Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

Degrading Armor

One of the worst things that can happen imo is when your armor gets destroyed. The quest which came up made it almost seem like a good thing. Now we need to destroy our armor at some point so that we can make new ones and help the economy and the players to get manufacturing xp. Ok, and here is my idea: When you destroy a degraded item, there could be a slim chance that it becomes something special.

Example: Your Used Titanium Plate Mail becomes destroyed and you get a Titanium Plate Mail of Freezing.

This would encourange some players with tons of gc to waste some of their armors. Because what they are looking for is the very rare and special stuff. They have everything and I am sure they are after some stuff that nobody has yet. Special Armors are traded for imaginary prices, for millions of gc so far.

How about a message: "Happy Potter shows up and repairs your armor in the last moment! Now it's enchanted!!"

So what do you think about the idea ?

I think you mean Harry Potter, not Happy Potter.

But I like the idea.

Particularly with dragon/bronze armor (which can't be repaired atm) it would be nice if there was a very small chance for good to come out of their breakage. (knowing that atm the dragon/bronze armor have no special counterparts other then the rdholam [instance only drop])

ReDHoLaM could be accompanied with BDHoLaM and IDHoLam, just for the matching look (maybe 185/50 for BD and 200/75 for ID bonuses) as a quite rare instance drops from top two difficulties :P (BD from top two, ID from only the hardest one perhaps...)

i remember there was once talk of a recycling centre for degraded armors that would take that armor and give you some sort of return on it

that idea was great, and seemed to be put on the back burner, sorry if this sounds off topic but it seemed similar to me

get some ings back so manuers can make more st00f , even if it was just the hydro bar( that would leave the bindings/nriched essies to be found elsewhere )