Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
konec

New medallion for mixers

After a brief discussion on channel 6 between ~ 10 people, we got onto the discussion of implementing a mixers medallion into the game, such as the Harvester Medallion which the game has already got. We was discussing this for a while and decided it would be a start if we posted it as a suggestion here.

We was thinking about making a medallion which makes mixers not to stop stop mixing on mini fail's {non-critical ones}, stop only with Crit fails when the medallion has to have a slight chance to break as well as harv medallion with big event. The medallion could also decrease tool's breaking chance, while mixing. The chance of breaking could be around the same % as that of the harvest medallion, and the price should be around the same aswell.

We also discussed the possible ings for the medallion and came up with, 3 Tin Bars, 3 Silver bars, 12 Wildness Pots + 12 FE.

The name of the medallion could be "Steadfast Medallion" - Suggested by Aislar.

Thanks for your time now hopefully ask all question you want to.

Konec and other fancy mixers ^^ :)

as being one of the 'fancy mixers' discussing this idea on channel 6, i also have to throw zaer's idea for the name of the medallion out there..."Medallion of Perseverance".

after mini-events were implemented ingame, the harvester med helped break up the tediousness of harvesting by allowing us to bypass some mini events.

this medallion would follow along those thought lines...if you food fail, you don't stop mixing, but if you crit fail, you do stop mixing.

thank you to konec, leprikon and all others on 6 <3

edit: carelessness :(

Edited by Aislar

Interesting idea, as for the Tin being used this might be good but if you do there would have to be two new books:

Tin Medallion Building

Steadfast Medallion building

as tin is not a current item crafters use.

Good point Elfie - haven't thought of that, but maybe it could have been covered in it already and tin molding might be enough, so only 1 book for the medallion itself?

I suggested it only to be used with items that take 5+ food. Someone suggested it would be to easy to make FEs with Belly Perk, and maybe cause macrcoing, I think it would be AWESOME, and maybe a more incentive to get Belly Perk, but meh, figured I would toss in the idea too.

I really would love this medallion ... it would really make the pain of mixing some items less painful (yeah i mean FEs and thread :D)

I would use it for sure ;)

A Harvester Medallion is useful because harvests are in large amounts (max emu) with many occurring chances while filling up. While making items the amount of times between starting and stopping is 10 - 13 items or so when making very low food needing items, (fire essences, cotton, ashes), (20 – 26 items (I guess) with big belly) the chances of the event happening is much much less for making anything above. Is it worth spending (and/or making) a breakable item with a price tag of above 7.5k gc to prevent this? The odds of course vary by the recommend level of the item, someone close or under the recommended level will have much more fails – and therefore more critical fails: chance of loosing the medallion – then someone who is far far above. Are these odds worth it for making these items with a medallion?

To me it looks like a way to prevent breaking the higher priced tools (vial mold, arrow mold, alembic). Are they used often enough to justify this new item? Is it a good thing for the market if these tools break less then they do already?

Edited by Nardo Lala

A Harvester Medallion is useful because harvests are in large amounts (max emu) with many occurring chances while filling up. While making items the amount of times between starting and stopping is 10 - 13 items or so when making very low food needing items, (fire essences, cotton, ashes), (20 – 26 items (I guess) with big belly) the chances of the event happening is much much less for making anything above. Is it worth spending (and/or making) a breakable item with a price tag of above 7.5k gc to prevent this? The odds of course vary by the recommend level of the item, someone close or under the recommended level will have much more fails – and therefore more critical fails: chance of loosing the medallion – then someone who is far far above. Are these odds worth it for making these items with a medallion?

To me it looks like a way to prevent breaking the higher priced tools (vial mold, arrow mold, alembic). Are they used often enough to justify this new item? Is it a good thing for the market if these tools break less then they do already?

Ofc the lower the players skills the more the fails/crit fails. But astro also causes more fails/crit fails so thats not limited to just lower level players. As with anything, you take the chance of the item breaking. It's up to the player whether they want to shell out the gc for something. I personally dont think it's worth me buying a harv med but many do.

As for the vial mold, alembic, arrow mold.. they are used a lot actually. Just as all other molds, M+P's etc. I have broken many vial molds and alembics unfortunatly. It would be nice to have something cut down the break rate of these tools.but even so its not 100%. you still break pics etc with a harv med on.

I like the idea and you still have to be at the computer to fill food levels. even with the big belly perk.So i don't see a huge afk mixer problem.

Good point Elfie - haven't thought of that, but maybe it could have been covered in it already and tin molding might be enough, so only 1 book for the medallion itself?

Well idk we have a specific book for seridium medallion building so i would assume one is needed for tin as well.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I am also in favor of a new medallion especially for the mixers, but not as suggested, if the medallion would give: ( A ) slightly higher exp ( B ) slightly higher chance of making rare item (much less then perk or cape but perhaps stackable with) ( C ) slightly less food needed for making the items. Either one these, a combination or a cocktail, would in my eyes have more chance for the medallion to be used and made.

The NMT effect for tools is if I calculate the odds / price tag correct as a breakable medallion not really needed/wanted on the market, except by very few and on rare occasions. Anyone, no matter what level, can afford a new couple of pestles, chisels or hammers etc in no time. Less chance of breaking the higher priced tools is no matter how it hurts if they do a good thing for the ones who worked hard enough to be able to make them, so not a good thing.

For the ‘less chance of stopping’ while mixing I would instead suggest an item similar how the “Point Defense” item is instead, high level to make but low ingredients needed, stackable and gone with each use.

Just my thoughts and questions which arrised when I read the suggestion.

Edited by Nardo Lala

For the ‘less chance of stopping’ while mixing I would instead suggest an item similar how the “Point Defense” item is instead, high level to make but low ingredients needed, stackable and gone with each use.

I don't think this would be a usable solution. At least as i see it, i'd click few times more instead of having to have some items which lower my EMU while mixing (3 EMU from a medallion is ok)...