Eternal Lands Official Forums
bradleybradley

Taking Bags

Do you all think taking someone's bag when they died is illegal?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you all think taking someone's bag when they died is illegal?

• It is illegal and you should be banned for it.
    • It is not, it's allowed in the game rules. But it is not nice.
    • I don't care either way. I just get over it and move on.

Usually I wait for something to happen, but I take bradleybradley's posts as a promise, so:

*adds bradleybradley to the blacklist*

/Derin - Brotherhood of Bane

In reply to that, I still think it's alright to take a bag if someone has a bad internet conection.

So basically, I deserve to lose anything I own because I'm on a dial-up connection?

No matter how hard I worked to earn what I have, if I lag out due to my 'pos connection' you'll quite happily come along and take it?

At least with this game you're part of a minority, and not the majority. See, most people here will be honest enough to return a person's bag... its people like you, and other noobs who are out to get what they can as quick as they can, who will steal what they can, when they can.

If it happens in a pk map, fair enough, its bound to happen there, and no one should complain if they lost anything in a pk map. However, anyone who has a laggy connection shouldnt be punished by losing their stuff just because they lagged out.

It shouldnt be called bag jumping because its my fault I made the bag? Everything I put in it is mine, so if I lose it for whatever reason, technically it has been stolen.

I'll put some litter in my future bags, I bet you'd even steal that too. <_<

As representatives of GarD, we're glad to return bags, unless you're the bag of cat shit in which case we'll gladly take your items and return none. :)

you mean they didnt know about it!?!?!?! =O

if for some crazy fucking reason besides dieing you put a bag on the ground and LEAVE IT, dont be surprised if you come back and its GONE, cuz thats what happens people take/pickup stuff.

I'm not fighting, but i'm more mature than most of you. You are not open minded. And you hope I don't have kids. It's a game, but this will be my last reply cause apparently, EL is real life for many people in this game. How sad. How sad. Bye

Guest Zeplin

My RP, is totally anti bag jumpers/theifs/scammers. If its made illigal, less people to kill =)

Would be nice if players couldnt create second chars for that tho, However i dont see a way to regulate char creation in that manner.

As for those who pipe up and say people treat EL like Real life, Get over it, Some of us are Role players. i swear thats a forgotten aspect of MMORPG's. However its funny when someone asks the time, And i give them the EL time lol.

I'm not fighting, but i'm more mature than most of you. You are not open minded. And you hope I don't have kids. It's a game, but this will be my last reply cause apparently, EL is real life for many people in this game. How sad. How sad. Bye

Last I recall, calling yourself mature, and insulting people, were both acts of immaturity. And you're contredicting yourself by leaving..

You die, you lose your bag of items. There is a certain perk to help reduce the item loss, or if you want to reduce it completely, have a friend accompany you. Problem solved. EL's idiot population is down by 1.

Also, maturity can never be self-stated. Other people have to call you mature.

You are so right. Someone lags, they should know better than to be playin the game in the first place. Role playing, ok. Have fun.

It's about having a good moral. People with good moral irl will most likely have a good moral in-game as well.

Bull. I would never steal stuff in real life, or kill someone but i wouldnt worry about it in EL because this is a GAME and game's are for fun not for blody morales.

It's about having a good moral. People with good moral irl will most likely have a good moral in-game as well.

Bull. I would never steal stuff in real life, or kill someone but i wouldnt worry about it in EL because this is a GAME and game's are for fun not for blody morales.

but your idea of in-game fun involves upsetting the people behind the characters whose bags you're taking.

...perhaps the difference is only so for you cos you know you're safely behind a keyboard, and so are they, and thus not actually able to twack you a good one like you know they would if they were physically in front of you :(

How about an added option in the client, of trading directly storage-to-storage? It would be good against scamers and bag-jumpers on LAG, but maybe it will aid multi-players and macroers.

I think it's necesary now, most of the trade on market is 'selling 5K FE', or 'buying 500 MR's'. Just consider it plz.

Bag snatching sucks. However there is nothing you can do about it. As soon as it happens to me, i get over it and start rebuilding my eq again.

The fact is, there is little you can do about it, and this 'thieving' adds to the challenge and atmosphere of the game....

If you dont want to lose something expensive, dont put it in a bag, or dont carry it in pk areas....Simple!

but your idea of in-game fun involves upsetting the people behind the characters whose bags you're taking.

...perhaps the difference is only so for you cos you know you're safely behind a keyboard, and so are they, and thus not actually able to twack you a good one like you know they would if they were physically in front of you :ph34r:

No my point isnt that i do it becuase i cant get punched. My point is just because someone in a game kills you / takes your bag does not meen they are capable of it in real life. Stop taking a game too seriously. I meen its people like you that think people go around shooting because they play counterstrike.

As someone said before it's funny seeing pople getting all fired up about something we all agree with. I mean 2 people voted illegal :ph34r:

I played some other game where picking up the stuff was kindof expected, so i see things maybe a little differently then some of you:

- taking bags from someone's killed animals/monsters - thieving if it's repeted/on purpose

- taking bags from someone who tries to trade or who lags out from his bag (while making stuff/harvesting/whatever) - thieving

- taking loot from someone you killed in pk - perfectly ok, if you had a reason to pk you had a reason to loot (except training ofc)

- taking items you just find on the map and don't know who the owner is. your choice, i don't think this is bad in any way. trying to find the owner is very nice, but you can't expect everyone to do that.

- taking items from someone who died of his own fault before you - not very nice but it's not really theft.

People who are thieves, deserved to be called such. Thieves, just like scammers are not cheaters. But of course most people won't trust you once the words goes out, and you might end up on everyone's pk list.

Bad behaviour such as this should never be punished by mods i think. It's fun to have people police themselves, and reach their own agreements and rules of good behaviour.

No my point isnt that i do it becuase i cant get punched. My point is just because someone in a game kills you / takes your bag does not meen they are capable of it in real life. Stop taking a game too seriously. I meen its people like you that think people go around shooting because they play counterstrike.

No, and it's not illegal here either. Whether you'll return the bag or not is entirely up to you. I just say that I would never steal the bag as it's against my moral (both ingame and irl), and why would you be so annoyed with that? You clearly don't have that high morals in-game, and you admit it - there's not that much else to say...

well, I admit...I've been a bag jumper, when the bag is left unattended...

...but that's because I wanna make sure it's not someone's that has died or something or lagged out...I ask around, see what's happened...even if I've been sitting next to the person and they've lagged out, I'll jump on their bag so it doesn't poof when they come back, or I'll hold onto the stuff for when the next time I see them in game to give it back...or even see if they still want it. Sometimes it's a matter of that they harvested too much to carry or found something else they wanted to pick up instead (had that happen one day when me and another fellow ELer were helping to find someone's bag that died, he dropped a bunch of ihs hard earned iron ore to pick up that person's items and return them to him, I picked up the ore but he didn't want it back...)

The majority of the community helps each other out, we're nice to each other because we want to get along...

Just look at it this way...for every 5 of us that is nice and gives back items found in a bag, there's 1 bag jumper who won't...(I prolly have the odds wrong, but that's the way it seems)...I see people all the time in Newbie Chat asking "Hey, did someone die in such-and-such place? I found a bag with such-and-such items in it" Some people will joke around and say, yeah, it's mine, but the original owner is sometimes found...and people who have died will ask for help and there's always a few people willing to help out, find those items and give them back...

Don't like those that are bag jumpers ruin your own game or your own view of the game and it's community. It's one of those things people are going to do and they'll never change their mind nor their point of view...

Taking a bag is also taking a risk for everyone to hate you, but oh well. As long as we understand both sides, I don't see a problem.  And also, I do believe EL is a great community, but for it to be better, we must accept the roles each player plays, whether it be helpful or being a jerk, lol. I guess I play the jerk role, although, if you ask around, I've also helped a great deal with some people. I leave it to the freedom of EL for you guys to ignore me or whatnot, but before you do, atleast be open minded to what me and others are doing. It's all in the fun of the game.

Like I said, this is a game. Pking and taking stuff is part of the entertainment for some people. You can choose to bring morals into the game, but I think you'd be taking the game too seriously. This topic is very opinionated, and I'm not saying you are wrong, but I disagree with you greatly.

Oh, Hyperidle, shut up and get over it. You saw my other poll, obviously I don't stand alone. You will definetly be a target of my guild, when and if I start one. Everyone ignore all of hyperidle's messages. He's a whiner.

HAHAahahahaha.......Bradley, now really. :lol: You claim all this stuff, saying it's what makes the game fun, and that basically it takes a lot to stand there and take the abuse. BUT......... How mature are you acting now? I am ONE person who took it upon myself to get under your skin, to see how you'd react and give you a taste of your own medicine. Not bagjumping, but having someone do something you don't like and flaunt the fact there's nothing you can do about it, and just what is YOUR reaction? :P

So, can't take the heat, get hell outta the kitchen.

HyperIdle, you are very ignorant and have no common sense. My reaction? You assuming a tone in my chat that you want to hear. I can take the heat from you, especially when there is no heat at all. The thing that gets me mad is that no point cannot get across you, and that's why I started to ignore you posts and people like you, but you then posted on someone else's post for me to give it a read. Dude, I'm much more mature as you are, get over yourself. If you want the victory over this argument, then fine, here's your medal. As for me, I don't need that title. I simply wanted to discuss this and get others' opinions and also tell them where I stand. Come on, just look at the poll, and be quiet. This is my last reply to you, Hyperidle, cause you are just too ridiculous. You have your own opinion, I respect that, but don't take it too far as to say meaningless crap to bash me. Your ego must be huge, and here I am feeding it, you win first place, gold, the trophy, you're the best, etc. Have fun with that, and hopefully someday you get over yourself.

Once again, u show true colors, brad. I just wanted to get under your skin, like you did with others. Don't like it, do you. Well, now you kinda know the feeling someone has that WORKS for their stuff and you steal it. NOW you are showing how MATURE you are with dealing with someone that gets under your skin. You won't quit jumping bags, I won't quit hounding you. I can't make you at least stop jumping bags when someone lags. That's all I wanted to get across to you, but u say all fair. If they die fighting or leave their bag, ya, I don't have a problem with you or someone else taking it. But the ones with bad connections? Unfair. YOU deal with it, cause I ain't going away.

Well basically is really sucks when people are not nice enough to hold your bag for you. You guys want a game that is realistic, well in real life if you lost you wallet would everyone give it back?? Sure there are people that are kind and return your stuff, but then again there are always going to be greedy people that don't have any moral standards. Just have your friends pk the hell out of that person and make sure they don't trade with that person.

Be more careful with your bag.