Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

10-15fps w/GF4Ti4200 at 1024x768x16 on linux

I'm running SuSE 8.2 with the latest nVidia drivers, other 3d programs run correctly, I have disabled VSync, and doing glinfo in the EL console returns the correct info for my card. I'm using the static binary (default binary wouldn't find libxml2.so.2 even though it was in /usr/lib, at least it complained about xmlReadFile being missing).

Why am I getting such low fps? I'd expect to get more fps than my refresh rate (I like keeping VSync on when not troubleshooting).

Thanks for any help.

I have the same card, and on windows I get anywhere from 10 FPS to 150 FPS, in 32 bpp color modes (the resolution doesn't really matter). But make sure to disable things such as FSAA, that eats a lot of FPS. Turning off the reflections will also help.

Thanks for the answer. Resolution does change performance, but even disabling FSAA, etc, keeps me at 20-25fps. I have been playing america's army with 8x antialiasing and 8x anisotropic and getting good framerates, I see no reason why this game would have such low fps. Is the framerate tied to network data, perhaps? I'm probably far from any server so my ping may not be the best.

One reason this game has lower frame rates is there is still a lof of room for improvement for graphics optimization and sometimes the models themselves. The commercial games spend a LOT of time to make sure they can run really fast.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this