Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Piper

Remove harvesting limit.

Hi all,

we have a limit for getting XP from harvesting.

And this is the only limit we have in this game for getting XP, and it sucks.

Why not remove this limit by cutting down the amount of XP you'll get from harvesting?

Drop that limit and decrease the amount of XP to, maybe, 1/6 or 1/10 of what you get now from harvesting items.

Why i post this is, it is not logically to have a limit only on harvesting and not on other actions like fighting or alchemy or manu or potions or magic or....

So, suggestion is: drop limit and decrease amount of XP for harvested item.

Yours,

Piper.

Because someone could set their macro to run all night and wake up level 60.

yea i agree it would just screw stuff up

i think there should be somthing that if harvest for more than 5 hours u should be sent to beam

5 hours?

Let's see.

1 harvest per second.

60 seconds in a minute X 60 minutes in an hour.

5 hours.

Let's see . . . that comes out to . . . way too freaking much.

5 hours?

Let's see . . . that comes out to . . . way too freaking much.

the time was only a rough guess what time would u sugest 1 hour?

Couldn't you make harvesting take away from your food level? It would suck, but for people who mainly just harvest for exp it would work out well, and still not let you just go afk for 5 hours and come back with your level sky rocketed and an inventory full of whatever. It would make it more difficult to harvest, but not too bad that it would ruin it.

Or make the cap level dependent.

If you are on lvl 50 or 60 or so most ppl do not harvest anymore for exp with the cap.

Suggestion :

harvest.max = 120 + (10 * (cint(overall.cur/10)));

So up to lvl 10 its 120, from lvl 11 to 20 its 120 + 10 = 130

10 extra harvs for every 10 levels

Couldn't you make harvesting take away from your food level? It would suck, but for people who mainly just harvest for exp it would work out well, and still not let you just go afk for 5 hours and come back with your level sky rocketed and an inventory full of whatever. It would make it more difficult to harvest, but not too bad that it would ruin it.

Lol, what about if you harvest fruit or veg?

Hmmm,

my suggestion was, to remove the harvesting limit AND decrease the xp you get for harvested items.

So, if some1 lets run a macro to harvest all night long he gets the XP for harvesting. (less XP per item)

With this actual limit he gets the xp for 120 items per hour. (actual XP per item)

Thats not a big difference.

Someone suggested above to have a food drain for harvesting too. I like this idea. Why not have a food drain of 1 or 2 for every harvested item you are harvesting with a pickaxe. It is logically too because this is hard work.

So my suggestion is:

o remove harvesting limit

o decrease the amount of XP you get for harvesting

o have a food drain of 1, 2 or 3 for harvesting items with a pickaxe

Piper

Lol, what about if you harvest fruit or veg?

You still couldn't go afk and come back with an inventory full of veggies, cause you'd stop being able to harvest after 45 veggies or fruit.

how about the macro is set up to do one click on the harvest, doublerightclick in inventory to eat the fruit...

and btw, stuff like gold allready cost you food. its not mutch (something like 1 pr 3-6 harvest, failed or not) but its there...

now if you could not harvest anything that would go directly to food, fruit needing to be turned into fruit pie, vegetables needing to be turned into what? vegetable soup maybe (stored in a drinking container of some sort) then maybe. but we would allso need to slow down or halt food reduction based on idle time (makeing one perk useless) so that newbies didnt run into a wall with not being able to get food as they cant harvest and cant harvest as they have a negative food level. i fear we would have a very big group of newbie beggers with something like this...

now if we could instead of haveing the limit go up and down it hour intervals how about it went up pr harvest and went down by one pr min? that way if you only harvest you have to slow down your harvest but if you go and do other stuff at times you can come back and harvest a nice load again. it would allso remove the problem of people harvesting to limit. log out and then log back in right before a hour change and move on as only the time spent inside the game would reset your harvesting limit. would put a lot more load on the server cpu tho :P

one other thing that can be done is to create a stamina meter. i drops down when doing stuff and then grows back like health and mana (alltho maybe at a faster rate). basicly it does not drop over time like food does but is still being reduced when you do stuff (thats the real problem of useing food as stamina right now, it drops even when resting. it makes sense for food but not for stamina). hell maybe it could drop when you walk around with a load above half your max load...

Hmmm,

my suggestion was, to remove the harvesting limit AND decrease the xp you get for harvested items.

So, if some1 lets run a macro to harvest all night long he gets the XP for harvesting. (less XP per item)

With this actual limit he gets the xp for 120 items per hour. (actual XP per item)

Thats not a big difference.

Great idea. This way, only the macroers would have high harvesting.

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt you say that macro usage is illegal and you are scanning log files for macroing and ban the players then?

Piper.

Ok, if you have problems to detect macroing then the harvest limit makes sense and i agree with you.

i thought, detecting macroing is not longer a problem for you.

Piper.

Detecting macroing can't really be automated, without severly annoying the players. While some people do notice macroers, there is no way to monitor about 1K active players every week, and see who is and who isn't macroing.

Hrm... what about making the limit place-bound? As soon as a limit has been reached, you'll have to move at least 10 tiles away to get harvest exp again.

(This sounded better at the moment this idea popped into my head...)

we have a limit for getting XP from harvesting.

And this is the only limit we have in this game for getting XP, and it sucks.

(...)

Why i post this is, it is not logically to have a limit only on harvesting and not on other actions like fighting or alchemy or manu or potions or magic or....

I guess the main reason for the exp limit is that there isn't any limit on the resources. For all skills you'll run out of the needed resources, except for harvesting.

Why can't you make the harvesting limit to start working around harvest 20 or something so the newbies would get more pp's easily than they get now?