Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

no a/d xp for undercappers in invances

My suggestion:

1. You only get a/d xp in your own range invance. No issue with only once per 24 hours, since they dont get done more often.

2. If you go into a higher invance, you can range. You then receive RANGE xp based on the DAMAGE you did. Maybe even choose to go as a ranger into your own range invance for range xp.

Since range damage scales with level, equipment and perks, I think this would be the most fair measure to determine ran xp, not a multiplier of the earned ranging xp (trainers give same xp as pk-arrows). I think a

ran-xp = 10 x damage

might be the right order of magnitude.

I hope that a damage based formula is possible, then the issue of 'did you really help' is automatically solved.

Maxine your idea is great, but it won’t happen. Why? Simple, check this out:

I hit average value per shoot as 60HP damage (Max per hit from PK is 68HP for me at the moment, I will count misses and lower hits as the one covered by ER perk).

I always take 350 PKs so: 60*350*10 = 210 000 exp :icon13:

Ok Aislinn, I guess a lot of rangers will stop visiting 120+ (maybe I will go, but with trainings sitting on the wall all the time). :icon4:

Edited by Devnul

Ok Aislinn, I guess a lot of rangers will stop visiting 120+ (maybe I will go, but with trainings sitting on the wall all the time). :icon4:

What's wrong with your own invance?

What makes you so special that you need to visit more invances that others?

Do you really care? No! So why asking?

If you still want to talk about it, then be my guest on forum messenger or PM in game. I doubt anyone else is interested and I don't want to make off topic called "Why Devnul is special".

If you still want to talk about it, then be my guest on forum messenger or PM in game. I doubt anyone else is interested and I don't want to make off topic called "Why Devnul is special".

Nice try making this a flame war by totally ignoring half of the post and making things personal.

Question still stands why can't ppl with lower a/d stick to their invances?

I would like to range in lower instances/invances too, guess what? I CANT.

lol... Alberich made a good point, your response being somewhat aggressive and an attempt to move the conversation to a non-public place doesn't look good for you.

As you wish, in short then:

Since the begging of invances I was able to join only one 100-120 and 3 (or 4) 120+. I guess it is because of my time zone (yes I know that some people couldn’t join at all).

Second thing, for me 120+ is more fun, harder monsters, bigger drops, more people I know around, often during my time of gaming. It is not about higher exp, I can get same exp like for my range, not a problem. However if I will not got any exp, then I will probably pass.

Do you understand now why I will miss ability to access 120+?

If not, then I don’t really care. I will also stop this discussion if you please. All above were my personal opinions and the only person that showing any aggression was Albert, with his “special” BS.

Thank you.

Thanks devnul, you confirmed my speculations about your reasons.

Half of your problem is that the invance for your level isn't any good for rangers (no high HP mobs and no drops to pay arrows) and the times for the invances are not equally spread among all times zones.

How about we address these problems? This way your invance will get more attractive and more people will join it.

I didn't do many invances but got the felling there are joining more and more undercappers, thus more and more people and it's getting too easy. It's not a matter of "do we finish" anymore, it's "do we finish under half an hour". That's farming and radu wants put an end to it and imo found a good compromise to meet with it (doubt he would change his mind anyway).

Now it's up to the undercappers to make suggestions how to make their invances better, so they have the same fun.

And on the fact that many of your buddies are way above your levels I can't help you, you'll have to fix that your own.

Since the begging of invances I was able to join only one 100-120 and 3 (or 4) 120+. I guess it is because of my time zone (yes I know that some people couldn’t join at all).
One of the issues mentioned was that people were not going to their appropriate levels, but instead going to 120+ because the rewards are higher. And about your "time zone" you must be kidding, right?
Do you understand now why I will miss ability to access 120+?
Its not like you are set in stone, and can't level. Why don't you train a bit? 110's a/d are a piece of cake to level with the feros cave and def god.
I will also stop this discussion if you please. All above were my personal opinions and the only person that showing any aggression was Albert, with his “special” BS.
Alberich was right. I would like to join lower level invances to get easy ranging exp, even WITHOUT bonus a/d exp, but i can't. Don't try to make it personal, it was a good point, and you didn't rebut.

I made a post in a thread made for the sole purpose of determining who was missing out due to time zones.

Why didn't you post there if you feel your level is not adequately represented?

Also I suspect radu's solution will help this issue. Of course a lot of people aren't going to go to their own if they can go to 120 and get better rewards with the same amount (or less) of effort.

Yes, Alberich made a VERY good point, I fully agree.

And as Aislinn said, you have an option to get an invance running for you in any time zone. She is doing her best, really cool job. I saw many of our lowbie guildies enjoying the invances in different time frames and I like to see that everyone can enjoy them. That's really really cool and makes game more fun and worth the radu's hard work with getting invances and other stuff into game. I appreciate that! :icon13: (even when I wasn't in one for some time due lack of time).

“He who pleased everybody died before he was born.”

You are all right, I will stop crying and just enjoy the game. I totally understand frustration of high level players when they see 60s a/d on 120+ invance (on castle walls, with trainings, short bow and nothing to lose) getting same reward.

See you in game, have fun :icon13:

"He who pleased everybody died before he was born."

You are all right, I will stop crying and just enjoy the game. I totally understand frustration of high level players when they see 60s a/d on 120+ invance (on castle walls, with trainings, short bow and nothing to lose) getting same reward.

See you in game, have fun :icon13:

Some people are as frustrated with multiple of same invances in a row (confirmed via logs) so may have been going in it since only available. Did a count on logs counting only final call messages and some get as many as twice as others.