Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhapsodist

PKI

I've asked a few people if they would do the pvp instance once it comes in and one has said "no i don't want to mess up my pki". You couldn't help but think maybe it may hold a few from PKing in KF and maybe even pvp instances. Since it doesn't affect gameplay at all maybe pki should be removed and replaced with achievements?

edit: spelling

Edited by Sonny

Sort of agreed.

PKI rankings are worthless. People had been "selling" it by letting people kill them over and over again in non-fights so the other person could raise their own.

I can't imagine at this point why anybody cares what their pki is.

How would you propose to make pk achievements not fall to the same fate?

Sort of agreed.

PKI rankings are worthless. People had been "selling" it by letting people kill them over and over again in non-fights so the other person could raise their own.

I can't imagine at this point why anybody cares what their pki is.

How would you propose to make pk achievements not fall to the same fate?

I know radu put much effort into making PKI system, but some peeps are just a little bit OCD and if it may help numbers in KF/instances...I know me and my friend would pop in to mess around in PK if no pki, because of no rosto. In regards to achievements don't know maybe there shouldn't be any, we need to encourage casual pking.

Edited by Sonny

Well,it's just mine opinion,but I thought I might share it with you.About acivements-I'd like to see something like the Instancer achivement.Maybe not for going to the instances,but for achived kills/victories. ;)

Edited by RedDevil

To be honest, I used to care about pki damn much when I was very actively playing, and it was around +37. When you get it very high (where you gain only 0.02 for killing, and you lose 0.55 for dieing.) you start to care about it. Ofc it's just me.

-Kaddy

Don't most PKers have privacy on anyway? No way of showing off someone's high PKI other than telling people about it. Perhaps instead of removing PKI, reset it every real life six months or year. Then maybe at the end of the year, the person with highest PKI gets some sort of reward.

Edited by hussam

Just remove it. If you are able to consistently kill people then both you and they, as well as anyone else watching, will know. You hardly need some trivial points system to remind yourself that you've done it.

And if you really care that much about proving kills just take a screen when you kill someone.

Not that I know these days but surely everyone who actively PKs knows each other and therefore how good the others are anyway.

In my opinion, remove it.

But it really is sort of up to the players with high pki to decide to let go what they've worked for/achieved.

In my opinion, remove it.

But it really is sort of up to the players with high pki to decide to let go what they've worked for/achieved.

That's the problem. Not all of them earned it. The ones who didn't, totally devalue it for the ones who did, and shouldn't have a say in it.

But yeah, it should be removed in my opinion too. As always, it's a shame when some people have to ruin other's hard work (both the implementation and those who didn't abuse it).