Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milesp

Bot distance from storage

Adarah is the Rivan Warriors trade bot stationed at Raven. She is an official bot. I've read some of the posts saying bots cannot be around storage now. Entropy specifically approved this position for Adarah. Entropy if you want me to move her, please just let me know personally.

Entropy allowed official bots in storages, now he changed his mind and they has to be moved 30 steps

from storage NPC.

Regards.

Why is it we hear from teh banned 0n3na on this subject and not Entropy?

(Please, this is not the beginning of a slam-war on teh banned 0n3na... I'm just curious why Entropy doesn't respond.)

Well Adarah was in storage like Linux when there was the rule that bots can be in storage.

Now there is a rule that bots cannot be in storages so it is obvious Adarah should be moved from there.

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na stop spaming this thread---damnit you made me spam it also---grr

Miles just talk to Ent

Yes, my bot is 30 steps from storage according to Entropy's regulation.

Regards.

Ok first off, not sure why this got so many responses, I said I'd talk to Entropy about it. Second, the rule as Entropy stated it, does not apply. Adarah is not a free bot. I'll just talk to Entropy sometime over the next day or two and get a clarification on what he actually meant.

What WE actually mean is that we do not want ANY bots close enough to the storage so that people can take food from the bot, AND use the storage at the same time. We took food out of the storage for that very reason. It is now not allowed to have your bot do that-official or unofficial bot.

And btw guys, stop being hypocrites by yelling at people for spamming threads when you're doing it yourselves.

Ok once again... I said I would personally like to talk to Entropy in reguards to this. This is not such a hard concept is it? We paid $100 to be able to have a trade bot at a position of our choosing, which was APPROVED. Entropy and I personally talked about this, so it makes sense for Entropy and I to SETTLE it. You've made a rule change, ok that's fine. The ruling is on food, there are other alternatives to moving, like say making her unable to buy/sell food. Our bot actually interacts with storage, moving her would cause her to have to have a redesign, or revert back to a previous version. Please leave her be, we will make that change, and I will personally talk to Entropy. She's been at that storage for months a day or two more can't hurt anything.

Allowing her in this location would be exception from rules and may cause major abuse of rules.

I am not happy that Linux had to be moved too but rule is rule.

Regards.

The purpose of the rule is so that people can not get food at storage. My proposal complies with that. Yet again I will state, I will discuss this with Entropy at his earliest convenience.

Linux is now paid bot. And if bot will be near storage it will be always suspected. Also other bot owners

may not like that you were excepted from this rule including me because we wanted implement storage

support in Linux as well.

Regards.

teh banned 0n3na this is a POINTLESS DEBATE. I've stated my case, maybe the solution is as I have said. Simply disable them being able to handle food. Leave this be until it is resolved by Entropy.

Linux is not a paid bot, I just upgraded it because it also belongs to Learner, and Learner did/does a lot for the game.

Anyway, I don't like making retroactive rules, so it's OK for his bot to stay there, as long as it doesn't sell food or potions of festing. But please move it at least 10-15 steps from the storage.

Moving Adarah 10-15 steps will cause problems because she is designed around using storage and that would put her outside of the storage usage range.

Entropy, thank you for clearing this up. I moved Adarah out to I believe it is the 6 step mark which is as far away as she can actually function. She also at this point should not be able to buy/sell food or potions of feasting.

I made the reccomendation that she move to Portland storage, since it's not crowded, and people can't manufacture there.

Splendid idea IMHO.

Regards.

I made the reccomendation that she move to Portland storage, since it's not crowded, and people can't manufacture there.

Sure.. then every bot will start to move there. Portland storage full of 20+ bots. I don't think so.

why not just assign one place for all the bots so everyone knows where they are and dont have to hunt around to find them?

also it clears up all issues like these ;)