Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wuffzel

invance, choice of no xp

well, first i must say, im a bit sad, cause invances had been a great fun for me.

im a pure ranger with level 62 and AP 60, and

im one of the 1st ppl running to the harbour for mobs...

but i only wear leather armor and i only use short bow with pk arrows...

im used too since i run through invasions as ranger and im comfortable with it..

so, i found this new fun for me, but can't take part :(

here my idea :)

why not adding an extra option to the npc...

an option ' send me to invasion, but without xp reward ' :)

i don't care for the xp, or gc share... its just real fun beside all the mixing / training

you can exit the invance before the last monster is killed. then you get no xp.

you can exit the invance before the last monster is killed. then you get no xp.

if i enter in my gear i would be banned before i have a chance to leave :o

I assume wuffzel is talking about the new invance rules recently posted by Entropy. (and maybe being a bit facetious about it?)

Looks like the way the rules were written can be misunderstood or perceived incorrectly. When I read the rules, I started feeling like maybe I didn't help enough either. But then I realized, helping can't mean you have to break items or lose a rosto to say you sacrificed enough to benefit the team. And invances can't just be for rich players with the best gear etc. I then started thinking about it from Entropy's point of view. He doesn't want players going in there and just sitting around getting free experience at the end or ruining things for those who are trying to win the invance. And the way it is right now, that is possible unless there are some rules in place. If you are helping to keep the monsters out of Iscalrith, I don't think you're going to be banned regardless of what you're wearing.

My concern is, do these new rules introduce a new level of moderating? Now the moderators have to worry about what he or she said or did in the invance. Seems like more work to worry about for them...and can turn into a dispute lovers paradise.

I don't know how complex the code is to do it, but what about making it so the code enforces the rules. IE measure the players involvement based on experience or kills or movement or damage taken or something... If a player doesn't do anything, the invance ends and they don't get experience for it.

I am not complaining. Love invances. Love EL. :)

Respectfully,

littlebro2

Disclaimer:

The following is my personal opinion and in no way official.

I think that as a ranger leathers can make perfect sense, no cold damage, not much of a light modifier and relatively light. With your rang level and AP you probably do more damage than the average ranger with an elven bow and short bow is fast as well. I would be glad for your help in an invance and would not expect people to complain about your contribution if you come off the wall and risk your hide like you describe. I think the people in the 100-120 should consider themselves lucky with a ranger like you in their midst. I hope you will be able to continue to have fun like that.

Edited by Maxine

I saw you in action during a 100-120 invance and you were really efficient with your short bow! So I hope to see you in future invances. ;)