Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KoDdy

battle spells

What about add to game few more battle spells / effects? would be nice have more of them than Mana Drain, Life Drain , Harm and Poison ...

I think there should be cheap offensive spell between poison and harm, which would cause constant dmg round 10 or below

I think there should be cheap offensive spell between poison and harm, which would cause constant dmg round 10 or below

I don't see any reason to add such spell.

I'd rather see spells that increases the physical damage in melee combat. Like adds some magic damage to your sword for 30 sec or similar. Also low damage weapons should get higher damage bonus than weps that have already really high damage (bronze sword, therm serp). Would make rarely used great swords more useful in PK.

The reason for adding low damage but cheap spell is to get a way to train magic vs monsters :) Life drain works in some situations and to me that is way more fun then casting shield...

Edited by ProHibited

The reason for adding low damage but cheap spell is to get a way to train magic vs monsters :) Life drain works in some situations and to me that is way more fun then casting shield...

The only problem of Life Drain is such short range of the spell (which is a problem in general with many spells), you have to stand really close to be able to cast a spell.

Maybe effect of the spell could be connected to the distance of the target. The farther the target is, the less effect the spell delivers. Of course there would has to be a maximum range for spells, so you can't harm anyone across half the map, but right now, magic is very distance limited IMO.

I think those elementary magic spells might be fun~~ earth,fire,water,air- there are glyphs for those already, and magic schools in which the spells could be taught (quest reward?) ..it seems to me there was already an intent to do this