Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thyralax

Halloween 10

Tis the season for thyralax to be merry....

Yes my spooks ghosts and ghoulish ones it is fast approaching hallows eve.

In celebration of the dark hours of the year we will be holding some forum based events this year (as well as the regular in game events).

The First event

Story Writing Event.

We would like to hear your spooky stories.

So here is how it goes.

We challenge you to write a NEW short el themed Halloween story, poem or song.

You can post it in this thread, or pm me your entry and I will post it anonymously for you. (However your name will be used when the winners are announced should you win)

There will be a panel of judges who will read and decide upon the winner based on what they consider to be the best entry.

Whilst Spelling & punctuation will be considered don’t worry if it isn’t that good or you are a non native English speaker as long as the story/poem/piece its self is good you will stand a chance of winning (as if i could complain about poor spelling just ask ace :omg: )

We will have a roleplay based campfire gathering over the Halloween weekend (on the Sunday night 31st GMT) where we can have a bit of spooky fun and announce the winner of the contest.

The Rules

1 Entry’s should be no longer than 2000 words (we aren’t after epics here peeps and they can be much shorter if desired )

2 Lets keep them clean please

3 If you are going to use another players name in your entry please ensure you get their permission 1st

4 Have fun with them

The best 3 stories/poems etc will recieve an ingame prize.

Have fun, good luck and yes this year I would like you to scare me again this time.

Edited by Thyralax

Introduction

“Ha-ha, now we’ve got you, drink this and be quite!”

“Yes sir” Trembling over to a seat where he took the potion out of Mortos hand and drank it.”

“Now you’re with me, slave!”

The Story

As LittleLooter opened the door wide open, the dark figure down the corridor approached. “Ah Mortos, I was expecting you, your late.”

“And who are you to judge me as late?”

“Sorry Master but this is important, we must not be late, now come we have things to do.”

LittleLooter picked up a candle from his desk and lit it with a match on the tableside, “Lead the way Mortos” said LittleLooter fiercely. As Mortos lead the way down the dark corridor, you could only just see where you were going from the dim light of the candle. “Around this corner, and be quite, we don’t want to awake the, well you know what.” Whispered Mortos.

As soon as we entered the room the dim light from the candle went out, the doors slammed behind us, Mortos reached over to his side and the room that we was now in was light, you could see cages and cages of animals, Well when I say animals I mean monsters.

Mortos walked over to a cage, “Here’s the beast, watch out, it’s pure evil”

“Your pure evil Mortos.....And I like it, anyway what’s with all these other critters? Are you letting them loose upon thousands of Eternal players and we just sit back and watch them die?”

“Hmm, not quite, I was thinking of something much more, well evil.”

“I can’t think of anything more evil, but I suppose you can.”

“2 Days to go and these beauties will be out and the world will be in my hands!”

2 Days Later

“LITTLELOOTER! WHERE ARE YOU?” shouted Mortos at the top of his voice.

I walked in through the front door, “Ooh good morning Mortos, how are you today?”

“Never mind that! We have work to do!”

“Yes, Sir lead the way”

“Ok, release the Fluffy Rabbits, Phantom Warriors, Bears, Cyclops first, but not all the bears, we need some of them for later”

“Yes sir, I take it were going to hit them by surprise with a huge invasion, and then the beast in the underworld?”

“Yeah, at last you worked it out, are you ready? I’m about to release the rest of them except the “Beast” and the Castellan’s those are going to be the surprise ending what will give me and you the world!, so get ready, we are going out to watch the people die!”

The fresh air against my face felt good, but as soon as I heard people scream and shouting for help I realised....what I had done, I ran as fast as I could and shouted back to Mortos “I’ll be back!”

I ran to Viorel, gathered my Armour, Weapon, Essence and Potions, I then shouted as loud as I could “Everybody come to Naralik Storage ASAP! I have some very important information!”

After a few minutes there were over 1000 players at Naralik storage.

“Listen all Mortos put me under some sort of potion to make me be on his side, there’s a huge invasion, this day, this Halloween, and we are all going to die, and when we go to the underworld, Mortos has created a new creature, a devil, it will kill you again and again, over and over, and Mortos will rule the world, we must prevent this from happening! We must all stay as a big team so nobody dies, eventually we will win this war!”

“Look, over there, a huge dark figure, it looks like Mortos! RUN!!!” Screamed one of the people all huddled at the storage.

“Don’t run, we must fight this war, everybody above 120 attack and defence to the front, the people lower range!”

“Mortos stay away we will defeat you!”

“Ha-ha you fools, you will never defeat me, and LittleLooter you betrayed me, you will pay!”

At this time Mortos was no further than 10 feet away from the strongest players. “You will all die, prepare for death, as I summon the beast of beasts in the underworld and the rest in Morcraven Marsh, You are surly all to die!”

“I and my friends will not let that happen! Team we are going to Morcraven Marsh, and this time we will defeat Mortos, today, the great invasion, will not be so great for you Mortos, as you will be defeated!”

THE END

Hope you enjoy it. :P

Here is my story

Hope u like it

Hollow

In the dark corridor the girl sat and waited. Behind her the shrine shone brightly. A place that carried memories, a place she never should have discovered.

The air swept through with a strong draft. Carefully, the girl stood up and walked to the place she had come from. Behind the wall she heard voices. School had begun. She smiled at the memories, then turned around and returned to the shrine. She couldn't recite how long she had been there, but it seemed like years. The shrine had taken care of food, after her own supply ran out and now she sat there, waiting. The portal on her right shone temptingly, but she couldn't leave. She ran her hand accross the treasures she had with her. A weapon of the angels, a weapon of the gods and the crowns of life and spirit. She hated them though. They were the reason she was here. The great power they had held an even greater responsibility. One that was unfair to ask of a child. She hated those who lived their lives perfectly, learning magic the way they should, even tough it was her own fault.

She turned her gaze to the portal again, forgetting about the warning, she looked straight in it. Her vision faded and the world turned black. Now she remembered the warning. "One more look in the teleportal and you will loose your sight forever." And she had simply forgotten, while she had nothing else to think about. Tears filled her sightless eyes as her longing to be back returned. The idea had come to her about what to do before, but this time she finally made up her mind. This was not her destiny and she was going to use the power to do something about it.

Claudia gathered her books together and sped through the halls. She burst into the biotope study room just on time. The teacher walked in seconds after her. Relieved she carefully moved over to stand by her best friend. Tania had been suffering from pains lately, undescribable ones that would soon have her in the nurse's area. Claudia treasured all the time she could get with her. As everyone listened to the instructions, Claudia saw a dark shadow move accross the walls. Slowly she turned to her friend, but she seemed fine. A soft voice seemed to call out to Claudia. "Don't you think it's taken long enough?" Suddenly Tania collapsed and everyone's attention turned to her and then Claudia. Surprise struck her. They didn't think she had...

But the class had already forgotten their assumption and were asking her to help carry Tania to the nurse.

It seemed like it had been hours, it might have, untill the nurse came out. Pity shone in her eyes as she looked at Claudia.

"Can you come over here for a second?"

Claudia got up and joined her in one of the rooms.

"I know how close you and Tania were, I mean are. I-I'm so sorry Claudia, but she has precisely twentyeight hours to live."

Shock burst through Claudia like lightning in the summer. She had known this would happen someday, but not so soon. She thought back to what had happened earlier, what had that shadow done? But she wanted to be with Tania, for her last hours, so she tried to ignore it. Shadows couldn't do anything, not in a school pretected by a magic barrier, and not to her or Tania, who were near-perfect students with very high grades! But somwhere fait didn't agree. Another dark shadow cast itself accross the wall. A soft voice echoed through her ear: "How do you like it for yourself Claudia. But I can end it. And I can show you how...."

"Stop it!", Claudia shrieked, "Go away, I don't want to know!"

Suprised the nurse took a few steps back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it would affect you so much!"

Suddenly Claudia realized what had just happened.

"Sorry miss."

She left the nurse and Tania behind and walked away, the voice still echoing softly through her mind. What did it mean?!

Tyler had invited her to join him and study in the library, but she had declined. He had seemed rather upset, but she had to fill in the rest of her friends on the situation. Monique and Isabelle were not nearly as close with Claudia as Tania was, but they were good friends. When she told them the news they too felt the same. They decided to meet eachother in the gardens to prepare a special gift for Tania. They were on the way to the gardens when she spotted Tyler. She told the other two to go ahead and she would meet them there, then walked over to Tyler. He turned and looked straight in her eyes, and Claudia could swear she saw a tiny gleam of red. Suddenly Tyler grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.

"What's going on?"

"Come to the library."

Was he serious? He was getting this worked up about the library? Tyler didn't even like studies!

He dragged her into the library and over to the bookcases on the right.

There he shoved her against the shelves and suddenly the two of them were in a dark hall. Fear crept over Claudia. She knew she had been here before, somehow she had gone through this place, countless times, but as she tried to search her memory dark clouds blocked her view. Was this despair? The same kind of dark shadow that had crossed over the walls was now all around her and she could hear rats huddling together in a corner. Something was going to happen...

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of them."

Return

Monique couldn't tell what was wrong with Claudia. First she hadn't come to the gardens and now she had dragged them off to the kitchen with an excuse about that Tania would want something to eat. She was worried about Claudia, something had been wrong all day and now she was acting so strange. As though a force of evill had possesed her soul. Something had happened she couldn't turn back and it was driving her mad, because she thought she had found a way. She decided that as soon as they got to the kitchen she would turn and face the being in Claudia. No fear and no doubt in it. Claudia's eyes were burning in her back. Monique wondered if she was on to her.

As they entered the kitchen she was about to turn on Claudia when she noticed the lid to the sewers was gone. Suspicious she walked over, well aware of Claudia behind her and ready to take action.

She looked down into the sewer. It was a long way down, but she still could make out the empty floor and the foul water, luckily it was just high enough for the stench not to reach. Little did she know the three shadows cast upon the wall were soon to become one. She felt a cold hand on her shoulder and fear froze her. This was not Claudia.

"Do it, now!" A soft voice hissed accross Moniques mind, but she couldn't, she couldn't kill Isabelle.

"Forgive me Monique.", but Isabelle didn't sound like she meant it.

The dark shadow cast itself one last time and you could almost see the red glint in Claudia's eyes.

"Down you go."

I know it's kinda long, but it's below 2000 words ^_^'

Edited by Rosaline

Good Evening kids today I'm telling you the story of Hans.

Hans was a ten year old gnome. He lived together with his mother in Hurquin in the Tiny Mushroom Tavern & Inn. It was Halloween and a lovely full moon night. Lots of people came to the Tavern this night. Hans was bored and wanted to have some fun but it was late and his mother didn't want to let him outside. He layed in his bed and looked at his seashell he found last summer. He said to himself 'today is Halloween and today I'm going to have some fun'. He opened the small round door into the tavern. His mother was busy at the moment giving drunken people more ale and wine. He saw his chance and run to the door that led outside past chairs,tables, empty bottles and drunken guys. He knew exactly where he had to go. He said hello to his friend leo the lion and walked to the docks.And there was the problem of his plan. There were 2 ships and he didn't know where to go. He just belived on his luck and took the left one. It was just amazing.It was dark and the quartz was shining in the moonlight. People from all over the world were laughing and drinking. Hans walked through the streetstill he came to a gate with a statue that hold a sword. Hans wanted to look a bit more exact at the statuebut then he fell he just about hold on the sword. The gate opened. Hans lokked behind him and nobody was watching him so he want through the gate. As he kept walking the voices from the city became more and morequite.Then he saw a rabbit. It had white fur. Hans steped closer for him it seemed like a normal whiterabbit. He remembered that he had a carrot in his pocket. He got it out and made another step to the rabbit.He hold it in front of the rabbit. The rabbit was so fast he couldn't exactly realize what happened. He just felt pains in his hand. He wanted to look at his hand but there was no hand. He screamed and ran he didn'tknow where he ran he just wanted to get away from this killer rabbit. He ran till he came to a precipice.He couldn't go any further. He felt save here but then he saw a kind of yellowy wolf coming near him.As it was only a few steps far from him he saw the horns and the big sharp teeth. The wolf looked hungry Hans couldn't flee. He was trapped and felt scared but he didn't just die without even trying to fight. He looked around him for a weapon and saw a bone. He wanted to pick it up but as he grabbed it he fell and landed on his bottom. He was all over dirty his arm didn't stop bleeding and he was frighten.Halloween couldn't become any mieserable until he saw these huge creatures. They had big nose and looked angry. One of them cam to Hans and attacked him. Hans tried to flee but he couldn't. Somehow he was cought in this fight he just couldn't flee. Soemthing wouldn't let him. The creature hit him on the head and he saw dark.Hans woke up but didn't open his eyes he hoped everything would have been just a dream. He opened his eyes and it wasn't a dream. He was on a little island in a red bruning land. He still only had one hand and felt very weak. He didn't know what to do everything got so bad. He wished he stayed at home by his mom. Hans was a brave child and stood up he saw the exit of this hell. But between him and the exit was lava. He looked around him and saw three red balls. He took one but din't know what to do with it.

He started to cry. He had to stay on this terrible little island in this terrible red land Forever.

(sry for my bad language/Spelling)

'RUN!' My own voice echoed in my head as I sprinted through the streets of White Stone City. 'Move those little gnome legs!' The quiver of arrows on my back bounced with each step as I ducked into an alley to catch my breath. With chest heaving and breath coming in short gasps I flattened myself against the wall and prayed my pursuers hadn't seen.

“Brains, braaaaaaains.” The group of zombies passed by at a surprisingly fast shuffle and with a little sting in my heart I recognized L33t and SavanahJade. 'No!' I involuntarily gasped and one of the zombies at the back of the group heard me and turned. It was Pablo and now he was shuffling toward me. “Noobva, braaaaaaaainssss.” He moaned as I took a few steps back and reached into my quiver for an arrow.

“Oh Pabs I'm sorry.” I sniffed as I raised my elven bow, nocked the arrow, and drew back the string. My heart hammered in my chest, making my hands shake. “It will be better for you this way buddy.” I let the arrow fly and it caught him in the shoulder, throwing him off balance and slowing him enough for me to draw and release a second time. The second arrow whizzed through the air and hit zombie Pablo right between the eyes. He fell in a heap a few feet in front of me. “You're lucky I loved you enough to aim pal.” I muttered as I looked around for an escape route.

My fear-clouded brain noticed the sewer grate and after only a seconds hesitation I pulled it open with numb fingers and climbed down into the dank smelly depths of the White Stone sewers. When my feet hit solid, slimy ground I took a minute to catch my breath, retch, look around, retch some more, and come up with a plan of action. Anything, ANYTHING to keep myself from thinking about how many of my friends had fallen under this evil spell and how many I had already had to clear from my path. Bug, Clarke, The Rajun's, Ani, CCG, the Professor, most of the guild, all dead by my arrows or my sword and no matter how many times I told myself that it was them or me and that they weren't really themselves anymore anyway, my heart still sank every time I thought about it. My own husband I had thrown into one of the rooms of the Lakeside Village tavern and locked him inside. I just didn't have it in me to put an arrow through my soul mate, even if he wanted to eat my brain.

But there was no time for tears now. That little pack of brain eaters had really thrown a wrench in my plans to find and kill the head zombie to try to bring order back to Draia. “You better hope you are right about this 'head zombie' thing” I muttered to myself as I ventured deeper into the smelly darkness listening to the scurry of rats and roaches and the dripping of foul fetid water. I had been able to find out from the few unmutated people I had run into where this zombie outbreak had started and a little more digging at the source had given me the name of the very first person to change. I wasn't entirely positive that killing the first person to have turned zombie would fix everything but I knew I couldn't just sit around and do nothing. If there was something that might help, then I would have to try. Research in the Portland library indicated that this was what was needed, so this is what I would do.

'How am I going to get to Vermor Castle alone?', I asked myself as I tired to remember which exit was the one I wanted. Something moaned in one of the offshoot passages, freezing me in my tracks and spiking my heart rate again. I could hear the blood rushing in my ears as I drew an arrow and nocked it on the bow string. Trying to control my breathing I raised the bow as I turned. I could hear shuffling footsteps now and someone moaning Brrr...... Brrrrrrrrr... Echoes bounced off the walls, distorting every sound.

“That doesn't sound like 'brains'.” I muttered and I could hear the bow string creak as I drew it back, bringing the fletching right under my eye so I could sight down the shaft, and waited. The shuffling and moaning grew louder and I prayed that whatever came around the corner wouldn't have a familiar face. My forearm began to tremble and sweat ran into my eyes as I waited for what seemed like an eternity.

Finally an arm came around the corner, then a leg, then a body. “Briiiiiicks, brrrrriiiiiiiiicks!” It moaned as it advanced. As I released the arrow something clicked in my brain and I pulled hard to the right before it could take full flight. It grazed the shoulder of the advancing figure who immediately stopped and shouted, “WTF!”, and I knew I hadn't been wrong.

“Radu?” I asked in confused disbelief as I scrambled to pull another arrow. “WTF are you doing down here?”

He smirked and replied, “In case you haven't noticed there are bands of zombies roaming up there.”

“Oh really?” I replied with my own smirk. “No I hadn't noticed. I really enjoy the light of the sewer gases so I got a little weekend home down here. Of course I know there are zombies up there! What are you doing down here acting like one of them? You are damned lucky I heard you say bricks and not brains.”

“If you act like them, they ignore you.” He said as he examined his shoulder. “They are too stupid to notice if you are actually moaning 'brains' and I was hoping that if I came across a non zombie that they would be smart enough to hear the difference. Guess I was almost right.” He poked a finger through the hole in his shirt my arrow had made as it grazed over the top and made a face.

“Are you bleeding?”

“No.”

“Then hush and lets go. I'll fill you in on what we have to do as we go.” I said as I put the unused arrow back into the quiver.

Radu raised an eyebrow and said, “Kill the head zombie? Yeah I figured that out already, I've been trying to find out who it is.” He turned to walk away.

“Ace.” I said shortly to his retreating back and he turned. “It's Acelon.”

“You're sure?” He asked with narrowed eyes. I simply nodded sadly. “Well then it's him.”

“He's in Vermor Castle. Makes more sense to travel together.” I said and he nodded. “Don't you have a weapon?” I asked while looking at his empty hands.

“Yeah just a sec, its over here.” He disappeared around the corner and came back moments later with a shiny black AK47.

“Now where the heck did you get that?” I asked with a chuckle.

“Don't ask questions.” He said shortly. “Let's go.”

I let him lead the way out of the sewers and across White Stone with a heavy heart. Sometimes the things that you have to do to save the world can make you sad.

radu.jpg

"Briiiicks. Briiiiiiiicks!"

Thanks to Hatwood for the awesome 'Zombie' Radu illustration. :D

Edited by Nova

This history beggins on July 2007...

brunofsm was making some spirit essences near votd sto in the darkest night ever saw in EL.

A few essences later the mercury was gonne and he decided to get some of the mercury that, on that time, grew up on the north of Kilaran Field.

He kept all his items at the storage, he passed out the cemitery then he arrived to KF. It was rainning a lot, perception 4. The clock said 4:30. brunofsm couldn't saw 3 steps in front of his nose, then he decided to start walking carefully to watch if the creatures there don't attack him. A few steps later, a forest chimeran wolf appeared came from a bush, brunofsm run out for left but comming from the otherside a fluffy. He runned for north until he realize that those monsters didn't followed him. He walked a few more until he saw the bags of mercury. He picked up 3 of them the fast as he can then, he started running again but... coming from no where, metanol was in front of him. brunofsm got paralized. Metanol, with his js, hit once, and 37 health points of brunofsm were gonne, then, metanol strike again and Zaaaaaasssss......

Some say that brunofsm is stucked in the eternal fire of the Hell, others say that he turned into a mortos ghost looking for his revenge. But that are only rumours.

Where is he now? no one knows....

That was my history, hope you enjoyed it, and sorry for some mistakes on my english.

Good luck all ;)

(brunofm in game)

Happy Halloween to all of you,

our moderators will surprise joo.

There coming people in masks

and here coming also a hard task.

Blue message showed up,

and in air you can hear "oh crap".

There will come monsters masses,

sorted to different classes.

You won't have a special day,

if you will stay out away.

Let's go, we must kill them all,

and don't just hide behind the wall.

Are you warrior,ranger, or mage?

We don't care , just let's pop up bloody rage.

Take your weapons and let's start race,

who can hit more of them to face.

They shouldn't even come here,

we haven't of them fear.

Maybe we die, and "wut"?

rostogol stone save your butt.

You can get them for 5time buck,

and can have in drops luck.

After long bloody fight,

we saw on sky white light.

After started freshly rain,

and we have got there peace again.

#Sorry for my english, but at least gave it a try =p

On a late night in October, you drag your body through the desert winds of Kamara Desert after a tiresome mining trip, you smile widely when you have a glance at your burden full of valuable ores. Onward to the storage, you see a strange light emitting from a powerful magic force, its power makes you feel slightly dizzy.

You sneak through the path to the sinister light, there sat a hooded figure, as you attempt to look in his face the light stutters as a breeze blows over, you feel eerily numb, a voice came from the hooded figure:

”Can I bother you for a story?"

He follows with an evil laughter.

You nod and encircle body with your arms to warm yourself.

"Long ago in the City of White Stone lived a man named Cero, he was a skilled warrior and served in the Tarsengaard militia as the commander, he was famous for his feats in protecting the city from the invading goblins.

Cero visited his master whom he learned his fighting skills from, he went to the desert tropics where he lived.

To his astonishment, his master along with his apprentices - were dead.

He cried to the sky questioning his master's death and answered only with agony.

He looked around for trace of the killer, there was a piece of nailed stuck to a tree with a dagger

"Face me...If you dare..." there were some cryptic writings on the back of the papyrus, Cero was able to see the code hidden amongst the writings.

"Isc...alrith?"

The man teleported to the icy fields of Iscalrith and he drew his sword.

There wasn't a sign of a single person, Cero spun around in confusion.

From an arctic pine a man in robes emerged, he beheaded Cero with a single slash." The hooded figure laughs maniacally.

You think the hooded man killed Cero

"....MONSTER! YOU KILLED CERO! YOU--" You never finished your sentence as the cold steel ran through your chest.You gasped, and blood trickled out from your lips.The sword was pulled out, and you collapsed. Everything went dark. Everything was vanishing.You saw Cero's severed head laying on the snowy plains.

You hear the hooded man say something, your will was strong and you wished to know what it was before you died.

"My Great Lord Mortos, with these puny heroes reduced to dust, you will prevail in the invasion on the Land of Eternals...all that's left is for your minions to rise on the Hallows Eve!"

ps:Sorry my English fails

Edited by cantfindaname

“Damn this night is as cold and black as the rancid heart of Mortos,” she thought as she was walking through the barren forest of Nordcarn. She had been keeping watch at the Southern Kiliran pass that evening. The day before, along with other guild masters, she had been given information about a possible invasion from Thyralax. Apparently, his spies were spending more time drinking ale in Oana’s tavern, than doing what they were paid to do. :icon8: The only thing moving out there had been those creepy trees. “Hmm…” she thought, “maybe I have been spending too much time at Oana’s too, because I could have sworn I saw something…but it was definitely not an invasion monster.” But rather than look like a fool, she had kept her mouth shut. Besides, she had caught Cyberwulf looking at her a couple of times. Normally, she wouldn’t think much about it. But, there was something strange in his eyes this night. “Oh well…he was probably just intent upon keeping a vigilant watch.”

She could see the fires of the Nordcarn towers, now burning bright through the trees as if to say to her, “Come this way and I will protect you.” But she knew otherwise. Nordcarn had a legend about guardsmen being taken from those towers, swept from their post into the night sky never to be seen again. In fact, the old grave digger Kohtag had gotten into a fight just this afternoon with Oscar because he was telling stories about how archers were the primary targets of these attacks. He said it was vampires that were stalking the ancient town of Nordcarn. The living undead. “Ha! Vampires…Kohtag is letting his job get to him,” she murmured.

She sees someone walking in her direction. “Where the hell did he come from,” she thought.

“Brusu,” said the man in a gentle voice. “I’ve been looking for you the whole night.”

“Rastafarius? What are you doing out here? And you knew I was watching the Southern pass this night,” she said, still wondering how he had almost appeared out of nowhere.

“Indeed…I suppose it slipped my mind. Nevertheless, the guild is gathered at Oana’s Tavern. They are waiting for you. If you could be so good as to not linger here, they would appreciate your visit,” he said with a smile.

She answered seductively, “Sure my love, and you can escort me along the way to keep me safe.” :devlish:

“No, I have to meet with Cyberwulf to talk about…some things…but I will be there shortly.” And with that he turned and started walking in the direction from whence she had come.

“Well I’ll be da…,” she thought to herself. Rasta sometimes acted strange, but this was down right, rude. But, something else about him bothered her. His skin looked…different. Pale. More pale than usual. And, what could he be talking about with Cyberwulf? Is that the reason Cyberwulf was looking at her strangely tonight? “I hope there is not to be a fight,” she thought as she approached the outer wall of the city.

Normally, this gate would be bustling with excitement. Merchants trying to sell their goods, guards making their daily shift changes and young maidens hoping to catch the eye of some young brave hero. But none of that tonight. The only noise to be heard is the howl of wind as is passes over the wall and through the canals. Leaves falling onto the hard, rock pathways that would normally be filled with wagons and horses.

She looks up ahead and notices the faint light of the tavern windows and is quickly reminded of the night before. “Hmm…now that I think about it, the entire guild has been acting awful queer these last few days,” she says remembering the way Krazes had not talked much with her the night before. Normally he would be pounding down the ale, laughing and telling stories about how him and Angler had killed some monstrous beast in the in the frozen lands of the Forgotten. But, that had not been the case last night.

She was thinking about how a cold mug of ale would help cool her nerves as she pushed through the door at Oana’s. Looking around she could see that most of the guild was here, along with Cyberwulf’s Fire Dragons. There was the normal banter that you always hear in a tavern, glasses breaking, feet shuffling. But strangely, no one looked up to greet her. She walked toward the bar and then happened to catch the eye of Sir Megatron. “Hello Sir Meg. How are you,” she asked.

“Blessed be you, Brusu,” he returned in a cold, uncaring voice. :evilgrin:

She opened her mouth to give him a good talking to when she heard, “Brusu, my dear. Glad you could make it.” She turned around to find Cyberwulf and Rasta standing right behind her.

“How did you two get here so fast,” she asked as the entire tavern became quiet as a graveyard.

“Take her!” yelled Cyberwulf. Hands as cold as ice grabbed her from behind and Rasta reached for her sword. She turned her head to see her attacker and found the pale face of Krazes gleaming at her. He smiled and revealed the fangs of what must be a vampire.

Suddenly, it all made sense to her. The strange way everyone was acting, the skin color. And now as she looked around, she could see that everyone was a vampire. Even her beloved Rastafarius had the blood thirsty eyes of the nightmarish creature.

She yelled in a voice she reserved only for battle, “LET ME GO!” She thrust off her attackers, unsheathed her sword and flung it in a circle around her to clear some room. :medieval: Looking back at Cyberwulf, she pointed her sword and demanded, “You are the cause of this…EVIL! What have you done to my…my…guildies? My beloved? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!”

“You idiots!” shouted Cyberwulf. “She is just one woman, and yet you cannot control her! I suppose I will have to deal with her.” :mace: She did not wait for him to make his move, but thrust her sword deep into his belly. She watched in horror as he pulled the sword from his body, lifted her into the air, and threw her across the room and into the wall.

As she returned to her feet, she saw Kohtag standing in the corner smiling. Then a memory of him telling a story about vampires came to her. “What was it he said…what was it…think…think…,” she whispered to herself. Cyberwulf was walking toward her and she knew she must make her move now, or she was to become like them…or worse. Their food.

Then it hit her. She raised her sword high, slashed down upon the leg of the table in front of her, and chopped off a sharp piece of wood. She flung her sword at Cyberwulf to break his attention, then reached for the wooden stake. She leaped across the table and buried the stake into the heart of the vampire master.

Cyberwulf roared in agony as he looked into the eyes of his slayer. Brusu never winced as she took the palm of her hand and beat the stake deeper into his chest. She stepped back and kicked him into the wall. “Die, you beast from hell!” she yelled.

Finally, his head fell forward, chin touching his chest and he stopped moving. She turned to look at the rest of the vampires, and noticed that they were returning to normal. They all began to look around, as if they were wondering how they had got there. Catching her breath, and still amazed at everything that had happened, she thought to herself, “Damn, this has been one hell of a Halloween in Draia!”

The End and Happy Halloween!! :hiya:

Okay the story (and picture contest) is now closed. no more entries will be considered.

Due to unforseen circumstances i wont be able to hold the after event party. But will get back to you as soon as the judges results are in.

Sorry for the inconveniance. And we will arrange a suitible place to award the prizes :D

Okay the results ae in

first place is calif

Second goes to Nova

and 3rd place goes to Rosaline.

Congratulations to all of the winners they were some truely scary bits to read.

Thanks to every one who submitted an entry. They were all fantastic.