Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

What Sort Of Quests Do You Like?

Yeah, I like the wine quest's science fiction-ish touch, but missiles? no way. i came to this game because it was midevil BASED, and PLAYED like a midevil game,with chainmail, and swords, monsters and magic. But I don't want to play a game where it is midevil BASED, but PLAYED like a sci-fi game. I just don't want people cayying guns and missiles and all this new stuff-that's what i can look at the news for <_<

I'm just mentioning that this game should be AT LEAST 50% midevil, hearing about missiles and stuff only in quests and other things like them.

Umm, then don't do the quests?

Yeah, I like the wine quest's science fiction-ish touch, but missiles? no way. i came to this game because it was midevil BASED, and PLAYED like a midevil game,with chainmail, and swords, monsters and magic. But I don't want to play a game where it is midevil BASED, but PLAYED like a sci-fi game. I just don't want people cayying guns and missiles and all this new stuff-that's what i can look at the news for <_<

I'm just mentioning that this game should be AT LEAST 50% midevil, hearing about missiles and stuff only in quests and other things like them.

Mmmmmmm guns

*clutches glock*

Ent wouldn't let me implement any quests before because he wanted to do his storyline. I wonder if this means that I can make some now? ;)

Ent wouldn't let me implement any quests before because he wanted to do his storyline. I wonder if this means that I can make some now? :)

Go ahead, but I want to approve them first :D

I just don't want people cayying guns and missiles and all this new stuff-that's what i can look at the news for <_<

that would never happen because i hate firearms and would never make them..well not that i hate them i just find them boring and, like you said, i'll look at the news for that :)

If ent find another artist and puts a gun in this game, I quit :D

If ent find another artist and puts a gun in this game, I quit B)

Don't give him any ideas! >.<

Ent wouldn't let me implement any quests before because he wanted to do his storyline. I wonder if this means that I can make some now?  ;)

Go ahead, but I want to approve them first ;)

Does that mean that we can discuss the things I mentioned in my PM now? Those issues really have to be sorted out fairly soon - otherwise the quest stories will start conflicting at some point in the future.

Recap on what needs to be considered:

-> Age of world, recorded history, foundings of major cities. (Implications for population numbers of the races)

-> Influence and dominance of the races (Should EL be human-centred, with elven and dwarven minorities, or are all races equally powerful?)

-> Roles and descriptions of Gods, and limits to their powers. (Implications for possible contradictions between writers with different ideas about godly powers)

-> Interplay between Sci-Fi and Fantasy (I presume you definitely want to include sci-fi, so I won't fight you on that anymore, but then the balance between the two needs to be discussed. EL shouldn't be 100% sci-fi, after all... :) Currently, as far as I can tell, it's about 70% sci-fi, 30% fantasy, according to the quests so far.)

I've posted a more detailed analysis here: Storylines Discussions

-Lyn-