Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Littlebig

Invisible mines

For the eng quest you dont actually need to blow them up, just place them.

I dont recall if they were always invis, but caltrops and snares have been invisible for a long time.

Oh, i dont meant blowing them just on quest, but anywhere, you must wait victim step on it before you use detonator ,but that mean also you need too see where your rc mine is. Before new client they was visible. Caldrops are always been normally visible(altough very low visibility), but snares also chenged invisible with new client.

Simple solution, when placing a mine etc, click F9 to generate a particle test at that location. Nobody else can see it and you can blow up the mine whenever someone is on the spot.

I think I have solved this mystery, it is simply a matter of perception.

I had the quest and went in with my RC mines. After dropping them I could not see them. My 'naked' perception is 10.

After I put on my night visor I had no trouble seeing them, in fact even after taking of the visor I still could see them.

Went out of the mine and came back in again w/o visor -> no mines (did get a message that I was on them).

Visor back on -> mines became visible.

Burn's perception is 17, Littlebig has only 12, which probably is not enough to see the mines.

No bug, game and client working as they should.

Maxine