area of harv could be enough in order to stop macroers but all the others events arent needed !

So i hope u ll listen all the post that so many players sent and at least REDUCE AN ENORMUS PART of the harb event ..... untill u done it, for my self i wont play again, (may be some times connecting to chat with friends but never really playing).

If u want to see me back ( and if u dont have any care of me think that s i m probabily not the onlyone .....) change this rules quickly : there alredy enought "fight dedicated" MMORPG and EL was SOOOOOO GOOOOOD before !

Very Friendly Mouh ( an EX-FAN of EL)

My opinion:

-Only players with OA or harvest > 40 should be teleported

-The damage of falling walls and radiation should be calculated based on your max health so newbies don't die too easily

-Don't reduce the happening rate

-This is a good time to implement karma/do something useful with charm

-Players with OA < 20 shouldn't be affected by this

First say is that upgrade bad and I would rather have resource cut off after mine so much hour then this system. Another solution make so have ore,minerals,flower,food that does nottake 1 sec to harvest more like 10 sec or something cause unrelistic harvested coal in one sec not evener miner could do it.

Ps could read allpost cause at work so sorry some one said this before and more upset that did give warning to change at all. Other wise then why did post other idea in first instead just implementing it which is more realitic kind of stuff happening.

teh banned 0n3na is very good person I hope come back in the game.

I cant understand what all the fuss is about, all i mainly do is harvest and alchemy and it hasnt changed the way i play.

So what if you lose some hp take some brs with you.

So what if you break a pick axe, take spares they only cost 15g.

So what if you get teleported, use teleport rings or #beam me up.

And if you are all so concerned about the newbies go to IP and help them out.

Just my opinion thats all :(

players under 30 attack will not get teleported to pk maps. the chance for effects to happen have gone down.

I sat there harvesting all kinds of flowers and fruits/veggies. the worst i got was 7 damage, some gold and exp. I harvested over 200 items in total. a newbie will really not be affected by this change so i think we can stop worrying about them.

It really only matters for the higher lvlers doing the harder to mine items...but they should be smart enough to carry some rings with them, thus stimulating that side of the economy. Plus we will also implement a magic stone, that when in your inventory items will not get lost when you die(but the stone will dissapear). It will not be very common, and don't ask me how you'll get one.

And try to find a friend to go mining with if you're really worried. this is a MMORPG after all, not really meant to be played alone.

i still think my idea of splitting the mines up in a map so there are a variety of places to go, each with disadvantages and advantages was a good idea =(

First of all, I'd like to say thank you for lessening the chance of specials. I am genuinely happy to see you listen to players. :unsure:

But, like always, there is a however: Please, for the love of everything you hold dear, raise the attack limit. I'm at 38, and that is only because I try to be self-sufficient enough to get most books and capes (which I still haven't gotten, not a single one) myself. I can kill trolls and maybe ogres, but if I'm holding a pickaxe and wearing some leather (which is my work outfit, I really love how the leather armor looks. Very nice work on the artwork, Roja :) ), I'm not going to be any match for those 70+ att/def people that stalk the spawn point where unlucky harvesters go.

So what I'm suggesting is this: Maybe you wouldn't get thrown to PK maps if you are holding a tool (pickaxe or leather gloves), or if you are unarmed. I'm sure a lot of non-fighters would love this, I really don't want to kill anyone and equally don't want to be killed by a random pkiller, just because I get unlucky while I'm harvesting. Or alternatively raise the limit to like at least 50. Not all of us are fighters, and even less so holding a pickaxe.

Furthermore, after a lot of harvesting I found it kind of makes harvesting an adventure of it's own. In a good way, even though getting teleported, walking back, and getting teleported again on the first click is a wee bit annoying. I broke 8 pickaxes today, too...

Well the new harvesting rules makes it intresting, but to harsh in my opinion. People choose harvesting as a path in the game, because they want to avoid danger.

A couple ideas to combat Macro'ers

1. Teleporting to a area close by is a good idea if the below can't be implemented.

2. Make the resources expire, overharvested, i dont know if it would be hard to implement, but if people have to go looking for additional resources i think it would help alot, it just seems unrealistic that 1 vegetable on the ground can be harvested over and over again. And when overharvested, just have it slowly regenerate or something, maybee like monster spawns.

3. Breaking tools is a good idea.

4. Cave in's would be neat if it could be implemented, but for everyone in that area of the cave in.

5. Getting hurt from harvesting vegetables? is kinda silly, unless maybee they are using a tractor or something :unsure:

6. I agree that harvesting vegetables would be faster than harvesting ore.

7. Have your stats effect your fighting, harvesting, alchemy etc, that would tire you out, and no amount of eating would fix it(to easy to get food), but only simple rest of not doing anything or perhaps potions or magic would restore it. I think this would help out on fighters as well who just sit around and let monsters attack them all day long.

8. Maybee have it so harvesting takes alot more food, and have it so you can't eat more than a certain amount of food in a hour. When making High level essences, who realistically eats 500 vegetables in one sitting to keep their energy up.

Of course maybee none or maybee some of this can be implemented.. My 8 cents worth :)

It's great idea

A) essy is not possible

B)stresses the hell out of peoep lor mayeb just me, when i harvest 50 in dp and am all the sudden in naralik

C)sucks when i get raped harvesting ore

D)pisses me off that i decided to do all my homework then this makes it impossible to make the 2-5k he i wanted to make today

E)impossible for bars and such to be made, so price rises. high level fighter therefore are the only ones making money, buying health essy and repeating.

suggestion

1. dont' use this crap at all

2. no warping!!!!!!!

3. give us a perk or item to be immune, sicne it has positive benefits (you would lose with the perk) this might not be a bad perk.

3. give us a perk or item to be immune, sicne it has positive benefits (you would lose with the perk) this might not be a bad perk.

The macro'ers would get that, and the whole point would be defeated. :unsure:

At least it would be a good idea if the event happens more at higher lvls.

If someone with harvest lvl 10 tries to harvest veggies, or earn money at the portland apple the chances on damage and teleportation should be low, maybe even 0% under lvl 20 harvest.

Do not teleport people with low at/def lvls to Grubani

Fix the randomising factor : sometimes I can harvest 5 minutes without an event, and other times I get 3 in 5 seconds

Maybe it would also be good to let the events happen only if no harvest exp is given (so after the 120 cap)

now THATS a GOOD idea... no events during Harvesting for EXP.....

Oh and for my quickest idea on the new harvesting hrm

"this thought as coming to me as i type smile.gif"

you might be able to assemble strings to check for variables such as players health to make the damage recieve for say 30hp-10% or something. i have no experience with actual coding but i know its good for math wink.gif

and for the teleporting make it so that it checks a chars lvl and have 2 teleport jumps

jump 1 = player below char lvl 30 warp to "non-pvp non aggressive maps"

jump 2 = player above lvl 30 warp to "any map"

It's great idea

A) essy is not possible

B)stresses the hell out of peoep lor mayeb just me, when i harvest 50 in dp and am all the sudden in naralik

C)sucks when i get raped harvesting ore

D)pisses me off that i decided to do all my homework then this makes it impossible to make the 2-5k he i wanted to make today

E)impossible for bars and such to be made, so price rises. high level fighter therefore are the only ones making money, buying health essy and repeating.

suggestion

1. dont' use this crap at all

2. no warping!!!!!!!

He said intelligent posts man....

players under 30 attack will not get teleported to pk maps. the chance for effects to happen have gone down.

I sat there harvesting all kinds of flowers and fruits/veggies. the worst i got was 7 damage, some gold and exp. I harvested over 200 items in total. a newbie will really not be affected by this change so i think we can stop worrying about them.

It really only matters for the higher lvlers doing the harder to mine items...but they should be smart enough to carry some rings with them, thus stimulating that side of the economy. Plus we will also implement a magic stone, that when in your inventory items will not get lost when you die(but the stone will dissapear). It will not be very common, and don't ask me how you'll get one.

And try to find a friend to go mining with if you're really worried. this is a MMORPG after all, not really meant to be played alone.

if only you had done it before all my items were lost @_@

good lookin out though i figure i may just take this game more from a developers view and help out on that end.